92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

hack & slash rpg for ps3?

47 Replies 10,698 Views Created 03-04-2011

what hack & slash rpg games are out there for the ps3?.. i am looking for gauntlet type of game that have a co-op 3-4 players. i only found "untold legends - dark kingdom" and liked it very much. but its getting pretty dated now since its from 2006.... is this the only game or have i overlooked some games?... do you know any games?

i have looked up "The Lord of the Rings: War in the North" and it could be worth checking out, but not released yet...

0 Kudos
LABELS:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

S1M0N_AZAR1

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
S1M0N_AZAR1
Accepted Solution
Just realised that all my games involve a gun of some kind :-(

I really wish there was a good hack and slash online game :-(

WHY didn't dragon age 2 have online capabilities! :-(
0 Kudos

Re: hack & slash rpg for ps3?

/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

Knights Contract, released not long ago... another hack and slash, dont think there is any rpg element in it(so no action rpg)... it got two characters ingame one you control and another ai controlled one.. here we could have easly gone two player co-op online... but nooo... and the score at ign is "awful" LOL!... another oppertunity wasted, i think the game would have been better with co-op online.....

trailer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f406zKzVynY

game review..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAx_zYU9HOc

ign:

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/074/074899.html

0 Kudos

----
----

/16

thecabbage

81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thecabbage
Accepted Solution

well dungeon hunter alliance is shamelessly derivative, with poor cutscenes/writing.  But it definitely scratches that itch, with tons of replayability and 4 player local or online co-op.  Well worth 9.99 - 

0 Kudos

Sign up for SICK KIDS SAVE POINT - 24 hour gaming marathon for Sick kids - www.sickkidssavepoint.org
/16

GravelDust

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GravelDust
Accepted Solution
Im enjoying Dungeon Hunter as well, its fun. Should keep me entertained till Daggerdale and then hopefully War in the North.

This is a good thread, theres little PS3 hack and slash chat anywhere on the net
0 Kudos

/16

thecabbage

81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thecabbage
Accepted Solution

despite Obsidian's recent record of glitchy games, I'm thinking Dungeon Siege 3 is gonna be sweet.  out in May.  Looks a lot like Baldur's Gate DA, the king of the action rpg.

0 Kudos

Sign up for SICK KIDS SAVE POINT - 24 hour gaming marathon for Sick kids - www.sickkidssavepoint.org
/16

S1M0N_AZAR1

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
S1M0N_AZAR1
Accepted Solution
It would be cool if the official playstation community made a game studio and created our own game. Our only option at the moment is lbp2 haha
0 Kudos

/16

thecabbage

81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thecabbage
Accepted Solution

Just got the email.  Dungeon Siege III delayed till june.  ah well...

0 Kudos

/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

a new one 'Dragon's Dogma'... will be released sometime in 2012 i think... its a action rpg...

hopefully it will be co-op... there is three characters all togheter... so it is possible to do a 3 co-op game..

trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENFUV4ST1BM

ign:

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/105/105968.html

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
----
----

/16

Trivvy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Trivvy
Accepted Solution

RONNYNS wrote:

@S1M0N_AZAR1

Why hasn't this been done? Online co-op rpg would be awesome. I really hope Elder Scrolls: Skyrim has online co-op. It would actually be a game worth getting in the series.

Edit: It doesn't :smileysad:

Why do Bethseda suck so much? It's like they are oblivious to the internet!

----

i agree with you its a big misstage that Bethseda didnt include co-op 2-8 players (play through the game online)...

singel only player games i have stoped buying... not much re-play in them.........

Yeah i mean its not hard enought making a SP Game that takes way over 100 hours to explore EVERYTHING, and to get each detail right, each loaction looking diff from the last, you want them to try and fit in a huge online world aswell with no lagg/bugs/glitched etc, sorry but i think all Fallout series should stay SP, for me its a game to see on you own not to share. You want a MMORPG go play WoW. Simple.

0 Kudos

Trivvy Trophy Card
/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

@Trivvy

i know what you mean they need to get things rigth, but making it an option to play with 4 friends online though the game instead of doing it alone. shouldnt be that hard.... and i am not interested in MMORPG or WoW...

i know now i should have worded the headline of the post a bit diffrent... it should have said..

ACTION RPG ONLINE/CO-OP

and i am just wondering if anyone knows of titles for the ps3 i may have overlooked, thats pretty much it. by the posts thats been posted it looks like thare aint much in this genre for the ps3.... sadly...

anyway all tips and recommendations are welcome :-)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
----
----

/16

Trivvy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Trivvy
Accepted Solution

RONNYNS wrote:

@Trivvy

I know what you mean they need to get things right, but making it an option to play with 4 friends online though the game instead of doing it alone. Shouldn't be that hard.... And I am not interested in MMORPG or WoW.....

No your right, but all im saying is people give game developers such a hard time and on some games the delvelopers need well lets say a good shouting at, but im saying with a game like Fallout that ticks so many boxes from what a RPG should be like, is still not good enough for people. Bethesda have done a amazing job, and instead of investing time and money in online/co-op they have made additional game packs so you can really explore the depths of the game. We say some developers don't care about the gamers, and in some cases they don't but do you expect them to when you get one whiney little nobody telling them what they have done still isn't  good enough. Mehh could go on more but rant over....

0 Kudos

Trivvy Trophy Card
/16

S1M0N_AZAR1

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
S1M0N_AZAR1
Accepted Solution

Trivvy wrote:

RONNYNS wrote:

@S1M0N_AZAR1

Why hasn't this been done? Online co-op rpg would be awesome. I really hope Elder Scrolls: Skyrim has online co-op. It would actually be a game worth getting in the series.

