19 Nov 2013

Playstation Staff

Ps4 Extended Warranty?

5 Replies 1,004 Views Created 19-11-2013

Does anyone know if Sony in NZ/AUS offer extended warranty for the Ps4?

I see that the US offers it but can't find anything about NZ/AUS

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (1,004 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps4 Extended Warranty?

Retailers in Australia offer extended warranties on other consoles, PS3, Xbox, Wii, so I don't see why the same wouldn't apply to the PS4..............

1TB SSHD PS4 - Samsung 40" 3D LED - Yamaha 5.1 audio
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (999 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I noticed on one of the IGN videos I watched that was in regards to launch day faults... that on the PSN store you can purchase an extended 2 year warranty... not sure if its a US PSN store only offer or not... I will definitely be asking about extended warranty when I purchase mine from JB Hi Fi and looking into the one from the PSN store.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (987 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Get it from the store you're buying it from. I haven't seen Sony Australia ever offer extended warranties directly through themselves.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (970 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
being someone who has had 3 ps3/s and 4 xbox 360/s who has never got any extended warranties and then reading about some of the slight horror stories for ps4 and quickly looked into thsi and i can tell you eb and jb hifi DO NOT HAVE ANY, harvey norman does, i think it was $155.. for extra 3 years but it tales 6 days to acess for replacement, mind you they dont have any launch consoles left an i was told jan 2014, even more annoying is i remember seing you could by purchase instore warranties on the us store for ps3 .... " i did see that a while ago " but like always australians never got a feature/offer and im sure they NEVER WILL :smileysad:
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (878 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yeah, it's a bit more complicated in Australia. Here, if you buy a warranty from a store, it's almost like an insurance where if nothing goes wrong in the period of insurance then the store just pockets the money, but if it does break down, the store pretty much pay the manufacturer for the repair for you when it's past the original 1 year warranty. You'll notice that in most warranty terms and conditions that if the cost of repair over the extended warranty period is more than the cost of the original purchase you will no longer be covered. So when I bought my PS3 warranty and it broke down twice in those 5 years, I could have been out of pocket for 2 sony repairs to the cost of about 720 or something if I didn't have the extended warranty, but Harvey Norman paid for that... If it had've broken down a third time I wouldn't have been covered as it would have exceeded the $1000 I paid for it. Personally I think extended warranties on launch consoles are compulsory which is why I got an extra 3 years when buying from the sony store.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (867 Views)
0 Kudos