02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Unofficial 'I want ...' thread

[ Edited ]
2,949 Replies 29,631 Views edited 09-04-2008
In my opinion there are quite a few things sony need to add to ps3 firmware, I'll list the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

The ability to make "phone calls" to buddies no matter what they are doing at the time, if they are in game make it so a notification shows on screen and a tap of the ps button answers the call so as not to interrupt gameplay.

A news icon in the network part of the xmb so that issues like the one I'm currently having with rub a dub (bought the full game and installed but am only getting the demo :S ) can be pointed out so that we know sony is doing something about it.

Here's a biggie - an option to reassign control pad buttons to a MOUSE and KEYBOARD to play games with (1st person games that is) yeah it's not important to most of us but I have at least 6 friends who would buy a ps3 tomorrow if they could play resistance with a mouse and keyboard but because they can't they are not going to bother until the price drops to around half what it is.
Message Edited by Lestrade on 09-04-2008 02:29 PM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

tappo87

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tappo87
Accepted Solution
I want..... A perspex case for the ps3 and blue neons inside the case WOW!
0 Kudos

Re: Unofficial 'I want ...' thread

Photobucket

Thanks for the sig Balin :)
/16

alexbull_uk

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
alexbull_uk
Accepted Solution

Music while in game! 

0 Kudos

PSN ID: alexbull_uk

Add me on PS3/Vita: alexbull_uk
Award Winner
/16

James91

• Award Winner
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution

alexbull_uk wrote:

Music while in game! 

We already have that in some games, it's upto the developers to allow it to happen in others.

0 Kudos

/16

Zeneeba

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zeneeba
Accepted Solution

i'd like some new animated background themes, like the coloured wave that is standard on the xmb menu, just something simple,shapes or a fake fire/fishtank, just for a bit of variety.and when you leave the xmb idle,it fades out leaving only the animation, like in gt5p when you leave the menu on.

xmb controll, and a maintained connection to the network while watching blu-rays,dvds,so i can stick a film in while i'm downloading to kill the time, but keep an eye on the progress.

more selection over sounds, i dislike the beep when scrolling the xmb, but like the little intro when you enter the store, also tones for notifications.

skype on ps3.

i dont think you can do this, but an appear offline option, so i can secretly log in,but not have to block contacts. sometimes i dont want to play or talk:)

0 Kudos

/16

uk_clipPer

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
uk_clipPer
Accepted Solution

Zeneeba wrote:

i'd like some new animated background themes, like the coloured wave that is standard on the xmb menu, just something simple,shapes or a fake fire/fishtank, just for a bit of variety.and when you leave the xmb idle,it fades out leaving only the animation, like in gt5p when you leave the menu on.

xmb controll, and a maintained connection to the network while watching blu-rays,dvds,so i can stick a film in while i'm downloading to kill the time, but keep an eye on the progress.

more selection over sounds, i dislike the beep when scrolling the xmb, but like the little intro when you enter the store, also tones for notifications.

skype on ps3.

i dont think you can do this, but an appear offline option, so i can secretly log in,but not have to block contacts. sometimes i dont want to play or talk:)

in other words you want to log in to w@nk without your mates interupting you?
0 Kudos

/16

peacock_chef

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
peacock_chef
Accepted Solution
Afrika with ability to run over animals in the car
0 Kudos

/16

AJFO7861

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AJFO7861
Accepted Solution
to be able to play music in the background while playing a game and for the browser to improve a huge amount and be line any normal browser and let us be able to download stuff like msn messenger and be able to talk to mates.....is their a chance msn messenger could be avaiable in the future updates also what about gameplay background music
0 Kudos

/16

Jellyballz1989

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jellyballz1989
Accepted Solution

okami 2 probably not gonna happen since it didnt set the world alight with sales but it was an awesome game

that and game get there act together and bring back the 10 day return policy they had! that would be sweet 

0 Kudos

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSN ID : MrDazreth

One Love, Stretford End, MUFC
United Top Of The League. United United Top Of The League!!
Award Winner
/16

James91

• Award Winner
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution

AJFO7861 wrote:
to be able to play music in the background while playing a game and for the browser to improve a huge amount and be line any normal browser and let us be able to download stuff like msn messenger and be able to talk to mates.....is their a chance msn messenger could be avaiable in the future updates also what about gameplay background music

MSN messenger will never happen, due to the small thing of Microsoft owning it.

Background music is available, it's up to the developers of games to implement it.

0 Kudos

/16

QoQuaq

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QoQuaq
Accepted Solution

Lyrics support for music would be good.

Ogg Vorbis support

More info under your username to include game, movie or music info

Stop signing out when watching DVDs

Have notification preferences which allow you to choose to be notified in-game, in-movie or while using PlayTV

Flash 10

Points for trophies which can be spent at the Store.

0 Kudos

/16

CrossFire_JaY

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrossFire_JaY
Accepted Solution
In game music damnit! I want to kill call of duty 5 zombies to the song of Queen - Dont stop me now!!!!!
0 Kudos

ON MY 8TH PS3. ASK ME FOR ANY INFO ON BROKEN UNITS. IM PRACTICALLY A FCKING PRO.

/16

Thunderstorm025

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Thunderstorm025
Accepted Solution

I was lucky to get a PS3 early in it's release since all the others have degraded

My PS3 supports SACD, PS2 games, has more usb ports etc.

WHY DONT THEY PUT THEM BACK SO THAT EVERYONE CAN USE THESE FEATURES!!!!

Im not sure if this has happened in America but over here in England they have made it bad + they are trying to buy us off with a 160GB version that is practically worthless since it has the same spec as a 40GB version anyway!:Argh:

And another problem is that its the PS3 seems to have become completely centered on Adults

I will probably NEVER say that xbox is better but since it is more for EVERONE its starting to seem like it:Shame:

Oh and why havent they thought of INCRESING THE DOWNLOAD SPEEDS i have to wait around six hours for a stupid update to download which on the xbox only takes a few minuites!?!?!?:Argh:

Oh and by the way is Home available for people of ALL ages?:Confused:

0 Kudos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[url=http://www.playfire.com/a/create_widget][img]http://media.playfire.com/site/trophy_widget/psn/Thunderstorm025.png[/img][/url]PSN:Thunderstorm025
Beta Tester
/16

revolver20

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
revolver20
Accepted Solution

Thunderstorm025 wrote:

I was lucky to get a PS3 early in it's release since all the others have degraded

My PS3 supports SACD, PS2 games, has more usb ports etc.

WHY DONT THEY PUT THEM BACK SO THAT EVERYONE CAN USE THESE FEATURES!!!!

Im not sure if this has happened in America but over here in England they have made it bad + they are trying to buy us off with a 160GB version that is practically worthless since it has the same spec as a 40GB version anyway!:Argh:

And another problem is that its the PS3 seems to have become completely centered on Adults

I will probably NEVER say that xbox is better but since it is more for EVERONE its starting to seem like it:Shame:

Oh and why havent they thought of INCRESING THE DOWNLOAD SPEEDS i have to wait around six hours for a stupid update to download which on the xbox only takes a few minuites!?!?!?:Argh:

Oh and by the way is Home available for people of ALL ages?:Confused:

The reality is any console retailing currently at £300 is gonna be geared more towards adults just due to the price.

Oh and on topic as ive said countless times cross private game chat its the one feature that makes me buy games on the 360 over ps3.

Message Edited by revolver20 on 02-12-2008 11:17 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Thunderstorm025

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Thunderstorm025
Accepted Solution

Why don't they use something like what Dell does

They could get already made versions at shops but when they order online or by phone you get to select the features that you want!

That should solve the problem of price!

And as for general ideas.......

1) more music screens

2) for the parents to be able to control if their kids can play online in certain games (so far they can only choose whether to let them play offline or not) because the xbox can do that

3) STOP MAKING US USE THE TEXT MESSAGE STYLE TYPING SYSTEM INGAME!!!!!

4) Allow trasfer of PC files to the PS3

5) support mod tools for certain games (this could work in conjunction with the PC file transfer)

Ill add some more once i think of them!

0 Kudos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[url=http://www.playfire.com/a/create_widget][img]http://media.playfire.com/site/trophy_widget/psn/Thunderstorm025.png[/img][/url]PSN:Thunderstorm025
/16

Lordep

78%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lordep
Accepted Solution

I want:

A Wite PlaySation3 xD

Music In-Game and Take Photos =( 

0 Kudos

lordep
/16

hyndy00

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hyndy00
Accepted Solution

This thread is pointless. It's not like Sony is going to listen to these requests. How long have people been requesting in-game private chat and cross-game invites? If Sony is actually working on these features, why can't they tell us? I'm really frustrated with Sony. MESSAGE TO SONY: If you are working on in-game private chat and cross-game invites, please TELL US!!!

