06 Dec 2013
Playstation Staff

Sony Bluetooth Headset on PS4

20 Replies 20,202 Views Created 06-12-2013
I have a Sony SLEH-00075 Bluetooth headset that I am trying to pair with my PS4. Each time I try, it shows up on the list of available devices but upon attempting to pair, it says there is 'no supported profile on the PS4'. This headset works perfectly well on my PS3. It's a Sony product and yet it doesn't seem to be supported on the PS4. That doesn't make any sense at all. Bluetooth is a universal multi platform standard! Does anyone body have any ideas on this or do I have to wait until Sony update the firmware again? I can't believe the PS4 doesn't support one of Sonys own BT devices.

Thanks in advance. Help would be appreciated :-)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21 (20,202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Sony Bluetooth Headset on PS4

[ Edited ]

All Bluetooth headsets are not compatible with PS4

An update was made for USB headsets to work

An up-coming update will be available to make the Sony Wireless Stereo and Pulse Headsets (which use dongles) to be compatible, but that is it. All others will not work, and wont in the future either.

EDIT:

I should say: All PAST bluetooth headsets, which were PS3 compatible, are not compatible with PS4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21 (20,201 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

So will never have an update for bluetooth headsets through the whole lifespan of PS4?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (20,100 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

No update for PAST Bluetooth headsets that were PS3 supported, no.

New headsets that are Bluetooth that explicitly say are compatible with PS4 will work, but aside from those, no.

EDIT:

Information can be found here: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/30/playstation-4-the-ultimate-faq/#sect5

For those who cba to click the link:

"Headsets - Connection: Bluetooth - Compatibility: NO - Notes: Headsets that are currently commercially available are incompatible.

Headsets - Connection: USB - Compatibility: YES - Notes: Will be compatible with system software version 1.50.
* After the update, generally most commercially available USB headsets will be compatible"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (20,096 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for that quick reply.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21 (20,087 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

SHINOBI_01 wrote:
So will never have an update for bluetooth headsets through the whole lifespan of PS4?

Correct all past gen bluetooth mics are disabled for ever...

SCE licensed Bluetooth 3.0 headsets that Support Stereo audio and HQ vioce coms are allready planned but will be from Products developers licensed from SCE... the extras are going to be Locked out this gen...

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast... and TV from Sky PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21 (20,086 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Wow that is wild, well time to shop again lol.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (20,077 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Looks like I'm stuck with the cheap ass ear bud or ill have to get a 2.5 to 3.5 cable and use my PX5s in Xbox mode, witch seems the logical solution!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (20,067 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

How did you put that image in your comment box?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (20,057 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

It's called a signature, go to your profile and embed the link to whatever image you want, I image has to be on a hosting site like PhotoBucket...
The images you have uploaded will have a URL code, copy and paste that in to the signature box in your profile save and there you are, there is a size limit for the image you can use but I don't know the exact profile size limit so just use my image size as a reference.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (20,048 Views)
0 Kudos