PlayStation®4

PS4 General

PS4 General

14 Apr 2013
By: pager99 Member 594 Posts
Level 3

PS4 username, will you change it?

43 Replies 3747 Views Created 14-04-2013

IF sony allows you to change your user id will you change it and if so what will you change it to?

Me personally i would love to change it , ive narrowed it down to two, either baffledduck or frazzledfrog help me decide which one.

lifes a lot like toilet paper your either on a roll or taking crap from someone
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 44 (3,747 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: PS4 username, will you change it?

pager99 wrote:

IF sony allows you to change your user id will you change it and if so what will you change it to?

Me personally i would love to change it , ive narrowed it down to two, either baffledduck or frazzledfrog help me decide which one.

I hope so because i just used the names you came up with to make me and my brother PSN accounts:Thumbs:thanks for that.

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 44 (3,737 Views)
Level 3

I hope your joking lol
lifes a lot like toilet paper your either on a roll or taking crap from someone
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 44 (3,717 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]
From what I understood from the PS4 recent event we will now be using our real names as our users names.If this isn't how it's going to be can someone clarify ,as for one I don't wish to use my real name online.
Regarding the question in the thread if you don't like your current user name just change it unless of course something like trophys which don't Exsist and mean nothing whatsoever in reality mean something to you.
My real name is Tiny Kox so it wouldn't be very enjoyable for me to use my real name online.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 44 (3,699 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Real names usage can be turned off as announced at the Game Developers Conference.

Would I change my name? Hmmmmmmmm

No.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 44 (3,682 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

TalllPaul wrote:
Real names usage can be turned off as announced at the Game Developers Conference.

No.

What if you shrunk?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 44 (3,671 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

adge_uk wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:

No.

What if you shrunk?

Then I would keep the name to keep my confidence up :smileytongue:

Thinking about it, if I could change it, and I was quick (depending on worldwide release and all that) I would choose what I orignally wanted, EyeballPaul :smileyvery-happy:

Not sure how that would work as that is already taken via PSN now, so I assume it would need to be changed by that user for it to become available.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 44 (3,664 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Dibs on stabbed jawa.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 44 (3,650 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Are PSN accounts going to be carried over? I want to assume not because PS3 games won't be compatible, making the trophies pointless. Any news on this?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 44 (3,641 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I had assumed that the PSN accounts would carry over. Can't really think of a good reason why not. The trophy information is part of you gamer ID in my book, so I'd want that carried over even if the games don't play on the new system. I'm sure the same PSN ID is used for both PS3 and PSP now, which are effectively two separate systems.

Anyhow, the other reason for carrying over existing PSN accounts is the big unknown that is Gaikai and how that my use the data, maybe for BC purposes?

I don't think Sony have made any official noises besides optional full names, social networking integration and screen shots of abnormally high trophy counts for a brand new system.
----
Blog: http://consolegamer.me
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 44 (3,638 Views)
0 Kudos