97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
It's hard to see how they can continue with Solid Snake unless they make another prequel, which I'm not really that keen on since we've already seen how that main story-arc began and ended.

As much as I dislike the violent approach they're taking with Rising, I do like that they're going forward with the series.

Still, maybe Solid Snake finds the Elixir of Youth and then goes on to fight wizards and warlocks while riding a unicorn.
0 Kudos

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Is In Development!

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
I will come back to this thread and check out the link later. I read this and I was like... hmm.
Not sure if I want it to be another MGS4 style game.
0 Kudos

/16

SolidNinjaSnake

97%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

Solid Snake's game to be the one set between MGS2 and MGS4?

Hell maybe he wont even be playable, just on the codec to Raiden or something.

0 Kudos

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid

Twitter

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
It's funny, I am annoyed because Volition killed Johnny Gat and Shaundi, but here I am wanting Solid Snake to just ***** off.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Saw this earlier... I'm up in the air. Obviously more Snake is great but at the same time, something new instead maybe?

Anyhow... Thread stickied!

0 Kudos

Flying High!
/16

FootieGamerUK

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FootieGamerUK
Accepted Solution
Bring it on! I've waited way too long now for a proper MGS game.
0 Kudos

photo breaking_bad_signature_banner_by_xxdeejay-d52ik0s.png
Beta Tester
/16

lordsynbios

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lordsynbios
Accepted Solution
It was always going to happen, MGS is too popular a franchise to let die, particularly with the way investors/publishers aren't taking too many risks on new IP's these days.

The matter of Snake coming back isn't a surprise either, when they didn't kill him off, hell even if they had killed him off they'd find some way of bringing him back. He didn't say he was going to be the lead character, I'd like to see him in more of a mentoring role, setting up a new series of characters. But I also wouldn't mind going back in time, and playing as young snake again without all the fancy gadgets.

Anyway, it's all speculation atm, it's likely to be a quite a few years off yet, it's good they announced something, instead of just keeping us in limbo. I'm not excited, as I was with previous games, but I am very much looking forward to it..
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

The_Tenia

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Tenia
Accepted Solution

I've thought all along that I would love to see more Solid Snake in prequels that don't even have to be canon whatsoever and if MGS5 is one of them then I'd be happy

If it's a sequel to MGS4 and Snake's alive and Kojimas involved then I realy dunno. Snakes story should be over I think.  

There must be so many missions Snake went on that we don't know about though, in the time between MG1+MG2 then in the time between MG2 and MGS1 (but before retiring obv). Philantrophy Ops between MGS1 and MGS2 could be cool aswell. Infact, I'd quite like if it was almost like Snakes Tales from Substance, ie, just 5 (or more) missions from throughout his time that are they're own wee self contained story. 

We'll see though. We don't even know if it's this generation,,, realy wouldn't surprise me if it's one of the next gens first big titles like MGS4 was for this gen, I hope it isn't though because that would force me to go to the next gen and I'm not looking forward to saving up for that ;)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

AAMIRSHAHPK

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AAMIRSHAHPK
Accepted Solution

wow its a great news. cant wait to play mgs5 man :)

0 Kudos

/16

hilaryduff

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hilaryduff
Accepted Solution

"I liked the idea of social interactions in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but we will see."

didnt kojima say he has something to announce at the tokyo game show 25th mgs anniversary? something about 'a new way people can connect togther'  think he will show us the main feature behind a new mgs game? 

0 Kudos

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5

[ Edited ]
'We're not tools of the government or anyone else! Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at, but... At least I always fought for what I believed in...'
Gray Fox / Frank Jaeger
'Find something to believe in. And find it for yourself. And when you do, pass it on to the future.'
SolidSnake
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

'Metal Gear Solid 5' updates revealed, Kojima not part of 'The Phantom Pain'

http://www.examiner.com/article/metal-gear-solid-5-updates-revealed-kojima-not-part-of-the-phantom-p...

With all of the speculation and debate as to whether or not "The Phantom Pain" is in fact "Metal Gear Solid V," and is just a ploy to have fun with people, new developments have come to light that suggest the two titles are not the same.

