13 Nov 2013
Playstation Staff

PS4 HMV Pre- Orders

37 Replies 11,405 Views Created 13-11-2013

Just wondering if anyone on the forums has laid a deposit down at HMV for a ps4?

I did on the 4th July but have heard nothing. They took all my details but Ive had no phone call, email or  anything. Theres very little information on their twitter feed where they advise people to go for the latest news.

Has this just happened to me or is this a general thing with HMV. Ive always pre-ordered with them and usually the have been really good and kept me in the loop but it just seems since all their troubles the seem bad at communicating with people by giving very little information away. Staff in store never seem to be able to help either and usually just end up saying "come back in next week and we might know more".

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 38 (11,405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 HMV Pre- Orders

It's a general thing with HMV.

I preordered with them for PS Vita. Just turn up on the day basically after preordering.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 38 (11,398 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I didn't know they were even selling any, the website doesn't list any gaming products at all. In fact, it says "Games coming soon".
I assume you ordered in store? If so I would be re-visiting them
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 38 (11,390 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey,

Yes I've also pre-ordered my PS4 with HMV and they said we will ring you with news about upgrading to bundles etc. Did they? No

I wen't in store yesterday to my local branch (sheffield) and they said and i repeat "we will ring the manager and find out". so they took my details and later rang me. they said this on the phone even though i pre-ordered several months back that im not garenteed a PS4 and that their wont be a midnight launch...

Useless only reason why i bought with them was so i could get it at midnight launch.

Looks like ill be getting up at 6am to que up for my PS4 -.-

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 38 (11,321 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Im going to be cancelling my pre-order dont want one now after they announced you cant stream content on your home network, greedy Sony strike again this is one console i WILL NOT be supporting now. It just adds to the Sony hate keep doing what ya doing you losers!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 38 (11,313 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Madjoe79 wrote:

Im going to be cancelling my pre-order dont want one now after they announced you cant stream content on your home network, greedy Sony strike again this is one console i WILL NOT be supporting now. It just adds to the Sony hate keep doing what ya doing you losers!!!!

Oh goody another PS4 freed up for someone more deserving :BigGrin:

Byeeeeeeeeeeee :Thumbs:

A gamer not a fanboy
Message 6 of 38 (11,249 Views)

Playstation Staff

I Pre-ordered mine in July at Hmv too, Newcastle store and they are having a midnight launch and have guaranteed my launch console.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 38 (11,233 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I've just spoke to hmv in liverpool after pre ordering my ps4 back at the start of august and the guy I spoke to said that anyone who pre ordered their ps4 before the 6th of aug deadline SHOULD get theirs release day. The guy I spoke too also said they had only just found out how many xbones they was actually getting and ringing around everyone who'd pre ordered one to see what packages they wanted.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 38 (11,176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Glad it's not just me then.

I have pre-ordered from HMV Oxford street, the apparent flagship store, and even they don't have any information yet. I preordered on the 6th of June, so getting this close to the launch and hearing nothing is rather worrying.

Couldnt organise a ***** up in a brewery that lot....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 38 (11,088 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I don't understand why anyone would pre order with a shop teetering on the edge of ruin on a daily basis.

Most hmv's I used to use are empty and have been most of 2013.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 38 (11,066 Views)
0 Kudos