22 Feb 2013
Playstation Staff

Should i trade in my PS3 to get a PS4?

29 Replies 24,613 Views Created 22-02-2013

Hi,

I am going to get a PS4 when it comes out and wondering if it would be ideal to trade my ps3 in?

At the moment to trade in my type of ps3 it is £120 but that price will go down by Holiday this year.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30 (24,613 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Should i trade in my PS3 to get a PS4?

It's still too early to say

Why don't you wait a bit until the price is confirmed and we all know a bit more about what the PS4 can and can't do for certain with regards previous purchases, games aquired via PS+ and playing PS1, 2, & 3 games on it

Pre-ordering now is a bit foolish really. It's just GAME tring to take advantage (And filling it's bank accounts with £20 deposits)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30 (24,604 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Trade it in against what?

The PS4 isn't out yet.

Keep your PS3 and enjoy it

Now, shall I have some eggs or ham for lunch? Or maybe something that hasn't been made yet?

:Wink:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (24,603 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Oran_Gina wrote:

Trade it in against what?

The PS4 isn't out yet.

Keep your PS3 and enjoy it

Now, shall I have some eggs or ham for lunch? Or maybe something that hasn't been made yet?

:Wink:

Haven't you heard of that new sandwhich filling coming?

It's a ham & eggs substitue called 'Heggs'

It's not for sale yet but over 100 bread makers are on board with it

I don't know what it's going to cost yet either :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 30 (24,588 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

iv only got 2 more ps3 games im goin to buy, then its bye bye and hello REAL HD GAMING...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30 (24,583 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I don't understand these topics. Is it so hard for people to work out how much money they have/will have at the time. Or know if they want to keep their PS3 for future use, i.e to play any of your old games on :Confused:

I know that I want to keep my PS3 as I'll still be catching up on the games I've missed over the years..

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (24,577 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

XJohnny25X wrote:

Hi,

I am going to get a PS4 when it comes out and wondering if it would be ideal to trade my ps3 in?

At the moment to trade in my type of ps3 it is £120 but that price will go down by Holiday this year.

I doubt it, and we dont yet know is Sony are doing worldwide release, or doing their usual whereas the UK/UK is last to get this stuff.......we may not see the PS4 appear over here till March next year.

Stick with your PS3 and enjoy it, you got plenty of time to decide, and even when the PS4 is out the PS3 will continue to be supported for may yearsto come so its not like it's value is going to dissappear overnight........and you never know, some places might be doing good PS3 trade in's when you buy the PS4.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30 (24,548 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Keep it... PS4 is a while off yet, no idea if we're even getting it this year in the EU.

You don't want to miss out on Beyond/Last of Us surely!? trophies carry over to your PS4 too so you could keep earning those while you wait.

Also you won't be able to play all your PS3 games on a PS4 until Gaikai is set up, and that won't be for a while probably.

Add me :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30 (24,527 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

What about us with more than 1 PS3? I have my main PS3 the red slim one (not the new super slim). I also have a 12gb super slim in my bed room with a 500gb hard drive in.

If am being tottaly honest the 12gb slim I bought in November has hardly had any use. So am thinking off selling my red slim soon and getting as much as possible for it. Then putting the money in a savings account and that will be my PS4 funds. Then ill throw in a fiver a week until I reach around £400. That way no worry of me not being able to affored the PS4.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30 (24,510 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

The ps4 is said to be around 400-450$ at the most because sony got som bad rep from selling the ps3 at a price of 600$. We'll see, but sony definatly wont go to or near 600$ after what happend last time.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 30 (23,731 Views)
0 Kudos