Support

PS4 Support

PS4 Support

04 Jan 2014
By: GaZMaN696 Member 55 Posts
Level 3

'1.53' update

23 Replies 8536 Views Created 04-01-2014

So a lot of people are complaining about incompatible devices etc. on PS4. Obviously the rumour is that the compaitibility issue will be fixed with the 1.53 update, on the phone to a Sony advisor, he said the same thing. He also said it'd be out on the first week of Jan.

Does anyone have any info on the update and it's release date? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (8,536 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: '1.53' update

Yes. The Sony advisor who you spoke to. Who said first week of January. And that it'd fix compatibility issues.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (8,535 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Well we are 4 days into the week and still nothing on when it may be coming or what it will entail. 
I was hoping for some actual information and not a sarcy reply. I forget I'm on the internet sometimes... 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (8,516 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The compatability issues with USB headsets licenced by Sony has been promised with 1.53.

For some backwards reason people have got this rumour in their heads that this means bluetooth headsets will also be part of it.. Which it wont.. and it wont be fixed so people need to stop spreading crap.

As for the timing, early jan was estimated, so anytime in the next two weeks should do you.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (8,515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

First week in jan in console speak would be starting Monday. So we not even in the first week of jan yet. We in the last week of December. Just that jan happens to be in the last week of dec.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (8,509 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

My headset (Sennheiser U320) actually works perfectly with a little help from a 3.5mm to 2.5mm jack. i''m just asking for a friend who has the Official Sony Headset (thats all he told me). 

+Idk where you live mate, but for me it's the first week of january. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (8,499 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

My comment about the bluetooth wasnt at you specifically gaz, more the fact that this rumors been flying around far to much lately and people interested in stuff like that will inevitably check this thread.

And he's right. The PSN store is measured in weeks, not specific calender dates. So as far as the store is concerned, This comming monday is the first week of january, as the christmas period is "off time"

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (8,491 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

4 days into the first week?

dont forget the first day was a holliday so not counted and today is a weekend so also not counted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just seen Mr T getting some petrol. I pity the Fuel.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (8,476 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Yeah I know where he's coming from, I'm just pulling his leg :') Hence the new PS Plus content will be releasing this wednesday coming, right? 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (8,471 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

It's the same as in business dude. The first Monday of the month is the first week of that month. That's why the Bank of England always meet on a Thursday to discuss the interest rates. But that date can be anything from the fourth of the month to the eleventh of tge month. It's always the first Thursday after the first Monday. So if Monday is 1st it'll be the 4th. If Monday is the 7th it'll be 11th. And any in between. Businesses don't keep the same time as the rest of us mate. That's why the year ends in April for finance.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (8,450 Views)
0 Kudos