21 Feb 2013
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

PS4 will be sold with a headset

16 Replies 2,513 Views Created 21-02-2013

Oh yes, the PS4 will be sold bundled with a headset :smileyvery-happy: Great idea :smileyvery-happy:

"A headset will be bundled with PlayStation 4, enabling gamers to chat with friends during online gaming and to hear sound effects from the controller."

eu blog

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (2,513 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PS4 will be sold with a headset

I think the headset is used to join the Borg collective, so I won't be using it.

I much prefer solitary confinement, to screaming gamers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (2,504 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

ps3 should have had one with the console so it's only right the ps4 will have one, so about time.

remembers all the quiet games where people were suppose to work as a team but every one went off on thier own. And when some one talked you nearly died of shock horror that you die in game :smileywink:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (2,448 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The PS3 was sold of the back of the...User customisation... That was its gimmick... 

You don't need to buy a keyboard just plug in that old USB keyboard from the P4 tower you never used any more. 

Got a BT mobile phone with BT headset, don't buy a new one connect with your phone headset...

And the Biggest one...

Want to play FPS with a Mouse, Don't go out and buy a new mouse take any USB mouse and play UT3 on day one with your PC mouse... (UT3 massively delayed, SCE keyboard released for CS:GO, yep delayed for ever in EU. yet still no SCE mouse released.)

Users are to lazy swap devices each time... 

Plus BT quality was rubbish walked past the door out the room and the headset lost connection most times...

Unlike RF dongle  headsets which just work.... While you boil the kettle... For the super noodles...

(Because you have not hit the mute button)

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner.
Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user. Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (2,428 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

One of the best things Sony can do to be honest lol.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (2,328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm just hoping my Turtle Beach headphones will work with it ;-)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (2,309 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I use the turtle beach px5 headset I think Bluetooth will be on the ps4 so should be all good to pair up and use. :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (2,302 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah same he with the PX5's. I hope so, they probably will to be fair.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (2,298 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

That's great news for those who want to talk, me? I like the peace and quiet so I don't need one lol.

Add me :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (2,291 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I always thought that was a missed trick on PS3. With the 360 providing a headset, it created a sense of community. It's great to see they'll be providing one for PS4.

I hope they provide a headset that plugs into the controller though. Nothing worse than poor quality bluetooth or wireless when gaming.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (2,280 Views)
0 Kudos