By FelipeFaria

FelipeFaria

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?

14 Replies 730 Views Created 10-05-2009

Hello every one. My pen drive is not working in my ps3 for some reason. I have try the FAT32 thing and it does not work! It is not USB Port problem. So I have no idea why it is happening! It worked all ready one time, but that was it. After so, I have had some bad luck. :D - Pleas help me. 

(Again, it is not showing up in the ps3 - Photo, Video, Music "division' of the ps3. PLEAS HELP) 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

lewboiii

80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lewboiii
Accepted Solution
ooo i dunno, maybe a format will sort it, if the content doesnt show press triangle on it and display all.
0 Kudos

Re: Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?

/16

mattyg89

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mattyg89
Accepted Solution

Put your USB into your PC and do a full format using this http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197

If that doesnt work then your USB stick might not be supported by the PS3, what make/model is it?

0 Kudos

/16

FelipeFaria

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FelipeFaria
Accepted Solution
I am going to try this rigth now. Thanks...
0 Kudos

/16

FelipeFaria

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FelipeFaria
Accepted Solution
No.. It din't work... (I have Windows Vista)
0 Kudos

/16

mattyg89

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mattyg89
Accepted Solution
erm what happened, did you do a full format or a quick format
0 Kudos

/16

lewboiii

80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lewboiii
Accepted Solution
smash it up or take it back, and get a new one, they are dirt cheap nowdays anyway
0 Kudos

/16

FelipeFaria

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FelipeFaria
Accepted Solution
Ok.. Let me just write again... I was in a hurry when I wrote that.. What is happening is that my Pen Drive in not showing up in the PS3 Video, Music or Pictures folder... What I mean is that it is no like poping up the picture or any thing like that.. I mean its not poping up the PEN DRIVE icon! - I have Formated Quick and normal but still dosen't work. I have checked USB Port Falier, but it is not, because my Camera work just fine... So, well thats it.. PLEAS HELP!
Message Edited by FelipeFaria on 11-05-2009 09:38 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

merethyn

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
merethyn
Accepted Solution
if its an old flash drive it may not work as they are not compatible,try another if you can borrow one, preferabley from another ps3 user, if that don't work i dont know sorry.
0 Kudos

/16

zelamy

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zelamy
Accepted Solution

FelipeFaria wrote:
Ok.. Let me just write again... I was in a hurry when I wrote that.. What is happening is that my Pen Drive in not showing up in the PS3 Video, Music or Pictures folder... What I mean is that it is no like poping up the picture or any thing like that.. I mean its not poping up the PEN DRIVE icon! - I have Formated Quick and normal but still dosen't work. I have checked USB Port Falier, but it is not, because my Camera work just fine... So, well thats it.. PLEAS HELP!
Message Edited by FelipeFaria on 11-05-2009 09:38 PM

sounds to me like that particular drive you're trying to use is not supported by the ps3 and so it just doesn't recognise it. 
if it's supported it should at leeast show an icon.
you have two options, get a newer drive, i have a sandisc 4gig usb stick drive that works perfectly, or wait and hope sony add in support when they update the firmware. 

0 Kudos

/16

joeg81

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
joeg81
Accepted Solution

FelipeFaria wrote:

Hello every one. My pen drive is not working in my ps3 for some reason. I have try the FAT32 thing and it does not work! It is not USB Port problem. So I have no idea why it is happening! It worked all ready one time, but that was it. After so, I have had some bad luck. :D - Pleas help me. 

(Again, it is not showing up in the ps3 - Photo, Video, Music "division' of the ps3. PLEAS HELP) 

On your pen drive, you have to name your folders, for your ps3 to be able to read your pen drive

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

DrTrouserPlank

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DrTrouserPlank
Accepted Solution

joeg81 wrote:

FelipeFaria wrote:

On your pen drive, you have to name your folders, for your ps3 to be able to read your pen drive

I suspect this is the cause. Either that or press triangle in the relevant "division" and select "show all" to see everything on the device.
0 Kudos

PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
/16

ZOMB13-R4NG3R

80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZOMB13-R4NG3R
Accepted Solution

DrTrouserPlank wrote:

joeg81 wrote:

FelipeFaria wrote:

I suspect this is the cause. Either that or press triangle in the relevant "division" and select "show all" to see everything on the device.

I think what the OP is saying the device isnt even mounting... as they say its not showing within the XMB... (in not so many words)...

but yes the PS3 is really stupid in that folders and content etc have to be there before it will bother to look for the content... maybe the next firmware update could consider looking for content anywhere... including on a CD/DVD...

0 Kudos

All this will be lost in time... like tears in rain...Photobucket
/16

Lt_Fed_Brusque

97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lt_Fed_Brusque
Accepted Solution

I share this problem with the OP. I have tried 3 different USB sticks before and after formatting them. But I can never use them with my PS3.

The device itself is recognised by the PS3, but the PS3 always assumes the stick is empty (either with or without directory folders).

A long time ago I simply stopped trying, and now I use data discs to transfer information between my PC and PS3. Its not as convenient as a USB stick, and it does waste an entire CD/DVD. But at least it works.

0 Kudos

/16

lozzap

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lozzap
Accepted Solution
I have got a couple of cheap pen drive's that will not work with my ps3, yet my data traveler pen drive works just fine.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel