03 Mar 2013
By: Enzo-Amata Member 971 Posts
Level 3

PS4 Trophies

41 Replies 3,486 Views Created 03-03-2013
Does anyone have information on how our trophies will be handled when moving over from PS3 to PS4?

I'm hoping I can delete games from my trophy list that I didn't play but just tried, the ones I have like 1%.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 42 (3,486 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: PS4 Trophies

Doubt we'll find that out till release, its not really ground breaking, console defining news lol.

If the PS4 let's you keep your current PSN account then it'll probably keep a record, which would be nice but I won't lose any sleep over it.
SPLITTERS!!JOIN THE REVOLUCION
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 42 (3,470 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I hope they separate them, would be nice to start a fresh.
You can't save time only spend it.
Sneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 42 (3,456 Views)
Level 7

doubt you will be able to delete any 1% trophy lists as you have gained trophies, hopefully they can remove the 0%'s as youve not gained any.

people saying about a fresh start, why not make a new account? others want to keep our names and carry on with them, or be able to name change with all progress on our accounts still intact
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 42 (3,444 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I agree. I think it would be a mistake to force people to start again, I understand trophies don't have any value but they do give you some kind of reference when meeting another player as to how much they play and how dedicated they might be by their level and the amount of Platinums they've gained. I'm hoping for a way to possibly change names but maintain/clean up the trophies I already got.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 42 (3,440 Views)
Level 3

I don't mean they should wipe our trophy counts, instead i would prefer it if you can see how many trophies a person has earned on the PS4, and then an expanded overview that shows total trophies collected over the different platforms.
Sneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 42 (3,414 Views)
Level 3

Vita trophies show up with a Vita tag so it would be safe to assume that they could do the same when moving to the PS4.

I was wondering if there were any blog posts about how they'll handle the move to PS4 and if trophies were mentioned.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 42 (3,411 Views)
Level 3

Probably will be revealed at E3.
Sneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 42 (3,403 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

No point in keeping old trophies when there is new games... If there is no BC then why should gamers keep their old trophies. PS4 is all about starting from scratch. If we are going to keep opld trophies I would expect to have BC so we can carry on collecting the trophies from that game, since there is no BC then whats the point in the old trophies?

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 42 (3,395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

BigMoab wrote:

No point in keeping old trophies when there is new games... If there is no BC then why should gamers keep their old trophies. PS4 is all about starting from scratch. If we are going to keep opld trophies I would expect to have BC so we can carry on collecting the trophies from that game, since there is no BC then whats the point in the old trophies?

Am not sure if am losing it. But am pretty sure Sony said you can stream PS3 games on the PS4 via Gaikai. So you will be able to play PS3 games that way and earn trophies.

You earn Achievements on onlive so I don't see why you can earn trophies via steaming PS3 games via Gaikai.

PS4 best console ever! Deep Down Exclusive, Drive Club Exclusive, Planetside 2 PS4/PC Exclusive YEAR OF THE PS4!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 42 (3,390 Views)