The new game from Evolution Studios exclusive to the Playstation4. Check out the announcement video below:
Just posted to Facebook was a sscreenshot from the game, they say it isn't photoshopped:
"Take an exclusive look: this is the very first and non-photoshopped screenshot taken from the CLA 45 AMG as featured in an early version of Driveclub™, the pioneering racing game for the brand new PlayStation 4 presented by Sony Computer Entertainment yesterday in New York."
I quite like the idea for this game, to try and help people keep up, I created a wiki that people can use to find factual and up-to-date information on the game.
Drive Club Wiki - feel free to contribute if you have any info that we haven't covered
So what your reckon to it so far from the announcements and trailers you seen?
Well, much hasn't been revealed yet but the clubs side of things sounds amazingly good I think the OPC club will take over the DriveClub world with some cracking times and races
Nice wiki guide by the way, not sure how to multiquote
DriveClub, the gorgeous-looking racer from MotorStorm’s Evolution Studios, is a tantalising prospect. It’s a racer with plenty of encouragement to play cooperatively as a racing team with your friends and it appears to have a kind of Gran Turismo-like attention to detail.
Some new info has appeared, pulled from the pages of the new GameInformer magazine, and it’s sounding pretty special.
The info dump includes word that the game will support a lot of DLC – one of Sony’s biggest proponents of the bite-sized additional content. That will probably mean extra cars, individually and in bundles, but it might also mean some new tracks or even performance or visual upgrades. Hopefully it won’t mean an initial product that feels a little lightweight.
There’s also the rumoured ability to create your own events spread across multiple days and taking control of time of day and weather conditions – even using apps outside of the game (mobile, perhaps?) to create events. You can then open them up to hundreds of teams and individuals.
You’ll apparently be encouraged to play with a team – cooperative progress building towards achievements in the game (and trophies, presumably) but there’s also the option to play entirely offline in a single player mode. If you’re offline, though, you won’t be able to get your PSN friends watching you progress from the less glamourous cars up to Koenigsegg, Maserati, Pagani and Hennessey which are all supposedly making an appearance.
DriveClub is said to be a kind of blend of arcade and simulation, with damage occurring to the cars but not affecting handling. There’s also mention of large, open tracks with huge draw-distances. It sounds very much like a more expansive, prettier stab at what Forza Horizon did on the Xbox 360 last year and that’s very good news for PlayStation race fans.
There are some more details in this months Play magazine but if you can' grab a copy here is the roundup.
- Tries to showcase many PS4 features and strengths
- Not about smashing others off the road, but not exactly a sim either
- lighting and reflections off of car are "spectacular"
- Heavy social integration
- Emphasis on team helps bring accessibility as opposed to outright competition for top spot
Q&A with Matt Southern, Col Rodgers, and technical director Scott Kirkland
- They talk about their roots as a sim developer with WRC and Eurofighter Typhoon
- Evolutions first involvement with the PS4 started in 2008
- Dualshock 4 started development in 2010
- High speed in DS4 gyros allow extremely accurate steering in racing games
- Photorealism is a huge goal for Drive Club
- Massive amounts of particles, realistic atmospheric effects, high attention to detail
- Focus on owning and being a part of a racing team, owning very valuable carst
- "Powerful low level access" of GPU
- Material based lighting engine
- "Flecked" metallic paint.
- Woven carbon fiber, as opposed to just a texture.
- "...diverse array of rich environments"
- Detailed driving surfaces
- Environment examples: roadside grass, scrub, memorable landmarks, stunning skies, staggering vistas
- Extensive driver animation
- Fully dynamic lighting for time of day effects
- Streaming and spectating is in
- Regarding DS4 again stiffer trigger springs smaller deadzones
- Improved rumble
- Touchpad used for navigating UI easily
- Evolution Studios compared PD to a 106-piece orchestra while and themselves to a rockband. Dedicated to uniting people in bringing speed on "roads in the real world."
- When asked about Forza and other MS franchises, they repond "If we aren't first or best, we aren't happy."
- Sights of inspiration come from movies like Senna and Drive