16 Nov 2013
By: jamiemb Member 68 Posts
Level 2

Should I get PX21 or P11 AND do they work on PS4?

10 Replies 5,241 Views Created 16-11-2013

I am trying to decide between the Turtle Beach PX21 and P11 headsets. I will be playing on the PS3 until some time next year. So I have two questions.

1. Do they both work on the PS4?

2. If they both work on PS4 - which one is better??? Don't really mind the price although PX21's are about £15 more?

Man United and Nottingham Forest supporter
Play FIFA, NFS, COD
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (5,241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Should I get PX21 or P11 AND do they work on PS4?

Check out this :smileyvery-happy:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/console-compatibility

Shows which headset is compatible with what

photo goggif_zpsfae0e952.gif

Join up at : www.grumpyoldgamers.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (5,239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

I have PX21's, they've lasted me YEARS. Never had a fault with them, except I couldn't work out how to set them up with Xbox 360 aha xD

The only problem I had (my own fault), was I dropped them on hard flooring from quite a height, and the plastic on the headband cracked, so I had to tape it in place :smileytongue:

Oh and yes, they'll work on PS4, but you'll need that old red and white cable that came with it :smileywink:

Overall, if you want comfort and sound quality, over build quality, go for PX21. PX21 has a clearer mic and less background noise, compared to the P11, so yeah, go for the more expensive headset :smileyhappy:

The cable is also longer on the PX21.

Transgender. Male pronouns please! (he/him/his/Edward/Ed)
Hypermobility Syndrome Awareness. Zebra warriors
Hypermobility Syndrome Awareness
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (5,221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Thanks for this! I have the px21 and was disappointed thinking I'd have to get rid, well happy now!!!! Cheers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (5,186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I have a set of the PX21's and I just noticed mine look different to the one on the TB compatibility site?!?!

Mine have blue writing on the headset and the volune controller while the ones on the other site have red writing on them!

Is there any major difference or did they just change the colour on the newer model??

It would appear that the mic will work according to that site but I thought you needed a wireless headset or one that supports a 3.5mm connecting jack like the new PX4.

I'm confuddled again!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (5,184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

x-SourApple-x wrote:

I have PX21's, they've lasted me YEARS. Never had a fault with them, except I couldn't work out how to set them up with Xbox 360 aha xD

The only problem I had (my own fault), was I dropped them on hard flooring from quite a height, and the plastic on the headband cracked, so I had to tape it in place :smileytongue:

Oh and yes, they'll work on PS4, but you'll need that old red and white cable that came with it :smileywink:

Overall, if you want comfort and sound quality, over build quality, go for PX21. PX21 has a clearer mic and less background noise, compared to the P11, so yeah, go for the more expensive headset :smileyhappy:

The cable is also longer on the PX21.

Got a pair for PX21 here as well. I want to get some Pulse headphones though. But the PX21 has done me sell. Got the DSS box with mine. The reliability is a bit of a hit and miss with them though. I had a COD MW3 branded PX21 which lasted over a year until the audio stopped working.

My current pair are fine. A friend is on his third pair due to them literately sniping while he was wearing them. But he has a fat head so am not surprised.

PS4 best console ever! Deep Down Exclusive, Drive Club Exclusive, Planetside 2 PS4/PC Exclusive YEAR OF THE PS4!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (5,183 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Yorkshire_Bourne wrote:
I have a set of the PX21's and I just noticed mine look different to the one on the TB compatibility site?!?!

Mine have blue writing on the headset and the volune controller while the ones on the other site have red writing on them!

Is there any major difference or did they just change the colour on the newer model??

It would appear that the mic will work according to that site but I thought you needed a wireless headset or one that supports a 3.5mm connecting jack like the new PX4.

I'm confuddled again!!

They made a few different designs for the PX21. I think when they first released they where blue then they made the COD MW3 branded version then changed them to red.

The day one patch enables most USB microphones to work on PS4.

PS4 best console ever! Deep Down Exclusive, Drive Club Exclusive, Planetside 2 PS4/PC Exclusive YEAR OF THE PS4!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (5,181 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

That's great then, can't afford another one just yet so at least I have something to be going on with.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (5,149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Yeah, mine are also blue. Don't worry :smileyhappy:
Transgender. Male pronouns please! (he/him/his/Edward/Ed)
Hypermobility Syndrome Awareness. Zebra warriors
Hypermobility Syndrome Awareness
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (5,149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Px21s work fine with the ps4.

I have an optical cable running into an audio convertor that then allows the Px21s to hijack the audio like they do on the ps3.

No experience of the 11s though :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (2,520 Views)
0 Kudos