PlayStation®4

PS4 General

PS4 General

Level 3

Re: tips for a noob BF4

Add me as I'm just getting started on this too, looking for a squad that just doesn't run in all directions.... play mostly as support, so a medic and a couple of assult noobs - i play on conquest 64 mostly, just keep getting flags, supplying loads of ammo and laying claymores all over the place.....

had many a comedy death, so if you don't mind me laughing down my mic feel free to add me

JMC-SCO

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 35 (2,117 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

A lot can depend on how you fire. Generally you should only go full auto (holding R2) on enemies at close range. Anything over medium or longe range, you really ought to use burst fire. You have to remember that weapon recoil and bullet spread can have a big effect, so if your holding down R2 in a long salvo at a target 200 metres away, you're really not gonna hit much. :smileytongue:

Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity to see if it helps with aiming? I think its set at 20 but I usually ramp it up some to make aiming and movement easier.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 35 (2,107 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

BF always take time to get used to. Especially if you are used to the arcadey feel of COD. My best advice would be go through the Assault class/medic and actually play the game properly. There is nothing more frustrating then dying then finding out you had a ally medic near by that chose not to revive you. Also spot enemies when you see them in the open so they then appear on the mini map. For doing this you will also get a small amount of points and when you do reach level 17 plus every point counts because the ranking up process really does start to slow down.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 35 (2,104 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

As already stated burst fire your weapon only go full auto on close quarter enemies, always aim waist up when you can, pick a gun and class and stick with it for a while so you get used to it, don't go switching classes and guns. Try and keep just a red dot sight for your gun until you get the hang of it, don't. slap on a longer scope like acog or whatever as these take longer to ADS. If you know there is an enemy round a corner start pre firing as you come round to help against the shoddy netcode. Spot, Spot and Spot.

The starting weapons are not any worse than any other gun they don't get better with rank like cod, the best engineer gun on battlefield 3 was the M4A1 before they nurfed it and you started with that gun. They are just different.

When you get the hang of killing don't just play sniper or assault when you need to take down enemy vehicles at range, try and always play the objective and what is best for the squad/team, don't just revive someone who has just been gunned down without first killing the assailant. try to be aware of people round you so you don't just run in their way, DON'T STAND IN DOORWAYS. Don't spawn on your silent sniper/player (who is allowing the squad to spawn in but keep hidden)and start blasting away with a really loud gun to give their position away.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 35 (2,086 Views)
Level 3

I always spawn on my sniper squad mates, drop off some Ammo then leg it, usually gets me a few points and a ribbon :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 35 (2,058 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Play engineer to begin with guns are more stable and always powerful enough if you hit the target. You can quickly unlock the first Carbine this way. Engineer is also good as you can get the extra points fixing / taking out vehicles. I started assault and stayed with that for a while, moved over to engineer and much prefer it.

Played the objective and stick with your squad.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 35 (2,028 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 35 (2,005 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Tbf I'm finding bf4 really hard to plat the minute just get slaughtered most of the time it doesn't seem fair I find killzone a lot more balanced.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 35 (1,998 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

^ you need to play like you are really there, ***** yourself and hide behind stuff. Then take a shot when you can, move on and always check your surroundings!!

Sometimes you have to dig in and hope for the best...
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 35 (1,980 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 35 (1,927 Views)