Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 and Sony Pulse Elite headset?

This sucks balls as I don't see the big hype paying £20-£100 pound for a stereo headset to look like a helicopter pilot with a wire trailing across my living room floor can I at least plug a better headset in to the pad ?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 48 (2,154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

rodregez wrote:
This sucks balls as I don't see the big hype paying £20-£100 pound for a stereo headset to look like a helicopter pilot with a wire trailing across my living room floor can I at least plug a better headset in to the pad ?

Helicopter pilots have wireless RF headsets with Multi channel audio and VR head up displays now.

You can connect your own mic and speaker but make sure its not a 2.5mm jack headset or youll need an adapter...

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast... and TV from Sky PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 48 (2,140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Bro, so is it a bad idea to get the pulse elite for the upcoming PS4 right now?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 48 (2,106 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

cnx2022 wrote:

Bro, so is it a bad idea to get the pulse elite for the upcoming PS4 right now?

Exclusively for the PS4, yes.  

If you don't have PS3, PS vita, then buying now is not required...

Once the Feature is confirmed for release to PS4 with a Date of firmware release...you should buy

There could also be a better headset released before the PS4 gets compliance with the Pulse. 

Hopefully the Dongle on the Headset will be redesigned again not to be as fragile as it is...

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 48 (2,101 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Wow. that was quicker than I thought..:cathappy: Thanks for the expresso reply.

Yeah, i was going to buy them exclusively for the PS4, but I guesss I'll hold on that then. I would not mind that there would not be immediate compatability, but now it worries me that they might never make them compatible.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 48 (2,090 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 48 (2,085 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have read that you will be able to use the Pulse Elite just not wirelessly after the 1.5 patch. You can just plug in the audio cable that comes with the headset into the PS4 controller. Is that possible?
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 48 (2,084 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

TraPpGirrl wrote:
I have read that you will be able to use the Pulse Elite just not wirelessly after the 1.5 patch. You can just plug in the audio cable that comes with the headset into the PS4 controller. Is that possible?

The jack port on the Pulse head set is for audio in only the mic don't work... Via it...

This is the same as plugin any 3.5mm Headphones to your TV headphones socket.

As you said its just an expensive wired headphones then.

Nobody should be buying this headset for the 2.0 audio, you can get from the HDTV head phone socket...

PS There is no elite version in EU it was only added to US box as US users are to dumb to notice the difference with out it... lol  Thats SCEA for you, insult the buyer before purchase and hope they don't notice...

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 48 (2,068 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

This is a total bummer, i plugged my headset in while booting up KZ shadowfall and it told me its not supported.

I had also read before launch that it would be supported.

Hope a fix is coming soon.

Now i just have a $120 useless headset sittin around.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 48 (1,776 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

even after the patch they don't work.  says device not supported apparently i am the only person on earth to complain

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 48 (1,674 Views)
0 Kudos