16 Nov 2013

Playstation Staff

Controller audio

4 Replies 305 Views Created 16-11-2013
I am playing killzone and audio files I pick up play through the little speaker on the controller. Is there a way to turn this off?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Controller audio

Even if this is the EU forum and we don't have the console yet.

I know this function and Use took A LOT of planning and Time to add, So realy you should at least play once with the function on....

......but Yes Hidden in the Settings menu of the PS4 there is an audio Level setting for the DS4 speaker...

Manual/User guide.....

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/controller.html

Due to not having the console I don't know what settings are there....  

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

can you turn it off?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (246 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Changing settings

You can adjust settings for the vibration function and the speaker volume of the controller.
Select (Settings) from the function screen and then select [Devices] > [Controllers].

Audio such as chat audio or sound effects might be output from the speaker on the controller, depending on the game or application.
You can adjust the speaker volume by pressing and holding the PS button for at least 1 second, and then selecting [Adjust Devices] on the screen that is displayed.

Source: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/usecontroller.html

Not sure how low you can drop it too though or if it turns off. Since we don't have them in UK yet. Let us know :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (232 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I hope it can be turned off as I will be gaming with my headset on so won't hear anything from the dualshock 4.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (194 Views)
0 Kudos