PlayStation®4

PS4 General

PS4 General

24 Sep 2013
By: hayzink Beta Tester 1957 Posts
Level 5

ps4 remote play controller confusion

1 Reply 200 Views Created 24-09-2013

right i was just thinking about remote play on the ps4 via vita or more specificly the vita tv console.

its my understanding that vita tv will play ps4 games via remote play and you operate the vita tv using a dualshock 3 which means you will be playing games that dont need special control imputs on ps4 using a ps3 pad.

hears where im confused, you will be able to play ps4 games using a ps3 pad yet sony have no plans to add native dualshock 3 support to ps4.

this seems a bit mean to me as games will obviously function (possibly with amended controlls) with the dualshock 3 so why not give customers the option to use the older pad to help ease the cost of the next gen (its not as if dualshock 3's are cheap anyway).

we know not all games will work with it, we know we will get a better experiance with the dualshock 4 but if i only have 1 ps4 pad and i knew i could use my ps3 one to grab a quick game of fifa with a mate it would make me a happy customer.

you can obviously do this so why not.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (200 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: ps4 remote play controller confusion

It's a moot point until the vita TV is announced for Europe.
You would have to be a multi-tv household to make use of it for playing ps4/ps3 games, tbh the remote play features of the handheld vita look a better fit for me.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (151 Views)
0 Kudos