27 Feb 2011
By Chris_shanahan87
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

xbox 360 vs PS3 (for gamers who own both consoles and non fanboys)

118 Replies 2,136 Views Created 27-02-2011

So the PS3 had a rocky start and no one can deny it, with a hefty price tag and not many games to back it up it was clear that the xbox 360 dominated the this generation of gaming to begin with. But now that the PS3 has come into it's own with it's great exclusives and almost on par multi platform games - which do you prefer? which do you think is better?

For me, the PS3 offers the best value for money for it's Blu-ray and it's free online service but I still prefer the Xbox 360. I find the online service far superior and I just generally find myself playing it more  and having more fun. Possibly because I have more friends with an Xbox 360 and the majority of my favourite games play better on the Xbox 360.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

Scythegpd wrote:

IrishViper1 wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

IrishViper1 wrote:

Lol on all including my own You Stupid Fanboy Muppets , I like the PS3 because it does what I want it to do, I have a 360 because it does what I want it to do,,those who shout the PS3 is better than the Xbox Leave Now and do not return ,

We who have been here for years between the PSP,PS1,PS2 and Launch day purchases of the system say one thing as we always have done ,, NO FANBOYS WANTED OR NEEDED.

The 360 is a great console with fantastic games ,, That is All 

Erm ... you do realise that you're on the official PS3 forum right?

I'd post a "facepalm" picture but that comment doesn't even deserve the minimal effort that requires.

It does not matter which platforms forums anyone is on a Fanboy is a Fool on all and should be banned from gaming for life as they give real true GAMERS a bad name.

Reread your comment that I bolded. See any reference to "fanboys" there? As far as I can tell that comment that I bolded is applicable to anybody who prefers the PS3.

And go figure ... on the official PS3 forum there are people who prefer the PS3 ...

It is possible to prefer one console but still not be completely obsessed by it and dismissive of the opposition.

However on the flip side, there will always be fanboys, there is nothing you can do about it. Where would you rather them be, on the correct site or on the oppositions? I can tolerate the PS3 fanboys on here because it's the correct forums for them, it's the 360 fanboy trolls I can't stand. Then again when I'm on the official 360 forum I feel the opposite. They exist, fact. There's nothing you can do about it, fact. Better they're where they're supposed to be that ruining peoples enjoyment by trolling the opposition.

There is a big difference between being a Fanboy and preferring a certain system and you are simply taking part of my statement out of context,I have a preference and it is the PS3, is it better than the 360 ?No it is not it is my personal view.

Simply put fanboys and system huggers are of no use to the industry what so ever nor are they of any use to the gaming community.

As for Troll's a Troll is just a fanboy being a fanboy and are found everywhere and never last too long before they are put back beneath their bridge.

0 Kudos

Re: xbox 360 vs PS3 (for gamers who own both consoles and non fanboys)

/16

Scythegpd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Scythegpd
Accepted Solution

IrishViper1 wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

IrishViper1 wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

IrishViper1 wrote:

Lol on all including my own You Stupid Fanboy Muppets , I like the PS3 because it does what I want it to do, I have a 360 because it does what I want it to do,,those who shout the PS3 is better than the Xbox Leave Now and do not return ,

We who have been here for years between the PSP,PS1,PS2 and Launch day purchases of the system say one thing as we always have done ,, NO FANBOYS WANTED OR NEEDED.

The 360 is a great console with fantastic games ,, That is All 

Erm ... you do realise that you're on the official PS3 forum right?

I'd post a "facepalm" picture but that comment doesn't even deserve the minimal effort that requires.

It does not matter which platforms forums anyone is on a Fanboy is a Fool on all and should be banned from gaming for life as they give real true GAMERS a bad name.

Reread your comment that I bolded. See any reference to "fanboys" there? As far as I can tell that comment that I bolded is applicable to anybody who prefers the PS3.

And go figure ... on the official PS3 forum there are people who prefer the PS3 ...

It is possible to prefer one console but still not be completely obsessed by it and dismissive of the opposition.

However on the flip side, there will always be fanboys, there is nothing you can do about it. Where would you rather them be, on the correct site or on the oppositions? I can tolerate the PS3 fanboys on here because it's the correct forums for them, it's the 360 fanboy trolls I can't stand. Then again when I'm on the official 360 forum I feel the opposite. They exist, fact. There's nothing you can do about it, fact. Better they're where they're supposed to be that ruining peoples enjoyment by trolling the opposition.

There is a big difference between being a Fanboy and preferring a certain system and you are simply taking part of my statement out of context,I have a preference and it is the PS3, is it better than the 360 ?No it is not it is my personal view.

Simply put fanboys and system huggers are of no use to the industry what so ever nor are they of any use to the gaming community.

As for Troll's a Troll is just a fanboy being a fanboy and are found everywhere and never last too long before they are put back beneath their bridge.

I'm certainly not trying to dispute what you're saying about fanboys.

I'm just saying that, considering you can't get rid of them, I'd rather the PS3 fanboys be here and the 360 fanboys be there. Otherwise you get idiots trying to claim games like Alan Wake, DoA4 and Gears3 are the best looking console games (even though Gears3 isn't even available).

Fanboys are tolerable, it's the insecure pathetic fanboys who insist on trolling the other consoles forums because they lack confidence in the console of their choice that are the really sad ones.

And are you really refusing to acknowlegde that what you wrote, the part I bolded, couldn't be interpreted in more ways than you intended? Let me rewrite it to show what it's like without the possiblity of mis-interpretation: "Fanboys who shout about the PS3 being better than the Xbox and the XBox having no positives, leave now and do not return" See? That specifies who you are referring to and not making the comment applicable to pretty much everyone who prefers the PS3.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

michelle_tabor

• Beta Tester
92%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
I could only afford one console, I picked ps3 and really enjoy it. Had I chose Xbox then Im sure I would be saying exactly the same thing (that I really enjoy it)

Im impressed how long this went on before shouts of "FANBOY" were thrown at each other.
0 Kudos

/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

PC

/thread

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

James91

• Award Winner
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution

Scythegpd wrote:

Otherwise you get idiots trying to claim games like Alan Wake, DoA4 and Gears3 are the best looking console games (even though Gears3 isn't even available).
If you're referring to EmpyPhil's comment then he didn't say Gears 3, he said Wake, DOA and Gears are 3 of the best, I mis-read it wrong first time too.

Alan Wake is a very good looking game though.
0 Kudos

/16

Scythegpd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Scythegpd
Accepted Solution

James91 wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

Otherwise you get idiots trying to claim games like Alan Wake, DoA4 and Gears3 are the best looking console games (even though Gears3 isn't even available).
If you're referring to EmpyPhil's comment then he didn't say Gears 3, he said Wake, DOA and Gears are 3 of the best, I mis-read it wrong first time too.

Although what was the purpose of posting that? There are PS3 games that look better that those (well apart from Gears3 because I've not played the final release yet so can't judge). Yet for some reason he simply HAD to enter this thread and post about 3 360 exclusives, for no actual purpose. So why bother? Have a look at his post history and you'll realise exactly why.

Although this will be my last post on the matter, any more is giving him exactly what he wants, which is attention. The posts are just as sad when he used to post as Empy (and got banned), looks like similar to TehPotentialz they just can't keep themselves away from the PS3 forum, clearly very insecure.

And yes, Alan Wake is a very good looking game (and by far one of my favourite games this gen). Pity about the horrendous screen-tearing though.

0 Kudos

/16

tooms109

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tooms109
Accepted Solution

I enjoy both .......

Both have great games - Including exellent downloadable titles.(the best thing about this gen IMO).

When i'm playing games,i honestly dont think about the machine they are played on.I dont prefer any machine over an other - Its the software that makes a machine.

A great game,is a great game - Regardless of the hardware they run on.

0 Kudos

sig
/16

shadow_walkerOZ

63%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shadow_walkerOZ
Accepted Solution

tooms109 wrote:

I enjoy both .......

Both have great games - Including exellent downloadable titles.(the best thing about this gen IMO).

When i'm playing games,i honestly dont think about the machine they are played on.I dont prefer any machine over an other - Its the software that makes a machine.

A great game,is a great game - Regardless of the hardware they run on.

What he said.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Scythegpd wrote:

James91 wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

Although what was the purpose of posting that? There are PS3 games that look better that those (well apart from Gears3 because I've not played the final release yet so can't judge). Yet for some reason he simply HAD to enter this thread and post about 3 360 exclusives, for no actual purpose. So why bother? Have a look at his post history and you'll realise exactly why.

Although this will be my last post on the matter, any more is giving him exactly what he wants, which is attention. The posts are just as sad when he used to post as Empy (and got banned), looks like similar to TehPotentialz they just can't keep themselves away from the PS3 forum, clearly very insecure.

And yes, Alan Wake is a very good looking game (and by far one of my favourite games this gen). Pity about the horrendous screen-tearing though.

Not had that:xConfused:

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

EmpyPhil

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EmpyPhil
Accepted Solution

I have all 3 consoles and a gaming pc. 

The xbox is my favorite console because I think xbox live is much better than the psn. Im also a massive halo fan. The other 2 consoles are also great but xbox has more games I like. Obviously the pc is the best by miles though so I try to buy multiplatform games for that. 

Yea I had no screen tearing on Alan Wake. Maybe because I installed it to my hard disk. Shame ps3 cant let me install the whole game to hard disk because some of the games take a while to load. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Scythegpd

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Scythegpd
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

James91 wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

Not had that:xConfused:

I had it quite regularly. Funny thing is usually it was at the times when the least amount was happening. The part that always stands out to me was in episode 3, on the way driving to (and after getting to) the coal mine museum, it was terrible, especially when I hit the museum and was alking around. And I was playing on a brand new 360 with the game installed an on a good quality HD telly via HDMI so it certainly wasn't any of those factors.

And the screen-tearing didn't change irrelevant of what version I was playing (I bought the standard edition and loved the game so much I went out and bought the limited "book" edition).

The screen tearing was less pronounced in the signal and the writer but it was still ther eoccasionally.

Still, doesn't stop it being one of my favourite games this gen

0 Kudos

/16

Kurby--

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kurby--
Accepted Solution

I've got both and IMO the community is better on PS3 but the majority of games play better on 360. I'm not saying 360 has the best hardware etc. Most games are multi-platform and are developed on 360 then ported to PS3, so the majority are better on 360 because they've been developed there. The exclusives on PS3 are better IMO and if the majority of multi-platform games were developed on PS3 then they would be better.

0 Kudos

/16

EmpyPhil

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EmpyPhil
Accepted Solution
I always thought the community on xbox live was way better. Its prob because hardly anyone on ps3 has a headset so online games are a bit dull without all the chatting. It was best on the original xbox on games like Halo 2. This gen lots of people dont use their headsets or use private chat.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

TescoValueGamer

• Award Winner
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TescoValueGamer
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

They are games consoles to play games on for all ages, we are gamers IT SHOULD NOT MATTER WHAT PEOPLE PLAY THEIR GAMES ON!

I'll hapilly agree with that - unless you had an A****** CPC 464 in your youth! :P

This is what I think of A******s.

My utter dislike of them should be well known by now - I'm a Sinclair fanboy and damn well proud of it!

But seriously, I've had my PS3 for a year now and personally I've been more than happy with it. Granted, there's no cross game chat or party chat on PSN, but that doesn't really bother me to be honest - I never used them on Live myself anyway - the lack of banter made it boring for me and with party chat there's a good chance you may miss making some good friends online. If someone annoyed me then I'd just mute them. That's my opinion.

But yeah, whether you've only got a 360 or a PS3, just enjoy them! Don't worry about which one sold so many the previous month - just play the bloody games and have a laugh while doing it!

