19 Oct 2013

Playstation Staff

ASDA Direct - PS4 Watchdogs Pre-Order

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 1,723 Views edited 19-10-2013

Thought i would share the info i have recieved incase anyone else hasn't got the email yet

Dear Customer

You may be aware that Ubisoft have this week announced the delay of their game “Watchdogs” until the Spring of 2014 and you may be wondering what is happening with your order for the PlayStation4 Watchdogs bundle as a result of this delay.

The great news is that your PlayStation4 order is protected and you are still guaranteed your console for Day 1 launch on November 29th.

What will happen next?

In order to deal with the delay we are switching your order over to the standard PlayStation 4 console. This will mean that at launch you will receive this solus edition pack instead of the bundle pack you ordered. The Watchdogs bundle was priced at £385.00 and the solus edition is priced at £349.00 so in order to do this we will be issuing you a partial refund of £36.00.

The invoice you receive once your console has been delivered will still state the Watchdogs bundle.

The refund will be paid back to you on the card you used to place the original order – this may take us up to 10 days.

Any other items such as Games or PSN Network products that you added to your basket are safe and we will send you these with your order too.

What else are we doing to help?

We recognise that you could have used the Save £5.00 offer on any other game when you selected your console, so as a sorry for the inconvenience we are going to offer you a £5.00 eVoucher. This will be applied to your account over the next 3 days and you can then use this to save on any other PS4 game of your choice.

Thank you for shopping with Asda and enjoy your gaming on the 29th November!

Regards,

Asda Direct.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (1,723 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: ASDA Direct - PS4 Watchdogs Pre-Order

still waiting to hear from my Game store to know what they are doing about it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (1,718 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

We'll that clearly works in favour of Asda.

Give everyone basic model £349 & instead of only paying £35 extra to get Watch Dogs your looking at £45-£50 the £5 voucher does not cover the difference and forces you to buy the game from Asda....

We'll played Asda..
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (1,623 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Nice one, Asda :smileyvery-happy: This is how it's done!
Transgender. Male pronouns please! (he/him/his/Edward/Ed)
Hypermobility Syndrome Awareness. Zebra warriors
Hypermobility Syndrome Awareness
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (1,609 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Least they are giving an e-voucher, most other companys will just change to the solus console.

I ordered my PS4 from ASDA direct and think they've done pretty well with the pricing, I completed my order the day before Watch Dogs was delayed and was going to get that bundle but changed my mind at the last minute and got BF4 with the solus console.

Good to see there sorting it out pretty quickly for the customers who did purchase this bundle.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (1,568 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

The £5 voucher is due to an asda deal where you get £5 off every game you order with the ps4,
so if you order five games you get £25 off etc

Games i got - these are relatively low priced compared to other retailers.

Killzone Shadow Fall - PS4 x1 £48.00 GBP P
Battlefield 4 - Pre-order To Receive China Rising Expansion Pack - PS4 x1 £42.00 GBP
PlayStation Plus Network Card - 365 Day Subscription - PlayStation 3 / Vita x1 £36.00 GBP
FIFA 14 - PS4 x1 £42.00 GBP
Call Of Duty: Ghosts - PS4 x1 £44.00 GBP

because watchdogs isn't going to be released now, asda has given me another £5 off in the form of a voucher to spend on a different game,

Asda are working on the basis that the watchdogs bundle never existed rather than trying to match the discount, i think that is reasonable
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (1,474 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Not too sure if any of you have noticed but they are offering the Killzone PS4 bundle for £385 for people with the Unique Preorder code which is decent - making the Killzone game £36 (before discounts). And with the £5 off additional games (and staff discount) it makes each one £37.30 which is better than most places.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (1,356 Views)
0 Kudos