18 Aug 2013
By bcfc545
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

PS4 remote control

14 Replies 2,971 Views Created 18-08-2013

Will the PS4 have a remote control?

I used my PS2 remote to control the PS2 and when the PS3 came out I used my PS3 remote control 99% of the time to control my PlayTV etc

Is there plans for a PS4 remote?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (2,971 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 remote control

Kinda hope the PS3 remote will work. I got one and use it for blurays etc... and its great. Be a shame to have to buy another one.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (2,908 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'd like to have the BD remote work onnPS4 as trade in for will be pennies and it works really well and Move works then why not I say.

I am dyslexic, and a bad typist too. Please bear with me if my spelling's a bit off. I do try. Thanks.

Come see my YouTube channel DWTKSW
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (2,842 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Pretty unfair to compare Move to a Blu-ray control. Move is a game control, that cost a shedload to develop, and is pretty much spot on in terms of tech.

The PS3 remote will be no better than the PS4 remote, but it'll cost peanuts to design, peanuts to make, and will easily bring in (I would guess) 100% profit per unit sold.

We'll see a PS4 control, and it will be £25-30. Just like that lil plastic stand... I reckon that will be £10-15.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (2,806 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Sill use my ps2 remote and love my ps3 remote for netflix

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (2,679 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

100% profit?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (2,665 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Is there no support for the BD Remote I used with my PS3's? Why not? I get it that the controller is an upgrade and not backwards compatible with ps3's controllers. Not being able to play ps3 games on the ps4 was an unexpected turd that I guess I should have reseached before I purchased the console. Why hate the upgrader?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (2,284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I totally agree that for a system that is designed to sit in the living room and therefore be a games console and a blu ray player not having a remote control is poor. I know my girlfriend who has no interest in gaming but does want to watch films will be less than impressed and if the PS4 is to become really popular it has to have a broad appeal to a household and not just a gamer.

It wont stop me buying a PS4 but not allowing people to use the PS3 remote strikes as a low blow as surely its a software issue and easily solvable?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (2,275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I would have liked my BD remote to work, hopefully a new remote will come out soon.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (2,269 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

utio wrote:
100% profit?

£10 to make, £20 to sell  :smileyhappy: At least... I'd expect the margins to be wider than that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (2,242 Views)
0 Kudos