0 Kudos

Currently playing: Diablo 3 (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Fez (XBLA), MAME (PC), Oolite (PC), Parasite Eve (PS1)
Beta Tester
/16

AstroZombie1

• Beta Tester
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AstroZombie1
Accepted Solution

Thoroughly enjoy both not a fanboy but when someone speaks utter lies I will say something.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

RingoSmith

• Beta Tester
86%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RingoSmith
Accepted Solution

MidnightOrch3d wrote:

Hi i have been with xbox 360 for 3 years and just got a ps3 2 weeks ago soon as i played littlebig planet and killzone that did it for me so the 360 is going on ebay soon lol

I have played games for many years so not a fangirl trying to leave xbox 360 is a mission in its self like leaveng the mafia they just wont let go. It looks like all 360 has comeing out this year ps3 does not is gears of war 3 which looks like 1 & 2 abit same old squating behind walls ect.. Zzzzz

Anyway iam glad i got a ps3 things that are not quite as good as the 360 are the ps3 pad the D pad should be lower as people dont use dpad to play games anymore the 8bit days are longgone.

The way you cant charge the ps3 pad when the consoles turned off gets anoying.

Thats about it really i just love the Shhhhhhh of the ps3 ahhhhhhh so peaceful the 360 gives my hairdryer a run for its money with the racket it makes.

anyway hi too all this is my first post .... Orchid x

Nice first post.

this fanboy thing is silly.  But what i find worse is the comment i have both or i am a propergamer i have both.

This fanboy silliness has almost taken away the right to personal opinion and choice.  Just because i dont want an Xbox and only onw a PS3 that would probably make me a fanboy in some peoples eyes.

but the reason why i only have the one console is money and choice.

I will big up the PS3 as i own it and love its features.  I wont big up the XBOX as it does  not do anything for me.  simple.

But at the end of the day it is all about choice.  :)

Still PC engine FTW!  :)

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

James91

• Award Winner
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution

BugMeNot44 wrote:

Chris_shanahan87 wrote:

So the PS3 had a rocky start and no one can deny it, with a hefty price tag and not many games to back it up it was clear that the xbox 360 dominated the this generation of gaming to begin with.

Just to point out the obvious here (which it seems many stupid people seem to have trouble grasping), the Xbox launched 16 months BEFORE the PS3, when it launched, it too had very few decent games.

It was only 12 months, Nov 05 for 360 and Nov 06 for PS3.
0 Kudos

/16

BugMeNot44

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BugMeNot44
Accepted Solution

James91 wrote:

BugMeNot44 wrote:

Chris_shanahan87 wrote:

So the PS3 had a rocky start and no one can deny it, with a hefty price tag and not many games to back it up it was clear that the xbox 360 dominated the this generation of gaming to begin with.

Just to point out the obvious here (which it seems many stupid people seem to have trouble grasping), the Xbox launched 16 months BEFORE the PS3, when it launched, it too had very few decent games.

?? 23th  March 2007....   Or are you rewriting history to suit now?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6295359.stm

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

chalky83

• Beta Tester
99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chalky83
Accepted Solution

BugMeNot44 wrote:

James91 wrote:

BugMeNot44 wrote:

Chris_shanahan87 wrote:

Nov 2006 for Japan and US, March 2007 for Europe but you knew that's what he was getting at anyway st0rm

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

James91

• Award Winner
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution

chalky83 wrote:

BugMeNot44 wrote:

James91 wrote:

BugMeNot44 wrote:

Chris_shanahan87 wrote:

Nov 2006 for Japan and US, March 2007 for Europe but you knew that's what he was getting at anyway st0rm

I expected no less than that response tbh :Lol: I wish the mods would just IP ban him and be done with it.
0 Kudos

/16

BugMeNot44

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BugMeNot44
Accepted Solution

James91 wrote:

chalky83 wrote:

BugMeNot44 wrote:

James91 wrote:

BugMeNot44 wrote:

Chris_shanahan87 wrote:

I expected no less than that response tbh :Lol: I wish the mods would just IP ban him and be done with it.

Or better still, fix the root problems, and ban the 3 or 4 continued troublemakers here....   That constantly micro-moderate the forums for anything that may talk bad of their beloved Xbox.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel