23 Jun 2013

Playstation Staff

Paying for online for ps4

50 Replies 1,604 Views Created 23-06-2013
I am not the best speller sorry for any words i messed up on.Why do people keep getting mad for havein to pay for online theres goodd sides to it like better psn security and they might have the money to pay game companys for early dlc content and they will be avable to do a lot more i think this is a good move for sony.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 51 (1,604 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: Paying for online for ps4

Simple Reason - People got used to it being free....

I'm sure there was a similar backlash when Xbox introduced it.... It'll pass.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 51 (1,591 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

In a year or two this sort of conversation will cease to exist. We've had it good for years, nothing last forever.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 51 (1,569 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

it is not a good move to force people into paying for something they don't want. giving a choice like we have with the ps3 is a good move. i am not interested in the rent games ps+ offer or its other services. i buy my game on disc because i want to own them. i am only interested in playing online, games of today have no dedicated servers they are p2p and you use your own bandwidth. i should be able to experience the full game when i pay 60 dollars for it. it is as simple as that...

i guess a lot of people got blinded by the e3 show of sony, when ms was the bad guy that threaten the whole gaming hobby with drm. but ms have done a 180 u-turn on the drm. so what happen now is that ms have it like they have had it with their x360. and it is now sony that have put down restrictions and put online gaming behind a pay wall.. it is not right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 51 (1,560 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The simple thing to do is, if you don't like it, don't get it. Nobody is forcing you to. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 51 (1,550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Paying for online = better support and more reliable online.

Its around £2-3 a month. Worth it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 51 (1,529 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

liamnash07 wrote:

The simple thing to do is, if you don't like it, don't get it. Nobody is forcing you to. 

yes that is excatly what is gonna happen, people may just go elsewhere to do their gaming or be fench sitters and keep their ps3. sony would had packed a better punch at launch if the have had it like they had on the ps3. buying a ps4 at launce for me is out of question, i will just stick with my ps3 for now..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 51 (1,526 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

gotta say im already a ps+ subscriber and will continue to be one as the benefits far outweight anything else but i think sony should have kept PSN free

it was a major selling point for the ps3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just seen Mr T getting some petrol. I pity the Fuel.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 51 (1,518 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

RONNYNS wrote:
it is not a good move to force people into paying for something they don't want. giving a choice like we have with the ps3 is a good move. i am not interested in the rent games ps+ offer or its other services. i buy my game on disc because i want to own them. i am only interested in playing online, games of today have no dedicated servers they are p2p and you use your own bandwidth. i should be able to experience the full game when i pay 60 dollars for it. it is as simple as that...

i guess a lot of people got blinded by the e3 show of sony, when ms was the bad guy that threaten the whole gaming hobby with drm. but ms have done a 180 u-turn on the drm. so what happen now is that ms have it like they have had it with their x360. and it is now sony that have put down restrictions and put online gaming behind a pay wall.. it is not right.

I was never interested in PS+ as well. I always buy disc and my Internet is just too bad to download some of the bigger games that come with the pay service. I did like the fact it was optional and with PS+ supposedly being popular now I was first shocked at the news as to why they would charge if it was doing so well. Obviously now I just deal with it and cannot wait for the PS4 to arrive but as long as I see my money going to a better future for Sony Online and it's services then I am very happy, I would like to see Sony do well so hopefully I can do my bit for the company.

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 51 (1,520 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The money made from PS+ will help Sony develop better services. Networking services cost money to run and it's no surprised that Sony charge for online gaming. You have to remember the extras you also get from PS+ so paying £3-4 a month is not bad all.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 51 (1,509 Views)
0 Kudos