14 Dec 2013
Playstation Staff

tips for a noob BF4

34 Replies 1,529 Views Created 14-12-2013
Im not making this up, i played bf4 online last night and got killed with 1 shot from assault rifles almost every death. It would take a good squeeze on the triggers for me to kill them, or I'd be shooting someone then someone else would just come and 1 shot kill me. Not a sniper...which I can understand.

So, I'm rank 1 and all guns are locked ..is It just a case of perseverance? I use engineer mainly..
Its not fun if you die all the time and can't unlock better guns...killzone had the right idea I think, unlocking all guns.
Are you better off staying out of hotspots at first and just trying to get the odd Straggler's?
I haven't played campaign yet, maybe doing that will improve aim?
How do I add a picture here??
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 35 (1,529 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: tips for a noob BF4

Yeah it takes time! I adjusted my sensitivity which made it easier? But it still a struggle specialy on bigger maps
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 35 (1,516 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Use your mini map, keep on the look out for orange (enemy) triangles in your area, also look out for signs of dead team mates as this can show presence of the enemy.

Before you move into a flag/ base sight your weapon and press the spotting button, it can highlight enemy's. Try not to stand out in the open too much. You might also find 32 player conquest is slightly less chaotic than 64 player maps.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 35 (1,490 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

It can be daunting at first, try to match your load outs to the maps and you style of play,

maybe you would be better starting with assault or support as they have more powerful guns to start with, remember to keep spotting as this will aid your team and get you extra points, you just need to keep plugging away at it .
Play conquest more than team death match as it will give you more breathing space . Always keep moving , you will be an easy sniper target if you don't !
Signal player will help you get used to things even if you play it on easy
Oh and try to hit the upper part of torso&head when shooting as it will take down players quicker(a bit obvious that one)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 35 (1,488 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Single player even.... Doh
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 35 (1,485 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Run a test on your connection speed as well, having poor internet can also be a main factor.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 35 (1,478 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

My internet speed is 63 down, 20up so that's not an issue.
I reduced that network thing down to 30% after reading that helps.
My issue seems to be aiming, say I see someone first I'll shoot him, might go left and right of him, hit him a bit lol, he turns and 1 shot kill. I know there will be very good players on this..its all they play, whereas I play a lot of FIFA and tend to win mostly on that..but that's another story. Just, kinda feels very unbalance.
Like..the rich get richer and the poor just gets *****ed
How do I add a picture here??
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 35 (1,461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

There was/is a problem with some assault rifles getting one shot kills, it was on Jack Frags YouTube channel
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 35 (1,438 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Game is broken  as per your other thread, one hit kills is one of many problems.

A gamer not a fanboy
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 35 (1,424 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I suck too op; I think you just have to put the time in until you don't shoot the sky or your feet all the time.

I'm looking to add people, especially anyone with a mic as I think it's going to help. So far I didn't hear one person say a damn word in this game. If anyone would like to squad chat add me; it's going to be easier for you to add me I think as ViralVince is quite easy to remember.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 35 (1,386 Views)
0 Kudos