02 Dec 2013
By Andybx
Playstation Staff

PS4 keeps crashing and rebuilding database

9 Replies 1,768 Views Created 02-12-2013

PS4 keeps crashing and rebuilding database...........started playing Batttlefield and since then I get that!!

Anyone else had this?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (1,768 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 keeps crashing and rebuilding database

[ Edited ]

it sounds like you might have a corrupt hard drive and you might need to format and reinstall all yours apps

edit: speak to support first before trying the above as they might have a less drastic approach

Prepare Yourself!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (1,762 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I dont have BF4.. It happened once when I wanted to load Ghosts but thats it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (1,759 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I don't even HAVE BF4. Just NFS:Rivals, Ghosts, Resogun, Warframe, and Contrast. I can't play ANYTHING but NFS. Warframe crashes and gives me error XXX878-0 and sends me back to the main menu.  Resogun gets stuck at the loading screen after I beat the first level. Ghosts will load up to the main menu, but if I select anything, it closes but doesn't give an error. If it DOESN'T close, I get a disc read error that prevents me from going on multiplayer. I hav'en't even tried Contrast.

I called sony and they gave me this BS solution about rebuilding the database after starting in safemode. (that would be the "less drastic" solution). Now I'm "Initializing" (aka full formatting) the system. If that doesn't work I'll be asking for a refund.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (1,717 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Don't think its a corrupt Harddrive just BF corrupted some data on there.....been fine since but lost my BF game save. Seems to be a common problem with BF but will keep an eye on it. Going to get a new HD for Xmas anyway the 500GB is way to small!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (1,710 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Had same happen to me tonight on bf4 n lost my save
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (1,699 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yep! Funnily enough my BF4 crashed last night and the PS4 asked me to send an error message, so I did.

NETFLIX also froze on me the first day, controller stopped responding, power button wouldn't reset the PS4, so I had to pull out the power cable at the back. Don't like doing that but it doesn't seem to have caused any damage.

Hopefully these things will get stabled out over time, it still is early days.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (1,650 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

What do you do when it crashed? Mine always crashes and it forces me to unplug the power cable. But I always think it's gonna break if I keep unplugging it. Is there something else u can do? Tried holding on/off button but didn't reset it or anything etc.
 photo titel_derek4.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (1,171 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Was only the game that crashed and then forced the PS4 to rebuild the database!! I have found that the problem was Battlefield causing the crashes but hasn't happened for a while.

Is there a pattern with your crashes? does it only happen when playing a certain game?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (1,143 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Nope really random, probably about 6 times this week.

once loading netflix, once seting up a network connection, some games but mainly just random! 

but everytime i unplug it i dread that it will break. no other way though is there to turn it back off and on during a crash?

photo titel_derek4.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (1,096 Views)
0 Kudos