20 Jun 2013
By: Phillyblunz Member 12 Posts
Level 1

PS4 ports once and for all

5 Replies 725 Views Created 20-06-2013

I heard PS4 will have A/V output for SD tv's.

The pictures of the console show no A/V port.

Some Sony officials have stated it will be there.

Whats the truth here?  Can anyone post a link to something official?

I also saw an interview where they were filming the PS4 and they said they were not allowed to show the back of the console?????  IS this because Sony is going to add an A/V port?

Help me out here guys, also will the PS4 have HDMI1.4 or HDMI2.0?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (725 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: PS4 ports once and for all

I read the HDMI is 1.4 for both PS4 & Xbox One. Apparently the 2.0 is not finalised but may be by the time it's released. Or it may come in a future revision in the future. However nothing is confirmed.

Sony had confirmed though it is HDMI only output no AV.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (714 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I think most people will be using HDMI anyway.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (671 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Didn't think anyone still used SD seeing as HD tv's are so cheap these days. The pictures etc all show no AV port but remember all the port's the PS3 was announced with hdmi in, hdmi out, av, optical, usbs on back. It shipped with half a number of these so im guessing are subject to change
DeludedGaming the best gaming site around
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (648 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

For the people with old none HDTV's could they not just buy one of these things?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-Converter-Adapter-quality-converter/dp/B007WRPJX2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electro...

A little expensive but am sure they can be found cheaper.

PS4 best console ever! Deep Down Exclusive, Drive Club Exclusive, Planetside 2 PS4/PC Exclusive YEAR OF THE PS4!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (630 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

born2destroy wrote:
Didn't think anyone still used SD seeing as HD tv's are so cheap these days. The pictures etc all show no AV port but remember all the port's the PS3 was announced with hdmi in, hdmi out, av, optical, usbs on back. It shipped with half a number of these so im guessing are subject to change

Exactly what I thought. If you can afford to spend £350 on a games console why not wait a little while and spend the money on a new HDTV? What's the point in buying an HD games console if you can't get the most out of it. If you curently have a PS3, buy a new HDTV and you can enjoy using that a lot more until you've saved back up for a PS4.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (595 Views)
0 Kudos