64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

ps3 did not shut down correctly

21 Replies 3,894 Views Created 10-12-2009

when i turned my ps3 off last night i beeped twice, when i turned it back on today a message came up saying ps3 did not shut down correctly send error report to Sony which i did, should i be worried is this the end of another 60 gig launch model ( i hope not)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

p4zinho331

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
p4zinho331
Accepted Solution

i hope not mate cos my 80gb ps3 has been doing this lately aswell usually when my web browser crashes, the screen freezes and the only i can do is turn off my ps3 from my controller or on the front of the console.

0 Kudos

Re: ps3 did not shut down correctly

/16

SaintSmithy

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SaintSmithy
Accepted Solution
Ive had this sent the error message to sony and now when i go to play a game the screen just goes black
0 Kudos

/16

joepot

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
joepot
Accepted Solution

i been playing mw2 now and had no probs so far hopefully it was just one of them things (fingers crossed)

0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
Had it happen to me with my slim PS3. But only happened when my PS3 browser crashed.
0 Kudos

/16

grogy86

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
grogy86
Accepted Solution

had the same message after mw2 froze again but its been fine since

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

I got my first message yesterday morning but it turned off fine the night before

Even more confusing is the few times it has crashed i never even got the message on rebooting

Beta testing forums since 10/12 :D

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

joepot

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
joepot
Accepted Solution
its never happened to me when its crashed either. But it beeped twice when i turned it off again last i haven't turned it back on yet i'll do it when i get home from work
0 Kudos

/16

playstatpuppy

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
playstatpuppy
Accepted Solution

Same thing happened to me today but I did not submit a report because I was unfamiliar with the privacy policy of SCE and why they need access to all of the users account information. Trying to find that privacy policy info on the web.

ocelot07 wrote:
Had it happen to me with my slim PS3. But only happened when my PS3 browser crashed.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

koblecta

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
koblecta
Accepted Solution

yo what do i do to fix this!? ps3 makes me send a message to sony, doesnt read discs unless i eject it and put it back in, then wont play them. the screen just stays black...

0 Kudos

/16

junglemungquay

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
junglemungquay
Accepted Solution

koblecta wrote:

yo what do i do to fix this!? ps3 makes me send a message to sony, doesnt read discs unless i eject it and put it back in, then wont play them. the screen just stays black...

Had this problem a few months back - try backing up, restoring the system & giving the vents a decent clean. I stuck a fan behind mine & raised it on blocks & (touch wood) haven't had any problems since!!!

0 Kudos

/16

DJSlime

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DJSlime
Accepted Solution

p4zinho331 wrote:

i hope not mate cos my 80gb ps3 has been doing this lately aswell usually when my web browser crashes, the screen freezes and the only i can do is turn off my ps3 from my controller or on the front of the console.

Mine does the same sometimes, usually after watching a flash video.

0 Kudos

DJSlime
/16

joepot

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
joepot
Accepted Solution

it's done it again beeped twice when i shut it down but i have noticed it only happens when i have been playing mw2 i normally hate it when people say stuff like mw2 broke my ps3 but maybe there is some truth behind it, i played r and c a crack in time for about 2 hours then turned my ps3 off and it was fine so i put mw2 on and played it for an hour turned it off and it beeped twice i'm well gutted  now cause i want to do  the special opps but i'm to scared to put mw2 back in my ps3 in case i get ylod

0 Kudos

/16

Firefox2000

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Firefox2000
Accepted Solution

I had this message appear yesterday, just send the report and moved on, the last game i was playing before it was Lego Indy 2....but apart from that its all working.

0 Kudos

/16

jordanW241

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jordanW241
Accepted Solution
How did you switch the console off? I think it comes up sometimes when you just flick the switch at the back of the console without powering down properly, the best way to avoid it is by switching it off via the XMB or front power button first
0 Kudos

/16

Ezy-Ryder86

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ezy-Ryder86
Accepted Solution
Its also better to Quit Game before scrolling to Turn Off System.
0 Kudos

/16

SniperSam

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SniperSam
Accepted Solution

I have also encountered this message twice,over the past couple of weeks,never seen this message before so basically ignored it as i persumed it was due to the system freezing and having to do a hard reset...But today i switched it on as normal to play abit of Avatar,within two minutes i had a bleep and a flashing red light light,tried everything from leaving it to removing HDD,but to no avail..

Luckily though i took out a 3year extended warrenty which expires in Feb 2010, however it is a 4 week turnaround so i'm debating on getting a slim then selling the 60GB off once it gets back/if it gets back...

0 Kudos

/16

ReadingAid

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ReadingAid
Accepted Solution
Don't wanna scare you or anything but this happened to me when I got YLOD. Was playing AC2, collected a feather and the game froze up, shut itself down. I turned it back on and the start up screen was glitching and freezing, went to the XMB lasted 3 seconds then shut down again. Did this about 8 times then the last time it dent turn on and got the dreaded YLOD! Anyway the point is everytime I restarted I got this messege!

I'll now be attempting a home YLOD fix, got the compound and alcahol and just need a air gun, Friday I'll let u know how it goes!
0 Kudos

/16

keatesy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
keatesy
Accepted Solution
Last night i selected CODMW2 on xmb then power just went off on ps3, no beeps or lights or nothing!!! took power cable out the back for a few minutes then eventually got red standby light and then back to normal operation. Must admit my heart skipped a beat. Had the worst week as it is, lost my job, washing machine packed up, car packed up then thought NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not this as well!!
0 Kudos

/16

Albafree

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Albafree
Accepted Solution

JordanW241is right, as  this is the message you get when turned off from the back as i was to eager i turned

the ps3 off just in this way, so to get the message to stop returning.

i left the ps3 in stand by and held down the power button until i heard 2 beeps, then it asks you to plug in your controller after this it takes you to the screen of wonderments, where by you should choose the rebuild the file system or it says something like that choose it.

and it should sort out any corruption in the file system at least it did for me and the message stopped returning hope this helps.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

slippreyskippy

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
slippreyskippy
Accepted Solution
i believe this error message is a minor feature implemented with fw 3.10 just informing you that you shut the ps3 down incorrectly last time. the performance of your machine is exactly the same as it was when it crashed all those other times in the past, only now you are being told about it :) i wouldnt worry if i were you, just report it and move on :)
0 Kudos

============ ============ ============

God made weed, Man made booze, Who do you trust??
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel