PlayStation®4

PS4 General

PS4 General

23 Oct 2013
By: DrGashingtons Member 33 Posts
Level 1

Ps4 vertical stand

6 Replies 1710 Views Created 23-10-2013
Will I need to buy the stand to make the ps4 stand on end? Looking at the pics of it. It doesn't look like it will do a very good job of standing vertical on it own haha.
I didn't have one for my ps3 slim like just stood it against the wall and on my "man station shelf" below my TV haha.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (1,710 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Ps4 vertical stand

would of thought it just makes it more stable
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (1,702 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I wouldn't recommend standing it up a lot of peoples PS3 Blu Ray laser stopped working because of it
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (1,634 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I wouldn't of thought it would be a problem with the PS4. They have made a little plastic piece to stabalise the console if you stand it vertical.

Weather or not it increases the stability that much I don't know, also the price for me is a bit of a joke £16 quid for a bit of plastic.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Vertical-Stand-PS4/dp/B00D781Q9G/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (1,631 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

GeNeRaL-HunTeR wrote:
I wouldn't recommend standing it up a lot of peoples PS3 Blu Ray laser stopped working because of it

I stood my fat PS3 on its side since release, (it still works), my slim on its side since I bought it 2+ years ago. (Still works fine).

Case proven sideways made no difference to people blu ray ware & tear.

Expect the PS4 to be just the same, otherwise they would not advertise it in that manner if it was harming the system.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (1,629 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thanks pple and I don't have a choice I have a toddler in the house who loves nothing better than bashing things so I have to put the console standing on its end so it's away from his fingers haha.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (1,550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Standing vertically will also give your toddler the ability to knock it over though.

Ive never stood any of my consoles vertically but i wanted to do it with ps4 as i think it looks good in that position, i have kids and cats though so not gonna happen :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (1,539 Views)
0 Kudos