13 Sep 2013
Playstation Staff

Battlefield 4 PS3 to PS4 upgrade (Code in the box)

14 Replies 1,119 Views Created 13-09-2013

Just saw this on over on the AVFORUMS.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/13/battlefield-4s-ps3-to-ps4-upgrade-path-detailed/

So I take it I can pre order Battlefield 4 on PS3 from amazon for £35. Redeem the code for £10 upgrade. Then sell BF4 PS3 version right away or play it for a few weeks then trade  in. Making PS4 copy very cheap.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (1,119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Battlefield 4 PS3 to PS4 upgrade (Code in the box)

No u need the ps3 disc in the ps4...stupid I know
How do I add a picture here??
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (1,092 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

RolledUp20s wrote:
No u need the ps3 disc in the ps4...stupid I know

I assume your right here but I've yet to see anything official. You got a source?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (1,076 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Si_Ozzman wrote:

I assume your right here but I've yet to see anything official. You got a source?

"What the consumer can then do, for a premium to be defined by the publisher, is access the PS4 digital game and then provided they still have the PS3 disc, they will be able to play the PS4 version when they decide to buy the next gen."

PS4 interview: Sony discusses release date, Vita discount at gamescom - Gaming Interview - Digital S...

That sounds like you need to have the PS3 disc in the PS4 in order for the digital version to work. Makes sense I guess.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (1,047 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Going by this comment This is actually one of the most beautifully generous systems I could have imagined, letting people literally own Battlefield 4 on two platforms and keep the PS3 copy to do with as they please.

I know its only the writer that says this. But I think we will be able to trade in the PS3 version. Stuff like this has happened before. Like I bought PlayStation All Starts on PS3 got the PS Vita version from it then sold the PS3 version. Same with Portal 2 bought the PS3 version got the PC version from it then sold the PS3 version.

The guy from EA even brought up the GAME trade in offer. Trade in Battlefield 4 for PS3 for £40 and get the PS4 version. Assuming GAME sell the PS4 version for £40.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (1,032 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

ocelot07 wrote:

Going by this comment This is actually one of the most beautifully generous systems I could have imagined, letting people literally own Battlefield 4 on two platforms and keep the PS3 copy to do with as they please.

I know its only the writer that says this. But I think we will be able to trade in the PS3 version. Stuff like this has happened before. Like I bought PlayStation All Starts on PS3 got the PS Vita version from it then sold the PS3 version. Same with Portal 2 bought the PS3 version got the PC version from it then sold the PS3 version.

The way I read it is you can't play the downloaded PS4 version without the PS3 disc in the PS4.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (1,026 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

ocelot07 wrote:

The guy from EA even brought up the GAME trade in offer. Trade in Battlefield 4 for PS3 for £40 and get the PS4 version. Assuming GAME sell the PS4 version for £40.

The deal from game is £40 trade in value for bf4,cod ghosts and fifa 14 ps3 copies toward the ps4 versions, so if you trade in the ps3 copy of bf4 and the ps4 version is priced at 49.99 you'll have to pay the £9.99.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (1,019 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

i made it into that TSA article xD

hopefully this gets simplified even more lol either im tired or still not quite 100% on it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (1,006 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

misterck wrote:

ocelot07 wrote:

The deal from game is £40 trade in value for bf4,cod ghosts and fifa 14 ps3 copies toward the ps4 versions, so if you trade in the ps3 copy of bf4 and the ps4 version is priced at 49.99 you'll have to pay the £9.99.

Sorry I just noticed what I typed I was suppose to say £49.99. What I was trying to say is. If EA are happy with you taking advantage of the GAME offer trading the PS3 version in and getting the PS4 version for £10. Why would they not be happy for you to buy BF4 on PS3 redeem the code and buy the PS4 version for £10 then trading or selling the PS3 version. Am currently having a hard time thinking why you would need the PS3 disc to play the PS4 digital version?

If I put a PS3 game into the PS4. How would the PS4 know what game it is? All it would know is that its a PS3 game and display the this disc can not be used on this system ect.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (931 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

When I first read about this I though the UK had to go to game to get the "upgrade" and the rest of the world got the code?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Announcements/Buy-BATTLEFIELD-4-on-PS3-Upgrade-later-to-PS4/t...

So confusing at the moment.

Game are offering the same deal on ghost and fifa, does this mean we get a code for those as well?

im going grey by the minute trying to keep up with all this :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (870 Views)
0 Kudos