02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Which slim is better 120gb or 250gb

[ Edited ]
15 Replies 2,999 Views edited 31-10-2009

I know both are the same in terms of features apart from the hard drive size of course. Apart from that, is there any other major difference i.e. performace, noise, etc.

Please reply as I looking to get a slim this weekend.

Message Edited by tanbir1725 on 31-10-2009 12:11 AM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

DanlordUK

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DanlordUK
Accepted Solution
No difference other than HDD capacity
0 Kudos

Re: Which slim is better 120gb or 250gb

/16

zainex78

75%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zainex78
Accepted Solution

There's that chap T-e-X trolling around that the 250GB are superior... :/

idk if that's true or not but any slims are more reliable than a 60GB fatty right?

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

T-e-X

• Award Winner
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
T-e-X
Accepted Solution
http://izismile.com/img/img2/20090212/gifko_02.gif
0 Kudos

/16
90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
candystripesdcfc
Accepted Solution
Where do you get those from T-e-X do they contain subliminale messages or something.
0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
/16

GarryRfc1

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GarryRfc1
Accepted Solution

T-e-X wrote:
http://izismile.com/img/img2/20090212/gifko_02.gif

:|:|

0 Kudos

Raptr Forum Signature
/16

Chas19

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chas19
Accepted Solution

zainex78 wrote:

idk if that's true or not but any slims are more reliable than a 60GB fatty right?

You mean, some guy from a website saying they are superior, and then Tex copied and pasted it ??? :D

***Only Joking TEX***

There is no difference between the 120gb and 250 gb slim. However  there is a big difference between the 60gb and the slim, which you can google yourself, and yes the slims are more reliable.

0 Kudos

PSN / Steam - Chas19, My Flickr
/16

foobar_666uk

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
foobar_666uk
Accepted Solution
The 120Gb is better obviously, it has the lower number !
0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution

issues aside of if the 250 gets the quieter fan, a HDD which is twice the size for an extra £30 is a bit of an easy question I think :)

may never use the extra space, but you'll be kicking yourself if you ever fill the 120Gb up?

0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Beta Tester
/16

zxspeky

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zxspeky
Accepted Solution
a few weeks ago my wife got gamestation to replace our faulty, out of warranty 60GB with a new console, they gave her a 250GB slim. There are two things that I've noticed (that are slightly annoying), 1, the disc drive makes a lot of mechanical noise when inserting/ ejecting a disc. 2, when the console is first turned on and after it's turned off it makes a cracking noise, the kind any plastic cased unit like a tv or dvd player might make when cooling down. But like I said, this happens when it's first switched on, so that's a bit worrying.
Otherwise though I'm pleased with it. Also the slim works with the anynet feature on my tv, which the 60GB didn't, but I'm not sure if that's something to do with the 3.0 update.
0 Kudos

/16

jbp101

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jbp101
Accepted Solution

Both are the same except HDD space.

Bundles are better with the 250GB console though.

0 Kudos

Avoiding GAME/Gamestation.
Ripoff prices, poor value on trade ins and shoddy customer service.
Latest trade in comparison, Mario Kart Wii with Wheel:
GAME offered a measely £8
HMV offered a huge £25.
/16

curtis_mufc

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
curtis_mufc
Accepted Solution

zxspeky wrote:
a few weeks ago my wife got gamestation to replace our faulty, out of warranty 60GB with a new console, they gave her a 250GB slim. There are two things that I've noticed (that are slightly annoying), 1, the disc drive makes a lot of mechanical noise when inserting/ ejecting a disc. 2, when the console is first turned on and after it's turned off it makes a cracking noise, the kind any plastic cased unit like a tv or dvd player might make when cooling down. But like I said, this happens when it's first switched on, so that's a bit worrying.
Otherwise though I'm pleased with it. Also the slim works with the anynet feature on my tv, which the 60GB didn't, but I'm not sure if that's something to do with the 3.0 update.
What exactly is the Anynet+ feature for? I've got it on my tv too, but it doesn't work.
Probably is something with the new PS3 (not slim) as I have a 60GB. 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

zxspeky

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zxspeky
Accepted Solution

curtis_mufc wrote:

zxspeky wrote:
What exactly is the Anynet+ feature for? I've got it on my tv too, but it doesn't work.

anynet+ just links your tv to other systems that use anynet+ and controls things like (in the case of the ps3) auto channel select (changes to the hdmi channel your ps3 is on, when you turn the console on) and if your ps3 is idle and you turn your tv off, or set the timer on your tv to go off at a specific time, it will switch your ps3 off too. I haven't found that it does anything else that I can remember.
0 Kudos

/16

jbp101

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jbp101
Accepted Solution

zxspeky wrote:

curtis_mufc wrote:

zxspeky wrote:

anynet+ just links your tv to other systems that use anynet+ and controls things like (in the case of the ps3) auto channel select (changes to the hdmi channel your ps3 is on, when you turn the console on) and if your ps3 is idle and you turn your tv off, or set the timer on your tv to go off at a specific time, it will switch your ps3 off too. I haven't found that it does anything else that I can remember.

that's  just HDMI-CEC. Bravia Sync in Sony. SimpleLink in LG....

http://www.pcworld.com/article/143777/the_secret_feature_on_your_hdtv_hdmi_cec.html

0 Kudos

Avoiding GAME/Gamestation.
Ripoff prices, poor value on trade ins and shoddy customer service.
Latest trade in comparison, Mario Kart Wii with Wheel:
GAME offered a measely £8
HMV offered a huge £25.
/16

Sherif_129

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sherif_129
Accepted Solution

Chas19 wrote:

zainex78 wrote:

You mean, some guy from a website saying they are superior, and then Tex copied and pasted it ??? :D

***Only Joking TEX***

There is no difference between the 120gb and 250 gb slim. However  there is a big difference between the 60gb and the slim, which you can google yourself, and yes the slims are more reliable.

Not proven. The console only launched a month ago, to see whether its reliable or not, we have to wait a year or so.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
Award Winner
/16

T-e-X

• Award Winner
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved