11 Feb 2014
By: LoftyWho Member 37 Posts
Level 3

Diablo 3 on PS4: Any news on a release date?

16 Replies 9,716 Views Created 11-02-2014

Morning folks :BigGrin:

I know this has been confirmed for PS4 but has anyone seen any news on a release date yet?

When it was first announced places like Shopto.net, GAME, Amazon had it down for release in February 2014, then a few changed it to March 2014, now most places are saying .. "TBC"

I'm guessing there has been no official word but I live in hope.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (9,716 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Diablo 3 on PS4: Any news on a release date?

Nope, but Its going to be after Reaper of Souls hits PC. (& Thats 25th of March). So, I do not think you will see it for a while.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (9,706 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Many thanks for the reply.

I guess it was wishfull thinking on my part that it might be out sometime before Thief, Infamous hit the stores lol

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (9,701 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Just a little update on this.

I just got back from my local GAME and I noticed in the PS4 section, PS4 cases for "Diablo Reaper" .. ( Not Diablo 3 ) ... suppose to be relased 21st March.

I asked the guy about it, he didn't seem to know much, only to mention something about a PC beta for this but it's now getting a PS4 release?

Not sure if this is correct but the cases were there saying released 21st March on PS4.

We shall see.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (9,636 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

[ Edited ]

LoftyWho wrote:

I just got back from my local GAME and I noticed in the PS4 section, PS4 cases for "Diablo Reaper" .. ( Not Diablo 3 ) ... suppose to be relased 21st March.

I asked the guy about it, he didn't seem to know much, only to mention something about a PC beta for this but it's now getting a PS4 release?

Not sure if this is correct but the cases were there saying released 21st March on PS4.

We shall see.

That would mean its befor the PC version, I do not believe that. PC is Blizzards primary platform. They also like to advertise in advance and since they have not officially said anything yet another reason I doubt it.

Im sure when news breaks it will be posted here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/console/ currently only says soon.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (9,628 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Spirit0fLight wrote:

LoftyWho wrote:

We shall see.

That would mean its befor the PC version, I do not believe that. PC is Blizzards primary platform. They also like to advertise in advance and since they have not officially said anything yet another reason I doubt it.

Im sure when news breaks it will be posted here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/console/ currently only says soon.

I agree.

I think the folks in my local GAME have got their wires crossed somehow.

I can hope though lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (9,581 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I too am eagerly awaiting a release date for Diablo 3, I've even pre-funded my PS account so that I can download it as soon as it appears on the PS store :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (9,507 Views)
0 Kudos

maybe they will release it with the dlc on the 25th.....hopefully cause that would be sick!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (3,514 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Blizzard announced there will be a playable demo of Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition at PAX East on the PS4.
(That's 11th - 13th of April).

So I guess its still a fair way off.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (3,508 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

My guess would be around September, if not, I will expect it to come out sometime towards the end of the year. Blizzard is now part of Activision, so it may even come out earlier sometime this summer so they don't let it clash with Destiny or the next Call of Duty.

I have been waiting quite awhile for this to come out on PS4, that is why I held of getting it for PS3. So much tension waiting on this.
"I'll beat him so bad he'll need a shoehorn to put his hat on." - Muhammad Ali
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (3,314 Views)
0 Kudos