02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Unofficial 'I want ...' thread

[ Edited ]
2,949 Replies 30,151 Views edited 09-04-2008
In my opinion there are quite a few things sony need to add to ps3 firmware, I'll list the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

The ability to make "phone calls" to buddies no matter what they are doing at the time, if they are in game make it so a notification shows on screen and a tap of the ps button answers the call so as not to interrupt gameplay.

A news icon in the network part of the xmb so that issues like the one I'm currently having with rub a dub (bought the full game and installed but am only getting the demo :S ) can be pointed out so that we know sony is doing something about it.

Here's a biggie - an option to reassign control pad buttons to a MOUSE and KEYBOARD to play games with (1st person games that is) yeah it's not important to most of us but I have at least 6 friends who would buy a ps3 tomorrow if they could play resistance with a mouse and keyboard but because they can't they are not going to bother until the price drops to around half what it is.
Message Edited by Lestrade on 09-04-2008 02:29 PM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

[Crazy Critta]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Crazy Critta]
Accepted Solution
Rumble, anyone?:p

Good Point :D Yeah "Lets get read to rumble." (sorry, had to !!! :o )
0 Kudos

Re: Unofficial 'I want ...' thread

/16

Watts_Rebelzzz

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Watts_Rebelzzz
Accepted Solution
Good Point :D Yeah "Lets get read to rumble." (sorry, had to !!! :o )

Yeah but if and when they do implement the rumble again everyone will have to buy whole new controllers if you want the rumble feedback just because you get one new thing built into them.
0 Kudos

/16

[Crazy Critta]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Crazy Critta]
Accepted Solution
Yeah but if and when they do implement the rumble again everyone will have to buy whole new controllers if you want the rumble feedback just because you get one new thing built into them.

I know it's not to everyones taste having to buy a new controller but personally I would buy a new one if the rumble feature returned.

e.g. Playing something like F1 and going over the rumble strip is without the controller rumbling is a bit strange now having had it there for so long.
0 Kudos

/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
A_Rampaging_Duck
Accepted Solution
u know u can just quote a thread and not have to type the whole thing out right??? :P just cheking
0 Kudos

/16

Watts_Rebelzzz

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Watts_Rebelzzz
Accepted Solution
I know it's not to everyones taste having to buy a new controller but personally I would buy a new one if the rumble feature returned.

e.g. Playing something like F1 and going over the rumble strip is without the controller rumbling is a bit strange now having had it there for so long.

Yeah I have Formula One Championship Edition as well and I miss the rumble sometimes like you said when you go on the red & white strips on the side of the road.
0 Kudos

/16

Squall_10

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Squall_10
Accepted Solution
1. I would like a more effective way of streaming content from a PC to my PS3.
2. As said before, access to the XMB whilst preforming other tasks.
3. Voice chat within games to be fully supported and functional (Motorstorm anyone ;))
4. The ability to rip music off of my Sony walkman MP3 player, would be sweet :D
5. The EU and US stores to have the same content at the same time :mad:

Rant over :D
0 Kudos

PSN ID: Squall_10
/16

BlackCanary

75%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackCanary
Accepted Solution

For sony to treat us all like Equals treat the Consumers the same way as SCEA nad SCEJ treat them with respect.

!ADVERT! :smileywink:

Europe and the
PS Store Screwed By Sony/SCEE again

Part 1
and Part 2 on Youtube.

This video covers the topics that are coverd
in these Threads and all the other Threads that i'm sure you've have all notice
that are about SONY/SCEE and the PS Store.

Tune in now and find out how sony feel about the European consumer .

Found out why there hasn't been a date set for the the 80GB PS3.

This video is full of Facts that will blow
you away. Tune in and Tune out you will not regreat it.

Youtube Link for Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayiguGf1tp0&feature=related

Veoh Link for full Video:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6992169W7mabMBZ

NO TREES, DOGS, CATS, AND OLD PEOPLE
WERE HURT WHILE MAKING THIS ADVERT. ALL TOPICS IN FILM ARE BASED ON FACTS NOT
LIES.

0 Kudos

Playstation Home For Life not for a short term experience.
/16

ABC-Warrior

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ABC-Warrior
Accepted Solution

Back on topic;

Why can the PS3 keep albums in the correct listing order but PSP cannot?  Unless you use a playlist simply copying an album to PSP will cause it to list it in alphabetical order!!!

I'd like to change user during a game, rather than quit the game then change user; so much easier when two people want to play the same game but use their own save files.

More music visualisations

Update the browser, change it for a customised version of firefox or something, just update it more often

a clock and date on the XMB would be a nice touch, make it optional though 

I would like a better "master" admin user so that I can set files/games/demo's to only show on certain user log in's.  I know I can set parental controls but it would be nice to actually hide some content (no, not that kind!)

Oh, yeah and HOW ABOUT SOME ACTUAL GAMES FOR THE EYE CAM along the lines of the silly fun stuff that the eye toy had!  I bought this for my kids and there is virtually NOTHING worth buying yet.  Just some simple balloon knocking around, the kung fu game, keepie uppie, etc

Cheers! 

0 Kudos

/16

kitgerrits

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kitgerrits
Accepted Solution

I know this would be a pain to implement, but is there any way to have the PS3 simultaneously output HDMI and Component Video?

That way, I can switch between my big and my small TV without having to fire the other up to change the settings. 

(the projector is awesome for Burnout/GT5, but simply too noisy to play some music)

Also, it would be nice if music kept playing when you open the Playstation Store.

Speaking of music, an 'Enqueue' option would be awesome.

(preferably on single songs and on folders) 

0 Kudos

Simultaneous HDMI and Component-video?

