18 Nov 2013
By Piler

Playstation Staff

PS4 audio issue

6 Replies 465 Views Created 18-11-2013
I am running my ps4 video and audio straight to my sony bravia tv through a single hdmi cable. It seems like the system think it is hooked up to surround sound, making certain sounds almost impossible to hear (enemy gunfire in cod ghosts).

On ps3 I could manually set the audio to output to 2 channels, but it's not an option (that i can find ) on ps4. Is there a fix for this? Or am I stuck with horrible audio unless using my headset?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (465 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 audio issue

Have you tried altering the audio output settings on your TV? There may be something that's suppressing certain aspects maybe?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (463 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I went in and tried every setting paired with every ps4 setting all with similar results. I have a sony bravia kdl47w802a which has their 'a force' 2 speaker surroubd and It seems like the ps4 things it's a 5 speaker system.

I had the same issue with ps3 but was able to fix it by selecting 2 channel audio.. But ps4 doesn't seem to have this setting, only the auto detection
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (436 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Edit: s-force, not a-force
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I only noticed same problem when watching bluray & was looking for just TV set up like ps3! Must be missing something here but I did look through various options!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have same problem on my tv .... when playing for example fifa 14 i dont hear commentary when connecting ear set i dont have the problem ... anyone any idea what this can be....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Only problem with audio i have is even though my PS4 is set to output through optical, it still outputs through HDMI also so i get it through my tv aswell rather than just surround
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (197 Views)
0 Kudos