9012608674_6c54f94afb.jpg

9012609284_47792f2309.jpg

playstation4consolee33.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 95 (1,554 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: What the Playstation 4 looks like

Expansion port on the back expected that to be on the front like the USB 3 ports are...

Multi AV port seams to have vanished.... Time to upgrades Every TV to HDTV 720p at min... 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 95 (1,518 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It looks horrid if I'm honest but defo getting one
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 95 (1,500 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

kingchaz wrote:
It looks horrid if I'm honest but defo getting one

Totally agree, but Sony haven't made a good looking console since the PS One.  (alright there is the PS3 but it took them 3 attempts to get looking asthetically pleasing with the Super Slim).

----
Blog: http://consolegamer.me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 95 (1,493 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Hmmm, cant see any obvious way to get in and change the Hard Drive. Hope its just hidden well. 

As for the look, I kinda like what they were goin for but the gap between the top and bottom layers seems to be a bit too wide in my opinion. Its not as sleek as it could be, the proportions are a little chubby. 

Its a lot better than that Xbox One though, thats just a standard rectangular box, and all the vents, urghh. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 95 (1,449 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I think I might design and manufacture a stand for it that sets it at an upright angle. Like a sculpture.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 95 (1,448 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Does anyone know the official dimensions? The couple that I've found only seem to be people guessing.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 95 (1,421 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

It looks like it was originally going to be a video player like the Xbone, but a Sony employee sneaked into MS's headquarters, saw the design and said "We need to cut it up a bit"

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 95 (1,390 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I don't think it's as bad as the xbone mainly because of the little details that stop it from being a full blown brick, but it isn't the greatest looking console. I do like what appears to be the ventalation ports at the back, maybe no more ylod this gen.

Judging by the image it is possibly a similar size to the PS3 fat but slimmer. (i can't remember how big a ps3 slim is so i can't compare it to that)

You can't save time only spend it.
Sneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 95 (1,381 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
I have a feeling that the PS4 will look much better in the flesh, and would compliment any modern AV setup. I think people are initially a bit shocked at the acute angles, but this is one design that I believe will grow on the consumer base.

The bone isn't ugly, but it is visually boring, and in line with it's previous incarnations, looks comparitively 'cheap'.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 95 (1,359 Views)
0 Kudos