/16

Ajwlive

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ajwlive
Accepted Solution
A messenger type of programme would be sweet, umm apart from that I cant really think, perhaps a clock aswell
0 Kudos

Re: Simultaneous HDMI and Component-video?

/16

sonihal

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sonihal
Accepted Solution
More online avatars for psn i.e MGS 1's, or like the forums have here, CUSTOM AVATARS!
0 Kudos

sverhal sig
/16

Jack2910

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jack2910
Accepted Solution
MGS1 in the classics section so we can download it.
0 Kudos

Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

Ourumov

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ourumov
Accepted Solution

VERY happy with my PS3, the only thing I'd like (sorry if it's been suggested, but i'm not going through 77 pages to see :P)

When you press the PS button, maybe the clock could be shown, no clock in my living room and would like to know just how late it really is :) 

0 Kudos

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
/16

westarmy

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
westarmy
Accepted Solution

Password when the users come up like i have to type in a password to access my account on the PS3

Auto-shut down like the one in Folding@Home because when i'm downloading some thing it takes about 2 hours if its long and i leave it on while i'm out so Sony add this please....(Most wanted)

Message Edited by westarmy on 12-07-2008 01:10 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sumrandomguy1993
Accepted Solution

Seeing as though the 2.41 patch is out now, that was meant to add a load of things that everyone wants, I'm gunna put what I would like on the next patch.

First of all, I would really appreciate it if we could play music while we are playing a game, I assume there would be no problems with doing this, as I believe the PS3 is more powerful than the 3FixMe witch can do this.

I would also like the internet browser to have more memory or whatever it needs so that the notices saying that there isn't enough memory to load the page doesn't come up.

I think an auto-shut down is also a good idea, I have numerous times had to leave my PS3 on while I have gone out because I have been downloading a large file.

I think the trophies idea is very nice, but would be better if there were more games added to the list of available trophies, such as older games that alot of people have already got.

0 Kudos

/16

Aeonous

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Aeonous
Accepted Solution
SAMBA support.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

mrfodds

• Beta Tester
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mrfodds
Accepted Solution
Don't know if this has been asked before, but particularly with the new trophy support in games it would be reasonable to ask for multiple users to be logged on 1 playstation at the same time much like the XBL. Seems ridiculous that I should log in, play Buzz, get my trophies, then quit game, and let our lass log in to get hers when we've both been playing together.
0 Kudos

Photobucket

/16

BlueSkiesXXV

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlueSkiesXXV
Accepted Solution

It would be useful if the Trophy status contained a bit more information.
A couple of buddies asked me how many trophies I had for Uncharted & I had to go through and manually count them...LOL!!!
This will be an issue if a buddy has 9 games in his Trophy list & you want to find out how he got his single Gold trophy.

You would have to access each game list!!!

Take a look at the pic below (NOT from my PS3).

It would be useful if a break down of trophies was diplayed next to the percentage value.  For example (with Eden),

28% (B: 12 / S: 03 / G: 01 / P: 00)

0 Kudos

/16

WallabyJack

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WallabyJack
Accepted Solution

I want....

More USB slots, but i have just found something to help me with this...

Ability to change Font colour ( So when using a white custom wallpaper you can read )

A bigger internal HDD - again just found something to help me with this...

But most of all i want Custom Soundtracks in ALL games!!!!!!!!

Its something i got so used to with Xbox and i NEED it on PS3. Sick of playing GT5 to their rubbish tunes, same with Motorstorm...You give me an Ipod in MGS4 and then i can only listen to orchestral game themes?? ***** is the point of that? I wanna hear some TOOL cranking whilst i waste PMC's, or fly around some tracks bumping some Wu Tang.... Not listening to The Klaxxons 'golden sands' on repeat for 10 minutes.

Anyway rant over - sort out the Custom tunes whilst gaming and your console would definately be the best of teh current gen.

0 Kudos

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ThinTag by TripleTags.com
WWW.JOYPADDERS.COM - If you want in to the most liberal & amusing Multi -format gaming forum on the planet, then follow the url and add me as your referrer. Pls also PM me your username so i can confirm.

MY FORZA CAR COLLECTION
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/1283622.aspx
/16

GuiPoM

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GuiPoM
Accepted Solution

One (new) need for BD playback on some TV sets not compatible with 1080/24Hz. I own a Sony rear projection unit KDS55A2000, FullHD, but that does not support 1080p24. But it can display 1080p48 and 1080p72, so 48Hz and 72Hz.

In order to display a BD movie at 48Hz, it is quite simple, during the same duration of 1 picture each 1/24s, display two times the same picture each 1/48s. Same thing with 3 pictures for 72Hz. This process is called respectively 2:2 pulldown and 3:3 pulldown.

What is implemented on PS3 is 3:2 pulldown. 3 times the same image, then 2, etc ... This produces some  artefacts during movies, because generates a 60Hz frame rate.

What would be great is to modify the BD playback properties, not only to force 24Hz, what is now possible for a long time (2.41 firware, if I remember well), but also to add in this list force 48Hz and force 72Hz.

I think it will be needful for the one (like me !) that owns a Sony product, or any other brand, that does not support 24Hz.

Thank you to take into account my request.

0 Kudos

Re : Re: Unofficial 'I want ...' thread

/16

ttammisa

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ttammisa
Accepted Solution

Option to reduce DVD subtitle size.

With larger HDTV viewing upscaled DVDs is nice. However, subtitle text size is usually quite large 

on most DVDs and fonts are also pretty blocky. End result is not nice and an option to render 

subtitles with reduced size would be wellcome. Naturally some cases where subtitle mechanism

is used to render text and graphics in specific locations on screen would not work well but for

most subtitles this would not be a problem.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel