PlayStation®4

PS4 General

PS4 General

Level 3

Re: Simplygames :(

misterck wrote:

Frowsen wrote:

I am in the same stituation - I do not think the price is overly expensive because there is now an extra controller but i didnt want this, is changing a pre order that had already been agreed even legal? This is a joke

@ si_ozzman thats exactly it, they were clever enough to keep the bundle choices etc on website and only a link in email or i would have copy pasted the bit were it says along the lines of 'you can no longer stay with your previous order of sony playstation console - £349.97'

That is totally out of order then, really sorry to here it m8 :smileysad:. I don't think I'll ever be using them either after hearing that.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 468 (1,236 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Frowsen wrote:

I am in the same stituation - I do not think the price is overly expensive because there is now an extra controller but i didnt want this, is changing a pre order that had already been agreed even legal? This is a joke

Ok I know you might not want it but for £450 Game are doing the KZ Big bundle which includes and extra controller, camera, and Killzone Shadowfall.

If I hadn't already ordered KZ:smileyfrustrated:F I know which bundle I would prefer.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 468 (1,234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

Si_Ozzman wrote:

misterck wrote:

Frowsen wrote:

@ si_ozzman thats exactly it, they were clever enough to keep the bundle choices etc on website and only a link in email or i would have copy pasted the bit were it says along the lines of 'you can no longer stay with your previous order of sony playstation console - £349.97'

That is totally out of order then, really sorry to here it m8 :smileysad:. I don't think I'll ever be using them either after hearing that.

Im still in absolute disgust and shock at the moment, before thisi recommended them to everybody i speak to about game purchases and always made my game preorders with them. Never again!!!

@ Kermit1970 that is a good deal, i actually thought games £399 one game bundles were shocking untill this happened and now they are looking like a bargain lol

I actually got excited when i got the bundles email cause i thought i would be able to get that killzone mega bundle, then i clicked the link and all joy drained right out of me.

EDIT: I would like to hear from someone who had an early preorder with them (pre-august 6th) to see if their stiffing everyone like this or if its just the people who were late in the game but were still guaranteed a day one console from them, my preorder was only made on september 13th but this is still wrong in my eyes.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 468 (1,230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

£414 for just an extra controller is an absolute joke. I was going to pre order with them when they showed the price as £325 or was it £329, but when they started taking pre orders they bumped it up to £349 so I was like screw you. Shocked that they would pull this stunt. This is a new low for SimplyGames.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 468 (1,167 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I have to say this is utterly sucktastic, and if they are forcing customers to go with one of 'their' bundles after advertsing the standalone pre-order I happen to think that is illegal. It's changing the contract after the sale of goods has been agreed.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 468 (1,161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

I have to say this is utterly sucktastic, and if they are forcing customers to go with one of 'their' bundles after advertsing the standalone pre-order I happen to think that is illegal. It's changing the contract after the sale of goods has been agreed.

Im unsure on the in's and ou'ts of that myself but have a feeling that because no cash has been exchanged or that nothing can be done, have kept all my emails though just incase lol

Thing is the prices arent ridiculous like i originally stated as they are just selling all items at cost price which is very common in the launch of this kind of stuff but in essence they are forcing crap on you that you dont need or want, personally i dont need a 2nd controller and certainly not a crappy cable that charges 2 ds4's at same time for 10 quid lol.

It looks like they are just trying to sell as much as they can with the consoles to make as much as they can AKA profiteering.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 468 (1,151 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

misterck wrote:

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

Im unsure on the in's and ou'ts of that myself but have a feeling that because no cash has been exchanged or that nothing can be done, have kept all my emails though just incase lol

Thing is the prices arent ridiculous like i originally stated as they are just selling all items at cost price which is very common in the launch of this kind of stuff but in essence they are forcing crap on you that you dont need or want, personally i dont need a 2nd controller and certainly not a crappy cable that charges 2 ds4's at same time for 10 quid lol.

It looks like they are just trying to sell as much as they can with the consoles to make as much as they can AKA profiteering.

Did they ask for any payment method, card detials or paypal?

Because if they did, under UK consumer rights you have entered into a contract.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 468 (1,145 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

misterck wrote:

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

Did they ask for any payment method, card detials or paypal?

Because if they did, under UK consumer rights you have entered into a contract.

Yes, they run your bank card through sage pay for confirmation then keep your details on file so they can take the cash upon despatch.

Heres a copy/paste of the order update email if anyones interested in having a look:

IMPORTANT!! - Your Playstation 4 Order (Ref '484***')

Thanks for bearing with us with whilst we finalised stock configurations with Sony. We have now completed this process and as mentioned last week the pack configurations that we will actually be receiving DO differ slightly from the selection you originally made.

For this reason - WE NEED YOU to update your order Ref '484***'

Important Notes:

1. This ONLY affects the console/pack choice within your order. Other products within your order are not affected;

2. You WILL receive your order on the day of release;

3. You MUST make a new console choice (follow the link below);

4. You can now INCREASE the number of consoles on your order - and ALL will arrive on day of release!!! That's guaranteed;

Please click the link below and follow the simple on-screen instructions. Once your selections have been made, click the big 'Update My Order' button at the bottom of page. This will finalise your order and no other action is necessary.

Please click here to update your Playstation 4 console

Thanks again for your order and for your patience.

The SimplyGames Team

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 468 (1,141 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

"4. You can now INCREASE the number of consoles on your order - and ALL will arrive on day of release!!! That's guaranteed;"

they seem to be money grabbing swines set up for money grabbing swines!!!!

what a joke of a company hope there online shop fails!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 468 (1,121 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

@misterck, you might want to inform them then that after agreeing a sale and taking method of payment, changing the terms of that sale after the fact is illegal. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 is pretty clear at the point in which a sale of goods contract is agreed. At the point the vendor accepts method of payment from the purchaser the contract is made. Changing the contract after the fact and taking more money or changing the goods provided is illegal:

Sale of Good Act 1979

It isn't just UK legislation that is on your side though, some pretty potent EU laws are as well:

Unfair Consumer Practices Directive

They have to my knowledge breached both pieces of legislation, and are in the wrong not just morally, but legally as well. On the second link look under the 'Misleading actions and ommissions' heading, in particular the first bullet point. They advertised the standalone PS4 and enticed you to 'treat' yourself under UK law to a purchase. You agreed to those terms, handed over method of payment and then they changed the service and goods provided. Honestly I'd contact them and inform them of this and give them the links to the legislation and tell them you will be going to Trading Standards and Citzens Advice for further legal advice if they don't rescind their illegal practices.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 468 (1,112 Views)