27 Sep 2013

Playstation Staff

PS4 PAY TO PLAY ?

15 Replies 1,512 Views Created 27-09-2013

Hello some one told me yesterday that the playstation 4 will be pay to play online , that you have to buy ps plus to play select games , the good games ,  is this true ?

i want to no if this is true so i can cancell my pre order for the ps4 .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16 (1,512 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 PAY TO PLAY ?

You have ti have ps plus to play online multiplayer in games but you dont need it for anything else. You can still use the store, party chat and play games single player
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (1,509 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Tazmania83 wrote:

Hello some one told me yesterday that the playstation 4 will be pay to play online , that you have to buy ps plus to play select games , the good games ,  is this true ?

i want to no if this is true so i can cancell my pre order for the ps4 .

No it is not true. You need PS+ to play the online portion of games now. So games like CoD, BF4, AC4 single player can still be played without PS+, but if you want to play those games multiplayer then you need PS+. You dont need PS+ to play free to play games like Warframe, Planetside 2 etc. or to access services like Netflix. Seems your friend was somewhat 'misinformed'.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16 (1,502 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

exactly, it's half true. If you don't know what PS+ is, research it a bit more as it's very good value.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (1,498 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

And you get free games with PS+.

First party PS4 games.jpg

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Drive Club PS+ edition for one.

it stuns me people pre-order things without researching or posting the above this late after these type of announcements originally come out.

I think I'll avoid this sub-forum because no doubt the next one will be - Why doesn't my PS3 games work on the PS4 - RAGE!!

Just like it was with PS2 -> PS3
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16 (1,483 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I was a bit disappointed when I found out what the OP just has. When people asked me what console I used, I enjoyed replying, 'a PS3 of course; why would I pay for my internet connection twice?'

I'm not sure I'll bother with PS+. Unless the benefits are very clear I may stick to the PC for online gaming, and therefore only have to pay once.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16 (1,433 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

If its do important that you'll cancel your preorder, why couldn't you have spent 30 seconds googling it?
Either you are (another)troll trying to get a reaction(congrats if you are), or you're incredibly lazy. Or you're just not intelligent enough to find out answers for yourself, but seeing as you can type I'm going for one of the first 2.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (1,423 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

With the PS+ discounts

Digital game rentalswhilst you sub (you loose access when sub runs out that's why i say rental) for ps3/ps vita/ps4

Cloud save storage

All for £40 a year bargin if you ask me, and hopefuly give sony the money the can invest in the network an get gaikai over here quicker than we don't know to many different laws and internet speeds yet the uk has better avaerage speed than the US

Though i am not getting ps4 till next year

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (1,400 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

With the PS+ discounts

Digital game rentalswhilst you sub (you loose access when sub runs out that's why i say rental) for ps3/ps vita/ps4

Cloud save storage

All for £40 a year bargin if you ask me, and hopefuly give sony the money the can invest in the network an get gaikai over here quicker than we don't know to many different laws and internet speeds yet the uk has better avaerage speed than the US

Though i am not getting ps4 till next year

Like you I didn't get round to pre-ordering, and I'm not going to run round like a headless chicken trying to find one now. This means I'll have the time to look out for deals; I'm expecting xmas deals on a PS4 with some PS+ thrown in, so I guess I'll see any benefits that way. £40 a year doesn't sound so bad if they use a little of it to pimp their network I guess.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16 (1,388 Views)
0 Kudos