just a simple yes or no

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (584 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Thief. Any good?

That thread has got plenty of people's opinions on the game. It's just a mere click away too

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (573 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I pre ordered Thief on ps4 a week ago after reading some positive articles about its tone, graphics, puzzles etc...it arrived mid morning at work, care of Amazon, and was the edition with metal case and DLC in the box. I'm not that far in yet, maybe 120 mins played, as I've been busy. But it is good fun, controls are easy and intuitive with all running, jumping, climbing mapped to L2 and the bow and arrow is on R2. It has a dark, Victorian London fog smothered feel crossed with a more retro futuristic city. All cramped alleyways, murky corners and candlelit thoroughfares. A.I is a little confused and random, sometimes superman sometimes blind as a bat and deaf as a post. But I'm intruiged so far and if the atmosphere, story and action can stay the course to the end without becoming repetitive and frustrating I would class it as a game worth your time and money. 7.5/10
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (497 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

As above follow the link but in a word,......NO
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (485 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Never played a thief game before so my judgement isn't skewed by previous versions , I like it. You can play this game at whatever pace you like which makes a nice change to the norm
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (471 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Zacava why don't you like it? I am really enjoying it I'm not paying attention to the reviews as its just the same as listening to views on here it's all based on opinions. I'm personally enjoying it only things I'm not a fan of is the way the touch pad is being used and the same dull bland environment throughout it does get a little tedious at times.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (462 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have never played a Thief game before either, and my opinion is base on the part of the current game I have played. It is my personal evaluation, with no bias, and is merely a guide for somebody to take as they choose. I read many, many previews, developer interviews, early play test feedback and numerous titbits and rumours about Thief before even considering a purchase. I do this with every game and did it extensively before buying my ps4. It's called research and is a must to save regretting purchases. After all that I chose to buy Thief and so far I'm happy with it. Maybe renting is an answer if funds are limited.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (458 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

How can you give a yes or no answer to such an objective question, it depends what games you like, if shooters are your thing then no. If stealth is your thing then yes.

There are some quirky things in the game the sound seems to be flakey in places, like you hear someone scribbling on paper after you've knocked them out. But I can live with it. I'm enjoying it even though the reviews we're not kind to it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (438 Views)
0 Kudos