----

i agree with you its a big misstage that Bethseda didnt include co-op 2-8 players (play through the game online)...

singel only player games i have stoped buying... not much re-play in them.........

Yeah i mean its not hard enought making a SP Game that takes way over 100 hours to explore EVERYTHING, and to get each detail right, each loaction looking diff from the last, you want them to try and fit in a huge online world aswell with no lagg/bugs/glitched etc, sorry but i think all Fallout series should stay SP, for me its a game to see on you own not to share. You want a MMORPG go play WoW. Simple.

Lol did you just say no bugs/glitches??? Click here and get proven wrong http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/10/21/top-ten-amusing-fallout-new-vegas-bugs/

Theres no lag because it isn't online. New Vegas had LOADS of bugs.

Online would make more bugs, but as is inevitable with all games, they'd get patched, and it's not like it's going to be an MMORPG. It only needs 2 or 3 player co-op. It's not asking much in todays world of co-op.

0 Kudos

/16

Trivvy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Trivvy
Accepted Solution

S1M0N_AZAR1 wrote:

Trivvy wrote:

RONNYNS wrote:

@S1M0N_AZAR1

----

Lol did you just say no bugs/glitches??? Click here and get proven wrong http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/10/21/top-ten-amusing-fallout-new-vegas-bugs/

Theres no lag because it isn't online. New Vegas had LOADS of bugs.

Online would make more bugs, but as is inevitable with all games, they'd get patched, and it's not like it's going to be an MMORPG. It only needs 2 or 3 player co-op. It's not asking much in todays world of co-op.

Hmmmmm, yes I know Vegas had lots of bugs, as I seen first person yet I was stating my point as a generalisation. Plus proven wrong I never once said that Vegas had NO bugs, I said its hard enough to make a huge game without them. But to limit the bugs aswell as making online co-op run smoothly is just a waste of time. Its a SP game always has been. Plus is everything starts using co-op it would take away the whole " personal experience " as people would tend to not play alone. Mehh call me old fashioned but I think a SP game should be played by a single person hence the term ' Single player ':smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos

Trivvy Trophy Card
/16

thecabbage

81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thecabbage
Accepted Solution

Just to clear things up, I wasn't dissing Demon's Souls.  In fact its one of my favourite games - I finished it and everything.  The reason I said it wasn't online co-op is because the co-op doesn't work in the traditional sense - 

When you enter another person's game it is as a ghost.  Progress doesn't count in a literal sense, but it is a tool for getting your soul back.  Is it cool?  Hell yeah!  Is it drop in and out couch and online co-op like the OP was requesting?  Not in the slightest.  There is no way of predicting who in the world is going to pick up your soul stone, you just have to arrange a place and hope it's your friend.

Try demon souls - its brilliant, atmospheric, challenging but absorbing.  But as for it being a co-op action rpg, I'd argue it wouldn't scratch that itch.  Its more of a traditional rogue type with a really unique world and cool third person action graphics.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

GravelDust

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GravelDust
Accepted Solution

I love these types of games as well, seems to be a definite lack sompared to the PS1 and PS2

Upcoming ones are:

-LOTR War in the North

-Dungeon Siege 3

-Dungeon Hunter: Alliance

-D&D: Daggerdale

Hunted the Demons Forge is looking along those lines, although with a bit of GOW thrown in as well.

0 Kudos

/16

thecabbage

81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thecabbage
Accepted Solution

Yeah Hunted looks like Gears of War: Sword n Sorcery.

And thanks for flagging up D&D daggerdale - i hadn't been aware of that!  fORGOTTEN rEALMS ftw

0 Kudos

/16

S1M0N_AZAR1

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
S1M0N_AZAR1
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale

thats the kind of game i am looking for.... http://ps3.ign.com/objects/096/096126.html

0 Kudos

----
----

/16

thecabbage

81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thecabbage
Accepted Solution

Dungeon Hunter alliance is on the store today, at 9.99.  I'm off to try and find some impressions.

0 Kudos

/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

@thecabbage

on 04-04-2011 07:40 AM

OK, most of the suggestions here are not helpful at all.  There is no co-op play in Fallout, demon's souls Golden Axe BR etc.  Borderlands is a sci-fi first person shooter, but it does play a wee bit like a dungeon crawler in that you just kill, collect, repeat.  Only 2 player local co-op though.

The GOOD news though is that you're just in time for a slew of top down action rpg dungeon crawlers.  Dungeon Siege 3 is out  next month and looks sweet.  Also coming to the PSN this month is Dungeon Hunter Alliance.

If you can't wait for those then check out Sacred 2, wee bit dated and a little buggy but there's still fun to be had there.

----

i have read about those two now, its bit sad if its only those two and the new lord of the ring game that are on the horizont of new comers in the action rpg dungeon crawlers genre....

i guess these games aint for all. i find them relaxing, jump on the sofa after work, poop a beer and call some friends. mash monsters, bosses and do some easy puzzles without reading books about strategy to get the best out of the game....

i will defently try Borderlands later on since you can play thought the game with friends online...

0 Kudos

----
----

/16

ocelot07

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

RONNYNS wrote:

@thecabbage

on 04-04-2011 07:40 AM

OK, most of the suggestions here are not helpful at all.  There is no co-op play in Fallout, demon's souls Golden Axe BR etc. 

Your right most of the suggestions are not helpful. For example this one from you is not helpful. Last time I checked witch was last night. Demon' Souls has co-op play as I was doing some Co op with a friend on it.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel