03 Dec 2013
Playstation Staff

Toy maker Playroom help?

5 Replies 4,994 Views Created 03-12-2013
Ok I've downloaded toymaker from the store, how do I get my smartphone to use it? My smartphone is not compatible with official ps4 app, is that a problem? There's no real guidance with this!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (4,994 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Toy maker Playroom help?

The compatible phone or tablet becomes a second screen for the PS4

You can draw anything you like on the phone or tablet and then 'send' it to your TV screen with a finger swipe and the bots start to play with it

Run the app, select 'Connect to PS4' then chose the second screen option when running the Playroom 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (4,991 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

ZiggyBoo1975 wrote:
Ok I've downloaded toymaker from the store, how do I get my smartphone to use it? My smartphone is not compatible with official ps4 app, is that a problem? There's no real guidance with this!

If your phone isn't compatible with the App then that's the problem.

As mentioned before when you run the App your phone becomes a 2nd screeen, in the case of 'Playroom' it's a drawing pad.

Sadly, without the App, you can't use it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (4,981 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i have downloaded this. how do i access this via the playroom. cant see it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (4,973 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

In the App there is a 'Connect to PS4' screen.

Once you have linked your PS4 and your device an option of '2nd screen' will appear.

If you are running Playroom on your PS4 and have the cute lil' robots running about, pressing '2nd screen' on your device turns it into a very basic drawing pad.  Draw anything you like, swipe upwards and you will see your creation 'thrown' at the TV for your lil' bitty robots to throw around.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (4,967 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

metalpaul1000 wrote:
i have downloaded this. how do i access this via the playroom. cant see it.

As long as you have got toymaker from the ps store installed, app for phone or tablet installed on mobile device and have paired up said mobile app to ps4..

... all you do is start playroom with the little robots, connect mobile app with ps4, then select 'second screen' your phone/tablet will change to a sketch pad.

Draw toy shapes, colour in etc, hit ok, then swipe up to throw into room, the little robots then play with the toy..

I got all the 3 trophies for toymaker within 10 mins...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (4,961 Views)
0 Kudos