03 Jul 2013
Playstation Staff

Playstation eye vs Kinect 2 and controllers...my thoughts and opinions

16 Replies 947 Views Created 03-07-2013
I think it’s a great thing that Sony didnt bundle in the eye with every ps4. Now less games will suck because of it.
Every game that I’ve ever played that uses motion tracking just sucks, flat out, and I for one never want motion controlled games to become the way games are played because waving your hands around and talking to your tv is just plain idiotic. No one wants to yell at there tv late at night when other people live in the same house. There forcing it so far down your throats that they won’t even give you a cheap mic to use online, instead you have to talk to your Kinect and worst of all listen to all the idiots online screaming through you surround sound system.
I am so happy ps4 won’t have the eye included. Now I don’t have to worry about all the awesome games throwing in useless hand gesture and vocal commands to play my game.
Now vocal commands can be awesome in the right game but only through a headset were the game sounds are separate from the chat sounds.
The PS eye is just like the first eye, and no one complained about that. It’s just there for certain games that certain people will pay $60 to enjoy those types of games. Options are always better for consumers.
The argument that the dualshock 4s light bar will be useless doesn’t even matter, you can’t even see it, it won’t change a thing unless you want to play something that uses it, which if the eye/ light bar combo is really that amazing, then something will come out that shows it and people will buy it, as long as Sony proves its usefulness.
But for MS to shove it down our throats right away without really showing us how all this tracking will be implemented in future games it just makes me shrug it off as another Kinect…useless.
I mean the Kinect is so limited in how it can bring motion control to gaming, MS needs to add a controller type add on for it like the PS Move. They show us shooting games were you hold nothing in your hand and squeeze the air to shoot, now since there is no buttons or analog sticks you can't move around or execute commands without waving our hands around. At least with the move you can do everything you can do normally, control wise and still have motion control. I just never understood the Kinect. It's soon gimmicky it's ridiculous.
The Move has never really impressed me either but at least it has a practical design that can allow you to still play a game without having the camrea move forward for you because you don't have a damn button to push, among many other things that make games less fun or a burden to use instead of adding to the game and making it more fun.
All there showing of the Kinect is how it will work well with work out games. Tracking your movement and heartbeat? Show it to me implemented in a AAA title in a way that we've never seen before, that is practical, not just tacked on.
Like a horror have we're you heartbeat effects your health or something.

The controllers are another thing.
People keep saying how the trackpad on the dualshock4 is useless and the rumble triggers on the Xbox are amazing.
First of all having your fingers rumble when you shoot a weapon isn’t much of a revolution in controllers. Other than that the Xbox controller hasnt changed much at all.
Now the PS4 trackpad on the other hand has huge potential.
Gestures and finger swipes could make executing commands in games effortless. Imagine instead of opening a menu to find a certain spell or weapon in your huge list that you have to navigate one by one go through.
With the track pad all you need to do is draw or swipe a unique shape or line to execute them. You could have a unique gesture for each spell or weapon. You could even use it for macros, allowing PC games to easily adapt there controls to fit in a console form.
The options there are limitless.

The price point gives PS an advantage for sure, but that along side the fact that the raw graphical power the PS4 has over the Xbox one will be noticeable in 3rd party games, especially now that the architecture is essentially the same as PCs, you will easily be able to crank up the graphics on the PS4 past the Xbox one if its available to the PS4.
Of course this is just my opinion based off all the facts that I've heard and am sure many will have things to say that contradict what I've said, but that's the way it goes.
I for one am extremely excited for the ps4 and really wanted the Xbox to be just as amazing but its just not the case.
Sorry for such a long rant but this is my first one and all I’ve been doing is reading this fanboy war back and forth ***** for hours and just had to say something.
Now it s your turn to tell me why I’m wrong or what you thought I was right on about.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (947 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Playstation eye vs Kinect 2 and controllers...my thoughts and opinions

[ Edited ]

makes no odds will buy the eye anyway.

As for all game sucks glad it's your opininon not mine

as for fanyboys dont listen to them

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (937 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

"makes no odds will buy the eye anyway"
Not sure what this is? It's not even proper English so I can't respond to that.

"As for all game sucks glad it's your opininon not mine"
I said " less games will suck" not all games.
You have to admit games that try to force the Kinect or Move on you end up sucking because of it.

"as for fanyboys dont listen to them"
I would agree. I'm assuming your calling me a fanboy, and to that I will say...no.
I hate that term, to me fanboy just describes someone, usually 15 yo or younger, that blindly follows MS or Sony no matter what.
I myself am a gamer that loves to play games. I own a gaming PC, a 360, a PS3, and a Vita.
I don't care what platform I play on I just want good games.
Before the PS4 and XB1 were around I would have been more in favor of my 360 and my PS3 for exclusives, and those are for only games that I can't play on PC, which isn't a huge list of games.
I just hate when people don't like what someone has to say, so they call them a fanboy.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (859 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I'll be getting the new PSEye day one for sure.

Resi 5 Gold proved how the Move & Nav combo can make a game even more immersive, and I hope that some bright devs have the foresight to include compatibility in their upcoming titles. Even if it's only used every now and then (like most gadgets I own), it'll still be a worthy additional accessory to have in my collection.

I just wish that Capcom would create a Resi 6 Gold Edition for the PS3. :/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (849 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yeah, the eye and Kinect can definitely bring new and immersive game mechanics to next gen. I just hope there not after thoughts but real creative uses. My experience has been quite boring with any type of motion gaming.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (838 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Kinect 2 sucks
PS Eye sucks
their games suck
motion gaming sucks
everything related to them sucks
end of story.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (820 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The most in important thing is choice, being able to pick between wanting it and not. At least in my opinion it is.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (812 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

And a very balanced opinion it is, unlike the post above yours :smileywink:.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (811 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

FLA_MENCO wrote:
Kinect 2 sucks
PS Eye sucks
their games suck
motion gaming sucks
everything related to them sucks
end of story.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

TEST_SUBJECT_83 wrote:
"makes no odds will buy the eye anyway"
Not sure what this is? It's not even proper English so I can't respond to that.

"As for all game sucks glad it's your opininon not mine"
I said " less games will suck" not all games.
You have to admit games that try to force the Kinect or Move on you end up sucking because of it.no i don't agree

"as for fanyboys dont listen to them"
I would agree. I'm assuming your calling me a fanboy, not at all you brought up fanboy i said igore themand to that I will say...no.
I hate that term, to me fanboy just describes someone, usually 15 yo or younger, that blindly follows MS or Sony no matter what.
I myself am a gamer that loves to play games. I own a gaming PC, a 360, a PS3, and a Vita.
I don't care what platform I play on I just want good games.
Before the PS4 and XB1 were around I would have been more in favor of my 360 and my PS3 for exclusives, and those are for only games that I can't play on PC, which isn't a huge list of games.
I just hate when people don't like what someone has to say, so they call them a fanboy.

see red

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (763 Views)
0 Kudos