By fusion_goober141
50%
02 Rank
Progress

gioteck EX-05 Wireless headset

20 Replies 4,181 Views Created 11-12-2011
11 Dec 2011
By fusion_goober141

Ok my first post, unfortunately in question form... Now I could well be missing some thing, but how do you charge them? I think I have every thing that should be in the box, but I can't work out how to charge them? Nothing mentioned in the instructions other than they NEED charging for 3 hours before use?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Alex

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

This will be interesting as No ones admitted to buying these yet on this forum.

People are buying the Wired version only.

Ive seen one review on Youtube and he completely skips over charging. if i remember correctly  

Edit = Dam can find the review any more...

0 Kudos

Re: gioteck EX-05 Wireless headset

[ Edited ]
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
50%
02 Rank
Progress
fusion_goober141
Accepted Solution
Haha typical, trust me to have possibly bought some thing useless. Thank you for the reply
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Er I do find it hard to believe Gioteck left out the recharging instructions but I seam to be unable to find them on there site 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
50%
02 Rank
Progress
fusion_goober141
Accepted Solution

Not sure if the link will work, but here are the instructions for the set up etc and I did say I may have missed some thing, but to what eludes me, it's the same as in the booklet that came with it.

http://www.gioteck.com/wordpress/?page_id=2094

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Yep thats what I was reading. 

They have completely missed out the Wireless headset and only done the base station.

so you have a left over charger but no socket to plug it in to on headset.  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
50%
02 Rank
Progress
fusion_goober141
Accepted Solution
The only bit that's spare is the headset to Xbox360 controller link cable, every thing else is connected, there just doesn't seem to be anything left for charging? I've sent gioteck and the ebay shop a message asking about it, but I though I'd raise the question here as well...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

fusion_goober141 wrote:

Ok my first post, unfortunately in question form... Now I could well be missing some thing, but how do you charge them? I think I have every thing that should be in the box, but I can't work out how to charge them? Nothing mentioned in the instructions other than they NEED charging for 3 hours before use?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Alex

You should be able to charge it up with the same cable you use for your ps3 pad.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
50%
02 Rank
Progress
fusion_goober141
Accepted Solution

I feel such a complete and utter idiot so please flame away :xCry:!!! I've found the charging cable, it was in my PS3 box from when I was getting the AV multi out cable... Good start to the forum (or not) I do apologise for wasting your time  :Stupid: 

On the plus side, atleast I'm a member who now owns a pair (of headphones) so may do a little review, when they're charged lol!

Sincere apologies,

Alex

ps Told you I may have missed some thing

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
50%
02 Rank
Progress
fusion_goober141
Accepted Solution

Just had a reply from gioteck customer services after I told them I had found the cable needed and I told them to have a laugh at my expence.

"Hello
Thanks for getting back to us to let us know all is OK. We are pleased to have been of assistance and we agree that the manual is not helpful for this product and it is not obvious what needs to be done. So we promise you we are not laughing and you haven't wasted our time that's what we are here for."

They seem nice :xLol:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Now remember Turn down the TV as well no point having both TV and Headset audio.:Stupid:

Dont use mute unless the mute symbol on your TV turns it self off or It will get in the way of gameplay and remember to turn it back up after, dont want a "Ive got no audio from my TV post" 

USB charging can be done from ANY USB port does not need to be the PS3. Any Lap top / PC USB port will do.

Have fun 

PS when you watch films youll now hear audio,which  you will think you have never heard before but you did it was just not that loud..

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
50%
02 Rank
Progress
fusion_goober141
Accepted Solution

Good stuff, thanks for your help and putting up with me Take it easy mate.

Cheers and ATB,

Al

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
50%
02 Rank
Progress
fusion_goober141
Accepted Solution

Well that was a farce, after all that, the headset proved to be faulty, typical!!! :Argh: So sent back, still awaiting a refund, but have now ordered as set of the official PS3 wireless headsets! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
xX-_-SFC-_-LuKeY
Accepted Solution

Hey, where to start, you're not the only one.. I got this yesterday charged it but it ran out yesterday night. I can't even get the controller pad that plugs into the headphones to even turn on. So how can i charge it? Can you write a little paragraph on how to charge it please lol.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ifoundmysoul

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
ifoundmysoul
Accepted Solution

so do you need to charge these or what i have some an they are really good an there is a usb to jack bit left over is that the charger bit as the op said the instructions are pants!

0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smell_ya_l8r

98%
03 Rank
Progress
smell_ya_l8r
Accepted Solution
I got these in the boxing day sale at Gamestation for £49 down from £100.

All I can say is wow!! How did I ever play without a headset!! Playing Battlefield 3 I actually feel scared now!!

And try playing Child of Eden with them on...what an experience!!

Here's a link if anyone wants a pair although I got mine instore,

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/Gioteck-EX-05-Wireless-Headset-for-PlayStation-3-151261?cm_mmc=BigMo...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
50%
02 Rank
Progress
fusion_goober141
Accepted Solution

The instructions are garbage!! gioteck's tech support even said it was awful and needs updating/replacing!, the USB jack cable is to charge the headset which connects to the DC socket on the headphone controller, you should make sure the headphones are connected to the control box while charging and charge for three hours. There should be a red led to indicate charging which when finished should go out. I charged mine for ever and the red light never went out, also the control box wouldn't switch on after either. The headset it self was very light, which was a bonus though.

The quality of sound I cannot comment on as they didn't work due to a faulty control box, but the build quality of the control box is absolute rubbish, very cheap thin plastic, the switches feel as though they are from a cheap toy. I know they are supposed to be light weight as they clip to your clothes, but I've seen better quality plastic on packaging that gets thrown away!

I replaced mine with a 7.1 virtual surround sound Sony headset, I like them, not bothered about not been able to use the surround sound for blurays etc so they are spot on for me.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
OpenYourRebzSlag
Accepted Solution
I've just got a set if these bad boys but don't seem to be Getting any game sound or anything.. Is it an absolute must to charge Before they work? I'm such a keen bean :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
if the headset is powering up then go to accessory settings -audio device settings on the ps3 main screen and change input and output to the headset
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
OpenYourRebzSlag
Accepted Solution
Iv done all the steps in the booklet. Except it doesn't specify the red and the white tv wires for hdmi users and was wondering wether I'd left something out? Maybe its a faulty set? Coz I can hear the mute beep and my voice when I change accesory settings?! Sooo confused :s
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

reactor101

22%
02 Rank
Progress
reactor101
Accepted Solution

forgive me for replying to an old thread but what size is the charger jack i have a 2.5mm jack and it seems too big but a 2mm looks too small do giotec use a different size?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel