TheDudeAhmed
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28 (1,342 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 Premium Package

Memory cards are indeed a pain,but once you get over that the Vita is a great piece of kit.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28 (1,319 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Don't even know what memory card I have in mine but it never gets full, mainly because I delete games after I complete them. Also got a free copy of Everybodys Golf with it so not bad at all :smileyvery-happy:

EDIT: Just checked

16GB card and 5GB left.

and I have to complete still on my Vita:

Virtues Last Reward
MGS HD
Wipeout (completed need to delete)

and I have other games like TOM Blitz, Lumines, Jetpack Joyride, Zen Pinball 2, Samurai Beatdown and OMG-Zombies aswell as Music Unlimited (guessing the offline playlists save to the Vita somehow?)

So yeah, 16GB I have and it seems like ample for me so far, cost about 45€ with Everybodys Golf worth 20€. Although those who would never delete games then yes, it would probably end up filling up if you buy lots of downloadables or add your own music and videos.

and to the original OP

If I didn't already have a Vita I would seriously consider a Vita PS4 pack. If they pushed the advantages of owning both before release so consumers understand well the advantages then it could sell if it saves them 100 or so on buying them seperate.

I think a PS4/Vita pack 100 more than just the PS4 on its own would be a good price.

EDIT AGAIN:

Oh and the trade in price for the Vita would need to be checked, that could end up getting me 40€ profit if I traded a Vita for 100+ then got the PS4 and Vita pack lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28 (1,293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

That was a good deal TP my 16gig cost me €50 just for the card,where do you shop ? Lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28 (1,286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Game Spain :smileytongue: Everything is expensive here though when it comes down to gaming, prices hardly ever vary from place to place.

16GB now is 38 quid on Amazon.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28 (1,283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Been thinking about getting a vita, might just take the plunge with ps4
lifes a lot like toilet paper your either on a roll or taking crap from someone
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28 (1,259 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

TINTINTB303 wrote:

You raise some interesting points. Some I agree with and some, not so much.

At least I get where you are coming from this time. :smileywink:

No problem, glad I could clarify where I'm coming from.

So, which points don't you agree with?

The main point being that I think Sony are the ones in a position to offer a real value package more so than any retailer.

For arguments sake lets say they release a premium PS4/Vita package and it's only £100 more than just the PS4 on its own then I think we would see a massive influx of people picking up a package like that. I fear that a retailer alone could never offer the savings that Sony could potentially pass on to the end consumer.

Just a thought. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28 (1,218 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

TINTINTB303 wrote:

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

TINTINTB303 wrote:

You raise some interesting points. Some I agree with and some, not so much.

At least I get where you are coming from this time. :smileywink:

No problem, glad I could clarify where I'm coming from.

So, which points don't you agree with?

The main point being that I think Sony are the ones in a position to offer a real value package more so than any retailer.

For arguments sake lets say they release a premium PS4/Vita package and it's only £100 more than just the PS4 on its own then I think we would see a massive influx of people picking up a package like that. I fear that a retailer alone could never offer the savings that Sony could potentially pass on to the end consumer.

Just a thought. :smileyhappy:

In almost every other sector I'd agree with you. However, in the console sector I actually think you're wrong. The manufacturers quite often already lose money on the systems themselves, and aim to make that back by the sale of software. The razorblade principle. It's actually retailers who have headroom, or profit margins, so retailers could choose to eat into those margins if they so choose. Sony are likely to be eating a big loss already on the PS Vita and PS4 when it eventually launches. So what possible savings could a bundled box offer Sony? Packaging, and potentially shipping, if we're talking volume cost shipping as opposed to weight, although most shipping firms work mainly off of weight now, so that'd be negligible. In truth it'd be peanuts. Maybe a couple of quid at best. Certainly wouldn't make production of either system cheaper now would it? So in effect a bundle like you suggest would ask them to eat an even bigger loss. Not sure that's wise, or indeed desirable at the lanch of a system that Sony will already be eating massive losses over.

However, for a retailer sitting on stockpiles of PS Vita's that have taken up shelf space (a cost) storage space (a further cost) and haven't been able to shift them I think the incentive for stores to bundle the system at sale with the PS4 might actually be really quite high. They want to see that store space they've devoted to PS Vita start to offer them a return, the linkages with PS4 might just give them the opportunity they need to shift wasted stock and get another revenue stream started. So as I say retailers possibly have a bigger incentive and indeed scope for coming up with instore bundles themselves.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28 (1,214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

'IF' every PS4 game(& every other content on the PS4) can be played on the PSVita via 'Remote Play' then i would buy a 'Premium Package' DAY 1 :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28 (1,206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Vita doesn't have any good games so using it as an additional controller for PS4 with a screen would be ideal.
Next-Gen Console Picks: Nintendo Wii U & Sony PS4!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28 (1,189 Views)
0 Kudos