New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
Unfortunately this is a terrible glitch which 99% of the players encounter and the stupid developers won't patch even after months.You can try deleting the game data(NOT the save file)and play it offline as it seems that the previous patch is responsible.In my case that didn't work and i was forced to join sb else who was in the same chapter.You can try both ways until you succeed.
Joining another person's online game did not succeed. He seemed to be unable to go anywhere else except Milkwood, like me. However, I was able to see many other locations on the map - unobtainable. Boo. Very disappointing.
Triangle --> Delete I think
I had to eventually start a completely new game. Not impressed, but at least chapter 5 isn't a million miles into the game if all you're doing is getting there.
A few tips for anyone else doing the same based on what I've read and actually did:
- When you get the Mirkwood quest from Rivendell, copy the game-save file to your PS Plus cloud if you're able. As this is one of those stupid copy-protected files, it's your only option. This way you'll be able to retry from a sensible point in the game.
If you haven't PS Plus, just cross your fingers.;
- Tool-up with everything you'll need for the journey through the whole of Chapter 5 (you'll see why below). This includes selling as much as you don't need and purchasing all the best armour and weapons you can. Also, you should remember to stock up on as many potions as you require throughout the game up to this point. I played the Elf, so I ensured I had plenty of power potions.
You may need to use the 'repeated item selling' glitch to fund this (R2 and X whilst in sell mode at a merchant).
- Throughout the game, try to talk to everyone you can. I've heard this can be an issue;
When you consider yourself ready to go, bear the following tips in mind throught the entire chapter 5 - until you safely reach the next town. Again, these tips are based on others' experiences, and it worked for me:
- Don't fast-skip any cutscenes or conversation scenes;
- Never use a 'Buy/Sell/Return to Rivendell' aura point until you have safely cleared chapter 5. This is why I suggested selling all unnecessary items above. When I did the run, I only bothered collecting weapons, armour, potions and money, and was quite selective with any miscellaneous items.
- Do the entire chapter in one session. I think the main reason for the Mirkwood glitch is a save bug caused when the player bails out of the storyline.
- <Optional> Do the game on Easy or Normal, else you'll just get frustrated and it will take longer.
The best of luck !!
Website ©2015 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info