30 Dec 2014

Playstation Staff

Ps4 - Ps vita, CD or online download

2 Replies 93 Views Created 30-12-2013

As the title say, as i got both ps4, and vita and i wonder if it would be better for me to buy games from ps store

and download it to my ps4 so i can download whatever i enjoy playing and have alot of chooses while i am on the go at friends house with the vita etc.

Or will that be a major lag for the psvita when its download version of a game, insted of a CD?

for eksample a ps3 game:

the download version of gta 5 it was very bad quality and kind of laggy, while the cd version where 4x better graphic and lagg wise

so if i buy the download version of bf4(anny games really) it will be allright or u guys think i shud go for one game at a time (cd wise) and then just text my gf to change game? :L

Please answer if you got both of the consoles and tell me if u have seen some difrence bethween download version games and CD

Thanks for answers, And happy new year / Gaming!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (93 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps4 - Ps vita, CD or online download

[ Edited ]

There is no difference now. On old consoles, there was no mandatory install

All games are installed to the Hard Drive, and that includes the Disc Version. So both Disc and DL are read from the same place.

The only difference you get is, if you want to re-sell or lend the game out. Which you cannot obviously do with the DL version

-
You get one life, and no continues, so make each moment count - L J Edwards
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (79 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps4 - Ps vita, CD or online download

Thank you for this important answer. i feel now that i can safely buy :smileyhappy:!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (69 Views)
0 Kudos