PlayStation®4

PS4 General

PS4 General

12 Jun 2013
By: eimantaslad01 Member 11 Posts

PS4: Will you have to pay for PSN/Online multiplayer?

[ Edited ]
127 Replies 170831 Views edited 12-06-2013

I don't usually spend time on these forums, so excuse me if I am posting in the wrong section.

The question that I want to ask is,

Is there going to be a required fee to play online multiplayer on the PS4? (Such as Xbox Live???)

I have heard that Online Play may be charged for as a part of Playstation Plus??

Someone help, I am really confuse. Please explain in as much detail as you can.

/Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 128 (170,831 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: PS4: Will you have to pay for PSN/Online multiplayer?

yes to play online through ps4 you will need ps+,but from what i understand it goes on your account not your console so if you have a ps3 and vita you will have ps+ across all of them and get all the benefits like the free games.

you will still be able to access psn for free and send and recieve messages but not online gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 128 (170,824 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Yes PS+ will be required for online play you'll still be able to access other feature just not online play without subscription to PS+, but there's plenty of other benefits included with a PS+ subscription including free games, discounts and betas. One subscription covers PS3, PS4 and PSVita so great value if you own all three.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 128 (170,813 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

It goes on your console too, meaning any other account holders on your system can also play online on their accounts.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 128 (170,812 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thanks for the feedback!

I was a little worried that the fee may be a little costly, but now I don't mind.

With all the bonus features, it seems like a bang for your buck!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 128 (170,806 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

Im not happy with pay 2 play, don't get me wrong the benefits outways the cons 10 fold and im not currently a plus subscriber on the PS3 but probably would have purchased it on the PS4 because of the content that was with the PS3 plus subscription. Anyways i have no choice in the matter now.

What i really [DELETED] about and i know its been going on for years is how the UK probably pays more for the same service PS plus and the games used to play, the console is more expensive here than in the USA and so will the PS4 plus.

My friends can rent a film off PSN store for $3.99 in USA and same film will cost me 3.99GBP in UK thats over 1.00GBP dearer closer to 1.50GBP if im honest, And now making us pay 2 play online while they take already what seems to be a mountain of [DELETED] From us is unbelievable.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 128 (170,765 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Small price to pay for our freedom and if they get comms like Xbl has I'm more than happy to pay £39.99 and unlike Xbox live you get free games and discounts over all systems you own for one price. Just bought vita and waiting for ps4 360 already gone

Fall Into a Ditch Makes you Wiser
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 128 (170,679 Views)
0 Kudos

KlashnacovAK47 wrote:

Im not happy with pay 2 play, don't get me wrong the benefits outways the cons 10 fold and im not currently a plus subscriber on the PS3 but probably would have purchased it on the PS4 because of the content that was with the PS3 plus subscription. Anyways i have no choice in the matter now.

What i really p***** off about and i know its been going on for years is how the UK probably pays more for the same service PS plus and the games used to play, the console is more expensive here than in the USA and so will the PS4 plus.

My friends can rent a film off PSN store for $3.99 in USA and same film will cost me 3.99GBP in UK thats over 1.00GBP dearer closer to 1.50GBP if im honest, And now making us pay 2 play online while they take already what seems to be a mountain of p*** from us is unbelievable.

Well each region has a slightly different service of PS Plus.

A great article by IGN identifies the pros and cons of each region's version of what you get with your Plus subscription.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/11/playstation-plus-around-the-world-with-many-games

"Japan’s lineup is sure to please import gamers, focusing on providing a cornucopia of titles from PS1, PS2, PC Engine, and Neo Geo (many of which are still exclusive to the region) along with a few notable releases on PS3 and the portables."

North America, on the other hand, provides the most diverse set of content on PS Plus, leveraging one of the best lineups of PlayStation Network titles available on the service as well as providing ample opportunities for subscribers to check out PS3 titles they may have missed at retail.

In terms of sheer gaming value for the money, though, the European store is tough to beat. With the abundance of newer PS3 titles regularly posted on the Instant Game Collection along with its abundant portable offerings, it’s more than worth its annual asking price of £39.99."

And that is before being announced that the subscription includes PS4 ^

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 128 (170,670 Views)
0 Kudos

We have to unite! they make 5 dollars pr. machine thats 200 MILLION dollars, 5 ¤ 40,000,000 = 200 millions and people just say oh thats cheap, but we are talking about 200 mils here, and i wont get it, and if you support this new policy they will add more fees like never before...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 128 (170,647 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I've never been interested in PS+ purely because my internet is terrible so downloading games that are 5gb+ will take me days and I'm not really interested in the games being offered. What will PS+ do to improve my experience with my connection speed so I can take full advantage of the subscription? Not really sure if this would be considered a stupid question or not.

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 128 (170,619 Views)
0 Kudos