Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 12

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

16 Oct 2008
By aLp27

aLp27

  • Offline
84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

12 Replies 8,729 Views Created 16-10-2008

Hi Guys,

 

I have downloaded the firmware 2.50 and luckly no problems with that. However it said in the blurb that you can set the ps3 to turn itself off after a download is complete. I cannot find this option anywhere.

 

I have been to power save settings and it isnt there, only the option to turn the ps3 off after a period of inactivity. I have tried turning the PS3 off whilst an item is downloading but this just turns it off straight away.

 

What am I doing wrong?? help!!

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
alp27
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
04
/16

TomBeta

  • Offline
84%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TomBeta
Accepted Solution
I think you have to try and turn it off whilst it's downloading using the power icon under the users section.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

Beta Tester
03
/16

revolver20

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
revolver20
Accepted Solution

TomBeta wrote:
I think you have to try and turn it off whilst it's downloading using the power icon under the users section.

When you start a download isnt there a box to tick to turn the playstation off after the download has finished the same as with firmware downloads i havent checked, but i though it would be like that.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

03
/16

aLp27

  • Offline
84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
aLp27
Accepted Solution

revolver20 wrote:

TomBeta wrote:
I think you have to try and turn it off whilst it's downloading using the power icon under the users section.

When you start a download isnt there a box to tick to turn the playstation off after the download has finished the same as with firmware downloads i havent checked, but i though it would be like that.


 

I would have thought that too but when I start a download it just has "download in background" as always... nothing about switch off.... I will check the user icon tonight as per what tom said...
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

alp27
04
/16

G1885Y3

  • Offline
78%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
G1885Y3
Accepted Solution
It didn't allow me to download in the background but i got what revolver said and did that
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

CALL ME GIBBSY!!!!!
03
/16

aLp27

  • Offline
84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
aLp27
Accepted Solution

G1885Y3 wrote:
It didn't allow me to download in the background but i got what revolver said and did that

 

did it work??
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

alp27
04
/16

G1885Y3

  • Offline
78%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
G1885Y3
Accepted Solution
Yeah it did, when i turned it back on it was ready there to install. Then when it finished it reset
Message Edited by G1885Y3 on 16-10-2008 11:43 AM
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

[ Edited ]
CALL ME GIBBSY!!!!!
Beta Tester
02
/16

Stuart1976

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stuart1976
Accepted Solution

aLp27 wrote:

revolver20 wrote:

TomBeta wrote:
I think you have to try and turn it off whilst it's downloading using the power icon under the users section.

When you start a download isnt there a box to tick to turn the playstation off after the download has finished the same as with firmware downloads i havent checked, but i though it would be like that.


 

I would have thought that too but when I start a download it just has "download in background" as always... nothing about switch off.... I will check the user icon tonight as per what tom said...

After starting the download, go back to the XMB, select the Power Off option and select the option to turn off after the download has completed.

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

03
/16

aLp27

  • Offline
84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
aLp27
Accepted Solution

Stuart1976 wrote:

aLp27 wrote:

revolver20 wrote:

TomBeta wrote:
I think you have to try and turn it off whilst it's downloading using the power icon under the users section.

When you start a download isnt there a box to tick to turn the playstation off after the download has finished the same as with firmware downloads i havent checked, but i though it would be like that.


 

I would have thought that too but when I start a download it just has "download in background" as always... nothing about switch off.... I will check the user icon tonight as per what tom said...

After starting the download, go back to the XMB, select the Power Off option and select the option to turn off after the download has completed.

 

 


 

Is that the same as the new power save options that include turning the pads off?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

alp27
Beta Tester
02
/16

Stuart1976

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stuart1976
Accepted Solution

aLp27 wrote:

Stuart1976 wrote:

aLp27 wrote:

revolver20 wrote:

TomBeta wrote:
I think you have to try and turn it off whilst it's downloading using the power icon under the users section.

When you start a download isnt there a box to tick to turn the playstation off after the download has finished the same as with firmware downloads i havent checked, but i though it would be like that.


 

I would have thought that too but when I start a download it just has "download in background" as always... nothing about switch off.... I will check the user icon tonight as per what tom said...

After starting the download, go back to the XMB, select the Power Off option and select the option to turn off after the download has completed.

 

 


 

Is that the same as the new power save options that include turning the pads off?

No.  It's the Power Off option at the top of the User List.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

03
/16

aLp27

  • Offline
84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
aLp27
Accepted Solution

thats great guys. I will sort it out when I get home for lunch.

 

Many thanks for the help and the quick responses. Nice 1

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

alp27
02
/16

tiptron-

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tiptron-
Accepted Solution

choose download in background and then on the right choose option which you want

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

Beta Tester
06
/16

BiosNova

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BiosNova
Accepted Solution

:smileyindifferent:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

[ Edited ]
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel