84%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Update For The PS3's Internet Browser

21 Replies 7,957 Views Created 14-03-2010
@Sony If you're not going to update it then just remove it, most websites don't work and the ones that do work don't display properly and have features missing, so make FW3.20 a massive browser update, and add-ons on the PlayStation Store. P.S It took me ages to write this post as my laptop is dead, and the PS3's browser's on-screen keyboard kept on disappearing.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Rhysyboi

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rhysyboi
Accepted Solution

They will update it in a future Firmware update don't see why not, hopefully soon.

0 Kudos

Re: Update For The PS3's Internet Browser

[ Edited ]
/16

rider1

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rider1
Accepted Solution

I also find the PS3 web browser is rubbish. I just use a computer as it's the best way of accessing the web. So just use another computer or laptop if you can.

0 Kudos

/16

Icarus21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Icarus21
Accepted Solution

I agree, I think the ps3 broswer is a great addition to its fuctionality but it does need updating. Apart from cross game voice chat, a broswer update is at the top of my list.

0 Kudos

/16

DirkPitt39

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DirkPitt39
Accepted Solution

JediKnight246 wrote:
  @Sony If you're not going to update it then just remove it, most websites don't work and the ones that do work don't display properly and have features missing, 

BS.  I have a few sites that don't work, but 95% DO work...  Saying most sites don't work is totally bogus, and cheapens your point about a browser update.

I have told you a million times not to exaggerate, as it makes your argument look pathetic...

0 Kudos

/16

metallicorphan

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
metallicorphan
Accepted Solution

yeah all the sites i go on work,even the 'naughty ones' and the 'not yet illegal but will be soon'  ones

0 Kudos

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

/16

markngaz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
markngaz
Accepted Solution

yep this should be a must,  the ps3 web browser is dated and with time only going to get worse,  i dont understand why sony have not made inprovments to the browser, its just not working for me very slow,

yet we are all crying out for a better surfing experince with the ps3,  maybe its just a matter of time and sony with put this is a update,  if we all keep asking

0 Kudos

/16

AidyD

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AidyD
Accepted Solution

metallicorphan wrote:

yeah all the sites i go on work,even the 'naughty ones' and the 'not yet illegal but will be soon'  ones

I hope you mean Torrent sites and not CP lol

0 Kudos

/16

NekedFaerie

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NekedFaerie
Accepted Solution
$ony needs to update all its browsers. The PS3 is just crap and the PSP is lucky if you find 1 site that is good on it. Most sites I browse refuse to load on the PSP GO and on the PS3, why bother, I use Opera on the PC and that is the best I've used. I'm not saying its the best browser, its just the best I've used. There's a thought for you $ony, Upgrade the PSP and PS3 browsers to Opera. There are mobile versions and they can all sync so all your bookmarks from the PC can be easily transferred to the other versions. I think the browser update is the first thing $ony needs to include in the next updates to both units. People are comparing the PSP GO to the iPhone. The browser in the GO badly needs an update to come close to the iphones browser and that is crap. There is also talk of an internet browser coming for the Xbox360 so the PS3 one better be updated before that ever sees the light of day.
0 Kudos

PS3 - It only DID everything, now it does A LOT LESS THAT IT DID.

Gamer, real life is just a hobby
/16

Pyro-Werewolf

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pyro-Werewolf
Accepted Solution

i realy wish it would get an update.. cause i mean its no impossible to di its just that they wont do it.. and i realy dont see why

0 Kudos

Support My Bro's Shop and wear an awesome shirt -
http://gra4ick.spreadshirt.co.uk/
/16

PROGRASTINATION

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PROGRASTINATION
Accepted Solution

If i was working at sony id add a flash blocker like firefox has,it replaces all the flash & java apps on the page & replaces it with a button so the pages will load better & you can select what you want to watch EASY TO DO

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

EUREKAxSEVEN

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EUREKAxSEVEN
Accepted Solution
i agree, i normaly like to streem alot of videos but it says that the aplication isnt supported and says that i need to update my web browser. also i would realy like it if you could make it so there could be voice chat between multiple people who are all playing different games. if youguys could update all this then i think it would greatly improve the council.
0 Kudos

/16

Strangesam

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strangesam
Accepted Solution

I agree with all the comments in this thread, I use the browser quite a lot on my ps3 and get a lot of slowness and bugs when browsing. I just hope Sony updates the browser to HTML5 and updates Flash aswell.

0 Kudos

/16

JediKnight246

84%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JediKnight246
Accepted Solution

DirkPitt39 wrote:

JediKnight246 wrote:
  @Sony If you're not going to update it then just remove it, most websites don't work and the ones that do work don't display properly and have features missing, 

BS.  I have a few sites that don't work, but 95% DO work...  Saying most sites don't work is totally bogus, and cheapens your point about a browser update.

I have told you a million times not to exaggerate, as it makes your argument look pathetic...

:Stupid:Wiki communities for everyone! -- Wikia.com.png

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

stephenc87

• Beta Tester
98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stephenc87
Accepted Solution

DirkPitt39 wrote:

Is this a joke?

0 Kudos

/16

JediKnight246

84%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JediKnight246
Accepted Solution

stephenc87 wrote:

DirkPitt39 wrote:

Is this a joke?

Yup.

Channel 4 - 4oD.png

0 Kudos

/16

markngaz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
markngaz
Accepted Solution

the ps3 flashplayer is soooooooooooo  old like me gran

0 Kudos

/16

WhitePointStar

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhitePointStar
Accepted Solution
@ JediKnight246 This an old thread rumour has it an update will happen on or around the Vita launch fingers crossed.
0 Kudos

/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution
yeah it needs a new one for sure.
0 Kudos

/16
64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Imagined-Reality
Accepted Solution

Looks like new features on the PS3 are a thing of the past, you will proberbly have to wait for the PS4 when it comes or a use a small PC and hook it up to your TV since the OtherOS is no more which would solve these endless browser threads. This kind of thing is a good alternative http://www.linutop.com/

0 Kudos

現在、サーバーのメンテナンス中です。 

ORG has become the UK’s leading voice defending freedom of expression, privacy, innovation, consumer rights and creativity on the net.
/16

gothicsyn

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gothicsyn
Accepted Solution
Ok so most of the EU community is in agreement that the browser needs SERIOUS work? Well at least a flash update, I'm having to rely on my PS3 browser at as my PC has taken a temporary dive, in that try to catch up on 5 years of technoloigy upgrades I keep breaking my PC lol, I'm not an amatuer just, outdated a lil like this broswer LMAO. Anywasy point is in not having my PC and my laptop hitting about 90 degrees in 60 seconds or less and shutting down I reduced to my PS3 browser once more. Which isn't a problem for the most part I can access my hotmail account via the mobile version, I could access facebook via the mobile version too, until family problems forced me to actually get a life and come off the damn thing. The simple fact is Sony have to catch up as even the WII browser is more reliable than the PS3's so I'm told at least. Java and Flash are both running outdated versions and that's if they bother to load at all 70% of sites I use are reliant on newer versions of flash now :-(
0 Kudos

Nothing worse than climbing the ladder of success only to realise its against the wrong wall.
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel