03 Oct 2013
By: misterck Member 4,187 Posts
Level 4

Simplygames :(

[ Edited ]
467 Replies 3,469 Views edited 03-10-2013

So i have just lost my release day guaranteed ps4 order because simplygames sent me an email to change my preorder to one of sonys apparnt bundles, not one is the same as any of the sony bundles and the prices are ridiculous, i could no longer order just the console at regular price so was forced to cancel :smileysad:

The worst part of this is there are some folk who will choose 1 just to make sure they get a console on launch, this is a poor show from a company i previously held in high regards.

Awful bundles link

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 468 (3,469 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Simplygames :(

That sucks dude. This is why I just stick to high street stores. Too complicated to order online with preorders.
Transgender. Male pronouns please! (he/him/his/Edward/Ed)
Hypermobility Syndrome Awareness. Zebra warriors
Hypermobility Syndrome Awareness
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 468 (3,464 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

they need many many junk and complaint emails sent as that is just wrong and money grabbing feel for you dude!!!

:Argh: :Mad: :Evil:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 468 (3,446 Views)
Level 4

I called them immediately to confirm it as i honestly thought they atleast got the prices wrong and they confirmed they were actually correct, after i told them the prices were ludicrous i was told all i could do was choose one of those bundles or cancel.

Will never order a single thing from them again.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 468 (3,442 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

I'm so glad I stuck with GAME.

I believe in supporting the high street shops where I can anyway, even though I know it's always more expensive, but it makes things a lot less complicated.

Go and preorder a console at a supermarket or GAME or somewhere of your choice straight away. Preorder in store somewhere so you don't have the same problem again.

You won't get the bundles though until phase 2 :smileysad:

I feel so bad for you. If I was in your situation I would cry.
Transgender. Male pronouns please! (he/him/his/Edward/Ed)
Hypermobility Syndrome Awareness. Zebra warriors
Hypermobility Syndrome Awareness
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 468 (3,435 Views)
Level 13

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 468 (3,433 Views)
Level 4

[ Edited ]

x-SourApple-x wrote:
I'm so glad I stuck with GAME.

I believe in supporting the high street shops where I can anyway, even though I know it's always more expensive, but it makes things a lot less complicated.

Go and preorder a console at a supermarket or GAME or somewhere of your choice straight away. Preorder in store somewhere so you don't have the same problem again.

You won't get the bundles though until phase 2 :smileysad:

I feel so bad for you. If I was in your situation I would cry.

After that experience that has just left a sour taste so think im gonna just wait it out until i can actually just walk into a shop and buy one at regular price off the shelf (could be a long time away i know lol).

Cant believe i just sold my gaming PC to fund it aswell :smileysad:

Should have known from the fact they werent taking any deposits that something wasnt right, if it wasnt for the lack of making any sort of pre-payments im 100% sure they could have been reported and brought to justice for this sort of profiteering scam.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 468 (3,423 Views)
0 Kudos

I am in the same stituation - I do not think the price is overly expensive because there is now an extra controller but i didnt want this, is changing a pre order that had already been agreed even legal? This is a joke

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 468 (3,387 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

So let me get this right..you preorder the standard console in good faith, and are now informed you can only keep you preorder if you change it to a poorly priced bundle? If so Simple Games should be lynched. Pure greed.

I remember being forced to do simlar when I worked at Game for the PS2 launch...once stock was low management restricted console sales to bundle only ..it was sickening.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 468 (3,368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

Frowsen wrote:

I am in the same stituation - I do not think the price is overly expensive because there is now an extra controller but i didnt want this, is changing a pre order that had already been agreed even legal? This is a joke

I honestly took a moment to consider taking that cheapest bundle just to keep my day one preorder and make sure i got a PS4 on launch but i cant let myself pay money to a company who would do something like this to loyal customers and as a result cancelled all my ps4 game preorders at same time and will never buy another product from them.

Im pretty sure it would be illegal IF we had paid any sort of money towards it already (deposit) but as is i think they can get away with this crap.

@ si_ozzman thats exactly it, they were clever enough to keep the bundle choices etc on website and only a link in email or i would have copy pasted the bit were it says along the lines of 'you can no longer stay with your previous order of sony playstation console - £349.97'

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 468 (3,367 Views)
0 Kudos