85 Replies 1,343 Views edited 28-03-2013

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

Twitter

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 86 (1,343 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Is In Development!

It's hard to see how they can continue with Solid Snake unless they make another prequel, which I'm not really that keen on since we've already seen how that main story-arc began and ended.

As much as I dislike the violent approach they're taking with Rising, I do like that they're going forward with the series.

Still, maybe Solid Snake finds the Elixir of Youth and then goes on to fight wizards and warlocks while riding a unicorn.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 86 (1,337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I will come back to this thread and check out the link later. I read this and I was like... hmm.
Not sure if I want it to be another MGS4 style game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 86 (1,323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Solid Snake's game to be the one set between MGS2 and MGS4?

Hell maybe he wont even be playable, just on the codec to Raiden or something.

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

Twitter

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 86 (1,324 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

It's funny, I am annoyed because Volition killed Johnny Gat and Shaundi, but here I am wanting Solid Snake to just ***** off.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 86 (1,321 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Saw this earlier... I'm up in the air. Obviously more Snake is great but at the same time, something new instead maybe?

Anyhow... Thread stickied!

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 86 (1,315 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Bring it on! I've waited way too long now for a proper MGS game.
 photo breaking_bad_signature_banner_by_xxdeejay-d52ik0s.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 86 (1,303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It was always going to happen, MGS is too popular a franchise to let die, particularly with the way investors/publishers aren't taking too many risks on new IP's these days.

The matter of Snake coming back isn't a surprise either, when they didn't kill him off, hell even if they had killed him off they'd find some way of bringing him back. He didn't say he was going to be the lead character, I'd like to see him in more of a mentoring role, setting up a new series of characters. But I also wouldn't mind going back in time, and playing as young snake again without all the fancy gadgets.

Anyway, it's all speculation atm, it's likely to be a quite a few years off yet, it's good they announced something, instead of just keeping us in limbo. I'm not excited, as I was with previous games, but I am very much looking forward to it..
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 86 (1,296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I've thought all along that I would love to see more Solid Snake in prequels that don't even have to be canon whatsoever and if MGS5 is one of them then I'd be happy

If it's a sequel to MGS4 and Snake's alive and Kojimas involved then I realy dunno. Snakes story should be over I think.  

There must be so many missions Snake went on that we don't know about though, in the time between MG1+MG2 then in the time between MG2 and MGS1 (but before retiring obv). Philantrophy Ops between MGS1 and MGS2 could be cool aswell. Infact, I'd quite like if it was almost like Snakes Tales from Substance, ie, just 5 (or more) missions from throughout his time that are they're own wee self contained story. 

We'll see though. We don't even know if it's this generation,,, realy wouldn't surprise me if it's one of the next gens first big titles like MGS4 was for this gen, I hope it isn't though because that would force me to go to the next gen and I'm not looking forward to saving up for that :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 86 (1,235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

wow its a great news. cant wait to play mgs5 man :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 86 (1,197 Views)
0 Kudos