18 Nov 2013
By Piler

Playstation Staff

PS4 audio issue

6 Replies 479 Views Created 18-11-2013
I am running my ps4 video and audio straight to my sony bravia tv through a single hdmi cable. It seems like the system think it is hooked up to surround sound, making certain sounds almost impossible to hear (enemy gunfire in cod ghosts).

On ps3 I could manually set the audio to output to 2 channels, but it's not an option (that i can find ) on ps4. Is there a fix for this? Or am I stuck with horrible audio unless using my headset?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (479 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 audio issue

Have you tried altering the audio output settings on your TV? There may be something that's suppressing certain aspects maybe?
Coming soon... ULTIMATE OPC STAR!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (477 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I went in and tried every setting paired with every ps4 setting all with similar results. I have a sony bravia kdl47w802a which has their 'a force' 2 speaker surroubd and It seems like the ps4 things it's a 5 speaker system.

I had the same issue with ps3 but was able to fix it by selecting 2 channel audio.. But ps4 doesn't seem to have this setting, only the auto detection
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (450 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Edit: s-force, not a-force
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (448 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I only noticed same problem when watching bluray & was looking for just TV set up like ps3! Must be missing something here but I did look through various options!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (274 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have same problem on my tv .... when playing for example fifa 14 i dont hear commentary when connecting ear set i dont have the problem ... anyone any idea what this can be....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Only problem with audio i have is even though my PS4 is set to output through optical, it still outputs through HDMI also so i get it through my tv aswell rather than just surround
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (211 Views)
0 Kudos