According to a report from Metal Gear Solid's unofficial website yesterday, Kojima Productions boss Hideo Kojima recently took part in a handful of interviews regarding a variety of topics.

The first interview has him talking about what inspires him from a creative standpoint.

"Things that inspire usually come from the things that stimulate me: Film, music, playing with children, and even drinking coffee--I take all as these as forms of inspiration.

"All these things give me different inputs and feelings which output to new ideas. Say for example you’re walking down the road.

"When you turn back the path looks different--it’s giving off a new vibe. It’s all about perspective. And because I take my daily routine into consideration I basically never run out of ideas," Kojima said.

He was then asked about what's next for the infamous character Snake during the rest of this year.

"Well, I can’t be too specific but everything is going on schedule. But while everyone is waiting for those games I recommend you all to play 'Metal Gear Rising,'" Kojima said.

Finally in a separate interview, Kojima did confirm that he doesn't have any involvement with the highly talked about game "The Phantom Pain," and mentioned he has a few other titles he is involved in.

"'Phantom Pain' is being made by Moby ***** studios , I do not have any part in that game. I saw the resemblance there though.

"Within what I am allowed to mention – 'Ground Zeroes' and a few other titles that I am involved in script writing and designing. As a producer, I have 'Metal Gear Rising,'" Kojima said.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5

Flying High!
Beta Tester
/16

BiosNova

• Beta Tester
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BiosNova
Accepted Solution

Looks like the info in the post before this was was a load of bull then :D

0 Kudos

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution

I wouldn't stand for that insult, Hawk. I would totally ban him if I was in your situation.

Anyway, here's a Gametrailers interview with Kojima were they discuss a range of issues with Metal Gear Solid V. Aside from Mertal Gear Online of course, because no journalist would want to ask a question of actual substance. :Shame:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/84h9k6/metal-gear-solid-v--the-phantom-pain-kojima-interview

Also, I'm really not happy with the answer he gave for the shift away from David Hayter as the voice of Snake. I don't think you need to "re-invent" the series by changing from an iconic voice actor to somebody who sounds like they could be any number of countless modern first-person shooters. I also feel insulted that Hayter is the only person that seems to be affected by this "re-invention", as it doesn't look like they'll be changing the Japanese voice actor for Snake.

This will probably blow up in Konami's face like the whole Metal Gear Solid 2 fiasco did; though who am I, a loyal Metal Gear fan, to question their strange business decisions. :xRolleyes:

</End rant>

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution

Big Boss is gonna have a missing hand, different voice actor, a piece of bone/skull/debris poking out of his brow...
Let's not have another Dante from DmC as far as fans complaining goes, eh. lol

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
Say what you will... heh, but I can't be the only person who won't be hearing Hayter's voice in my mind when I eventually play this game.

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
I am actually a little sad about it really.
All we can do is boycott it and sign petitions and demand him back. We can't have these developers making choices like that!
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

I have that ban hammer at the ready :D

As for the voice... maybe there is more to all this, especially considering all the twists and turns with regards to the game and the news and all the darn secrets :S

Flying High!
Beta Tester
/16

Rexxey

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rexxey
Accepted Solution

I would guess at the guy who voiced Big Boss in MGS4 as the voice actor?

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

BiosNova

• Beta Tester
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BiosNova
Accepted Solution

I got the vibe that Hayter was a little offended that he was not even asked to reprise his role as Snake.

Truth be told he does make Snake the man he is. We all know this.

This is Kojima though, if he thinks it will be ok without him, it probably will be. He is not the sort to do drastic changes that will upset fans. Ok we all know the Raiden thing in MGS2 but it got us to see Snake from a totally different angle, and I liked that personally.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

SolidNinjaSnake

97%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

SurrealNightmare wrote:

I also feel insulted that Hayter is the only person that seems to be affected by this "re-invention", as it doesn't look like they'll be changing the Japanese voice actor for Snake.

That makes it even worse now...

It's gonna suck without David Hayter but I'm guessing there isn't exactly anything we can do...

Hopefully this new person does a decent job.

Anyway I would have thought just by making Metal Gear an open world game would be enough to say it's a re-invention!

Definitely interested to see it in action to see how it works etc.

0 Kudos

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid

Twitter

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel