17 Jun 2013
By W3XF0RD
Playstation Staff

Official Playstation app for windows phone 8

21 Replies 13,965 Views Created 17-06-2013

As the title suggests, Do you think \\\\sony will release an app for other mobile OS's. With the PS4 being social, it would make good marketing sense for them to do this.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (13,965 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Official Playstation app for windows phone 8

And why would it make good marketing sense?  You can count the number of Windows Phone 8 users worldwide on one hand.  In fact same goes for Windows 8 and after that launch XBox One.  MS have really been stuffing up their product launches of late :smileytongue:

Personally I'd expect iOS and Android and question the value of developing for any of the other neche OS's (WP8, BB10, Ubuntu, Firefox, WebOS, etc)

----
Blog: http://consolegamer.me
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (13,947 Views)

Playstation Staff

i'm sure they will eventually companies (excepting Microsoft especially at E3) are mindful of their audience. Sony isnt going to exclude fans who own windows devices. at E3 when they announced the app they were facing the competition and weren't about to give them any props. even Microsoft didn't linger on the blu ray addition to the new console. sony most likely wont force their gamers to go buy new tablets or phones because there,s no guarantee the user will buy a sony phone or tablet so no profit either way. then again i could be wrong
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (13,767 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

As true as that might be right now, you have to remember that your are talking about windows.....not linux or chromium. iPhones might be used by more people than Windows phones, and windows sales might be down at the moment but there will never be a time when Macs outsell PCs. And it will not be long before the only option on a new PC is windows 8. People are not buying it now because it seems to different, and people are not always open to trying new things when they already know how to use something else. But people will always have to buy new computers so more and more people are going to be exposed to windows 8, and once they figure it out and see how simple it is they will be drawn to the windows phones....It has had a slow start but sales are picking up, more apps are available now and within te next couple of years im pretty sure that windows 8 phones will have a decent chunk of the smart phone market share......so making apps for the windows phone makes perfect marketing sense.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (13,643 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (12,889 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I doubt it but here's hoping.  I have a WP8 but won't be getting a Xbox One and I loathe Android and iOS so I'm not looking to switch.  I know Microsoft released their app on iOS and Android and Sony obviously makes PCs so I don't think I would rule it out.  Also, while I found this forum looking for any tips on this, I found that change.org petition.  Internet petitions almost never work but it at least can't hurt.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (12,514 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It's a disapointment they haven't released it on WP8. Can't be that hard to do...?

My contract isn't up till next Autum...so no app for me :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (12,504 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Im on a Windowns Phone Contract worst thing I ever got NOTHING comes to Windowns phone its just completely unsupported I cant wait to get shot of it in the summer.

A gamer not a fanboy
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (12,489 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It will happen that i am sure of. When? Not before the year is out, i'd say end of feb at a guesstimate.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (12,449 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I want the App for Windows 8.1 for my Tablet/Convertible and not for W8 Phone.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (8,294 Views)
0 Kudos