Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Sony Bluetooth Headset on PS4

Thanks for the quick reply. Very disappointing to hear though. Creates further expense that really should not be necessary. Sony take note...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20 (2,537 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

To be fair a 2.5-3.5 cable will be only a couple of quid, but I thought of a better solution a 2.5-3.5 adaptor would then fit my xbox mode cable allowing the mute and volume controls to be available to me!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20 (2,530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Can I use my PS3 or PS4?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20 (2,530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

You need to be able to copy and save an image you want to a device that can upload to a hosting site, ps3 didn't work for me, I don't know about the PS4 browser, best bet is a PC or smartphone!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20 (2,522 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

QuantumMechanic wrote:
I have a Sony SLEH-00075 Bluetooth headset that I am trying to pair with my PS4. Each time I try, it shows up on the list of available devices but upon attempting to pair, it says there is 'no supported profile on the PS4'. This headset works perfectly well on my PS3. It's a Sony product and yet it doesn't seem to be supported on the PS4. That doesn't make any sense at all. Bluetooth is a universal multi platform standard! Does anyone body have any ideas on this or do I have to wait until Sony update the firmware again? I can't believe the PS4 doesn't support one of Sonys own BT devices.

Thanks in advance. Help would be appreciated :-)

No doubt they are selling the PS4 at, or below, cost price to "capture the market", if you know what I mean. Particularly important at this stage in a product's life. Then they recover any potential profit margin by selling  'exclusive' peripherals for the machine.

They would have to find some way of forcing the consumer to purchase the items of course.  Presumably making all PS4 peripherals incompatible with the PS3 (i.e. exclusive) is Sony's way to sell the PS4 peripherals. Otherwise, if you think about it, why would anyone buy another microphone or headset if they already have one that works pretty much perfectly?

At least, if I were Sony, that's what I would do.  Not exactly rocket science of course. Predictable as hell though, don't you think?

PS.  By "forcing the consumer to purchase the items", I may be stating it a bit coarsely. I mean of course, subtle marketing techniques and other things like adding flashing lights, extra knobs and buzzers. Influencing purchasers in such a way that they think they are making their own decision in the matter.  A ploy used by manufacturers for centuries I believe.

At the end of the day, you may as well get the new headset.  It may well turn out to be genuinely better than a PS3 version.

Hope this helps. 

Regards

Sixpak Chakrabarti

If god had meant us to be vegetarian, why did she make animals out of meat?

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/552712841.png[/IMG][/URL]
http://www.speedtest.net/result/552712841.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20 (2,519 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ok thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20 (2,519 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

To be fair a 2.5-3.5 cable will be only a couple of quid, but I thought of a better solution a 2.5-3.5 adaptor would then fit my xbox mode cable allowing the mute and volume controls to be available to me!

Have you tryed this with the px5 and had success ?.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20 (2,503 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Well, given that Sony has gone to some lengths to undercut Xbone and rain on its parade, it seems odd that they would "force" PS4 owners to buy new peripherals. They don't "make" you buy the PS camera otherwise they'd bundle it with the machine. It's one of the reasons I plumped for the PS4 as I don't care for waving at my TV or trying to talk to it! That stuff is for kids. But my point was more to do with the universal aspect of the Bluetooth standard and Sony excluding profiles for its OWN devices. Apple support pretty much any BT device on the iPhone or iPad so why should the PS4 be any different? I can fully understand making the camera optional but a headset is pretty much essential for casual chat and team play online.

Just my two penneth...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20 (2,410 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

@QuantumMechanic

Your right in some regards but consider this. Using your analogy, apple headphones have their mic and earth poles reversed on the 3.5mm jack. Meaning that they give off static in other devices on the mic feed, and that since the iPhone has the poles reversed to accept this input, iPhone specific microphone headsets will be the only ones that are static free.

They do it as an incentive to buy their own.

Same is happening here, sony want you to get the new ps4 gear, or at very least their latest ps3 offerings in the pulse headsets. The older Bluetooth stuff was discontinued way before the ps4 was even announced, they started instead with the USB headsets.

This is why they bundled a mono headset and mic with the system, so you have that function. For those that want better sounding gear you buy it extra, in these terms the bundled headpiece is the equivalent of your Bluetooth mono set.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20 (2,396 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

at the minute my headset is set up as follows.

Turtle Beach XP300 headset

Game audio = TB DSS2 (dolby surround sound processor v2)
Chat audio = TB PS4 Chat cable (from controller 3.5mm port to headset xbox 2.5mm port)

when i turn on my headset the ps4 prompts me go to device settings and pair my headset, but when I do this, I get the same message about profiles not being supported.

I have talked to a couple of people who wourk with computer programming and they inform me that the bluetooth tranciever built into the board is backwards wards compatible with bluetooth 2.0 devices but sony had locked deliberately not included 2.0 profiles to lock out older headsets.

for now my headset does work but cant understand the logic with this decision. the only way i can see this being solved is a usb soundcard and bluetooth adapter box of some kind made by a third party to give the console the impression that it is connected to a usb headset. The headset would then pair to this device and work as normal.

In theory this should work, If only I knew how to build something like this.

on the other had, a plug and play usb bluetooth dongel may also work 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20 (2,361 Views)
0 Kudos