0 Kudos

--
PS3 80GB -- Xbox 360 ELITE -- Wii -- DS -- PSP -- PS2 -- Xbox -- PSOne -- N64 -- GBA
/16

danleeuk

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
danleeuk
Accepted Solution
Id love to see Skype on the XMB like it is on the PSP. AIM would would a nice addition for those who have AOL and got a PS3 free, very handy that.
A network meter widget next to the time and date would be awesome too, of course this could be turned on and off as you please.
XMB background music would be nice too, and a game finder off the XMB, where you insert your disk and you can search for online games while the game lobby system is loaded into memory. This allows for faster game loading straight into the action. Yummy.
SOME REMOTE PLAY TITLES would be nice too, where the hell are they ?!
0 Kudos

PSN - Mavr1ck_uk x-THESTIG-x
/16

xG-ei8ht

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xG-ei8ht
Accepted Solution

SONY

You need to add Bluetooth as a full audio output.

Some people want to listen to their music or films through a bluetooth headset.

I have the SONY DR BT22 headset. I supports stereo sound and a mic.

Please put an option next to hdmi,optical etc, But for bluetooth.

0 Kudos

/16

xG-ei8ht

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xG-ei8ht
Accepted Solution
PLEASE CAN YOU ADD BLUETOOTH AS A FULL AUDIO OUTPUT. Like HDMI,OPTICAL ETC. I HAVE A SONY DR BT22 HEADSET, Which has full stereo sound and a mic.,
0 Kudos

/16

NitroSlash89

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NitroSlash89
Accepted Solution

Playstation needs OGG support, all my music is encoded in OGG because of its HQ and compatibility with my MP3 player, and because its an open source encoder, Sony should have no problem in enabling this codec to work on the Playstation.

I'd also like to see the feature where your can play your music from your hard drive whilst you are playing a game, the Xbox 360 has this and I love it, and I don't understand why Sony have not yet enabled this feature.

Backwards compatibilty isn't really a big issue to me, but still a nice feature to have, Sony should learn from the past, the Atari went out of business after releasing a new console with no backward compatibility, it screwed the whole company up.

You should also be able to link your PS3 to your PC, playing all your media from your PC to your PS3.

0 Kudos

/16

KiteGr

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KiteGr
Accepted Solution

1. Sony should sing an agreement with Amazon. Many peope don't wan't to buy something they cannot tuch, such as a downloadable game. Also in many areas/countrys like Greece, finding some games can be exrimly hard since no one has publish them there. You should be able to order a game in a disk and on it's box, and have it delivered to your house, instead of simply downloading it on your HDD. So along with the option to download the game, there should be an option of ordering the game, using the information on your PSN account, pay with money you have on it plus some extra (for having the solid gamebox and delivery), and Amazons (or any other buy site) trustworthy transportation.

That way you will feel more secure by actualy see and tuch the product you have bought.

+plus you will be able to share the game with your friends without actualy giving him your account information.

+plus Sony will boost their sails since the player will have more ways to get their games.

+plus Amazon will boost their sails since people will be able to buy Sony product with PSN money from PSstore without using paypal and stuf wile the same time it will be more secure.

2. Sony should turn their PS2 games into images, add a copylock, make them playable on PS3, and release them on PSstore, starting with a masive release of all old school retro colection games like "SNK classicks colection","Street fighters Alpha anthology","Namko museum","Metal Slug Anthology","King of Fighters:orochi saga" and stuff.

This way PS3 will compite with one of XBOX360 best futures "XBOXlive Arcade"

+plus it will give a strong blow on microsoft by showing/reminding that Sony had the ability to play retro game ages before microsoft.

+plus it will make Retro gamers Happy.

+plus all of these retro collection bungles can run smoothly on PS3s crappy ps2 emulator.

+plus this future can evolve into selling other PS2 games, especialy those that didn't make it to some continents (e.x. Xenosaga)

+plus Sony will boost their sales in both hardware and software.

3. Sony should putt an arcade store on Home, were people can play two player classic arcades that don't need much firepower, like street fighter, or golden axe. However for a Home character to play a game in the arcade shop he must first: own that or a certain game on his HDD from the PSstore, or pay a fee to be able to play games in the arcade room for a month.

That way Home will be much more interesting and entertaining, creating friendships.

+plus It will encurage people to spend money on Home.

+plus it will encurage people to spend money on PSstore.

Every mother thinks of her child to be the best in the world, and I like these ideas a lot! I gona put them on a sepperate topic to hear you negative criticism.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel