02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
2,617 Replies 280,199 Views edited 12-01-2016

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

Latest update from Online Support 

The error ce-34878-0 means an application has crashed so you will see it from time to time. 

If you are are getting this error regularly, to the point where its making games unplayable then this indicates its not a normal crash and something is wrong. 

If this is the case please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

You can also try deleting and reinstalling the game or application that's affected. 

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

If the troubleshooting does not prevent the frequent crashing then your console is likely in need of service. If this is the case please click here to run through some troubleshooting and arrange for a replacement console if required.

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

LfLf

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LfLf
Accepted Solution
I opened the ign app, after I selected it, the whole system shut down and wouldn't turn back on. When I tried to switch it on, the blue light flashed on then it went off straight away. I had to take it back to game whose only resolve was to replace the console.
0 Kudos

Re: ce-34878-0 Error

/16

Orcvader

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Orcvader
Accepted Solution

My story:

Part 1 - Discovering the issue:

Got console on US release, day 1. Downloaded Resogun and Contrast. Resogun played perfectly always and Resogun kept getting the error... I thought Contrast needed a patch so I ignored it.

Then NBA2K disc based started getting the error every time I wanted to start a game in any mode (would not crash on menu).

Then KILLZONE (PSN version) started doing the same at the start of the game.

Initialized, deleted all save files from console and cloud. Same issues... 

Part 2 - Console 2

I called Sony and they said it was likely a bad HDD because Contrast, NBA2K (disc), KILLZONE (PSN) were crashing ALWAYS. So they sent a box for me to ship my console and get a new one.

Part 3 - Console 3

The new console arrived. I verified all saved files from cloud were gone and re-dowloaded every game. Same exact issues. Especially in KILLZONE were crash was at exact same spot.

Initialized, dowloaded all games again = same exact issue.

I downloaded the enw firmware, put it on thumbdrive, initialized again = same issues.

Call Sony and they say its a video card issue, they send box so I can ship and get a new console. I sent this console and got a new one.

Part 4 - Console 4

The new console (this is my 3rd one) came in. I plug it in and have no video. The "Blue Line Of Death" situation - bad console.

Call support and they send me my 4th console (got it today).

By now, support feels as bad as I do and they send me a free disc-based game (Knack) after I asked for some form of compensation (not angry, I just told them nicely this was ridiculous by now).

Last Part -

So far so good with my latest console. I downloaded Resogun and played a bit with no issues. I am playing disc based Lego Marvel game (from GameFly rental) and no issues so far. I will leave Killzone downloading overnight and report back any issues. 

Hopefully the 4th time is the charm!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

kikson123

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kikson123
Accepted Solution
Lost 40h of playing assasin creed black flag, did not finish a game because I was chasing secrets.Now I dont want to spend another 40h with posibillity for same thing hapend again.Also have psn plus acount and I was expecting that all my saves are 100% safe.At momen Iam very disapointed in sony
0 Kudos

/16

ducatti1

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ducatti1
Accepted Solution
I keep getting the error after playing 1 career game in Fifa 14 (downloaded from PSN)
If i log on as a new user i do not get any errors????
I see IGN have taken notice of our issues and reported it on their site.
Will Sony like to enlighten us some time soon as to what is going on?????
0 Kudos

/16
24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zombie-boy-hasbe
Accepted Solution
It's ease my save files to battlefield 4 game witch suck ba..s
0 Kudos

/16
24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zombie-boy-hasbe
Accepted Solution
Same with battlefield 4 game save files get ease but not online so far
0 Kudos

/16
24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zombie-boy-hasbe
Accepted Solution
It happens. To me to with that game
0 Kudos

/16

x1LuCkyBASTRDx

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x1LuCkyBASTRDx
Accepted Solution
Trust me the xboxone has more issues... just sold mine saturday
0 Kudos

/16

Mordotia-II

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mordotia-II
Accepted Solution

... the list keeps growing.

I lost my BF4 campaign progress at half way through the game, the game didn't recognize the save file anymore, also the backup from the cloud was already "corrupted".

As I had no real interest in playing through the campaign again, spending hours on something I "just" experienced and real life also requires some attention, I sold my BF4, picking it up for cheap maybe 3/4 of a year from now.

"Now" realising that this can actually f**k up any game I am playing, worries me big time. Do I have to disable autoupload of the save files and make a backup manually "every time" I stop playing?

My wife's half through AC IV, if "she" runs into that issue, hell, that's gonna be a night to remember ... 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Jack_Pow

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jack_Pow
Accepted Solution
I've not had any error messages, but after doing 2 of the 3 endings on BF4 I noticed it was downloading and update. Since then after going back onto the campaign I've noticed all my progress has gone (all weapons, dogtags etc) and it puts me right back at the start. Also noticed (apart from Netflix) none of my apps open. (IGN etc)

Doesn't sound as bad as some other people's cases, but could still be related and is stupidly annoying!
0 Kudos

/16

Sillyfocker

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sillyfocker
Accepted Solution

Since my first ERROR on my replacement console so far it hasnt happened again.  To be safe i decided to delete my Battlefield data(old save file) as i got the ERROR on the same part of the map in multiplayer.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/446116/ps4-users-report-save-corruption-error/

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/21/ps4-error-corrupting-save-files

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/20/report-playstation-4-error-is-corrupting-user-save-files/

Sony no more hiding !!!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Hey guys,

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

/16

LT_AFCW

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LT_AFCW
Accepted Solution

lol!

0 Kudos

/16

luc76985

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
luc76985
Accepted Solution

As of yesterday, I can confirm that this will work temporarily.  At least for me.  Other temporary workarounds include deleting the entire game (and saves) from your system, rebooting in safe mode and selecting "rebuild database," and then redownloading the entire game (as seen in this guy's youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vismSMLqQJ0).  For me with Resogun, that is not such a big deal.  For others who experience this in campaign mode games... I can see why you might be reluctant :)

ETA: This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDpvM49VsZY) is the other video that helped me learn my temporary workaround.  They're pretty similar, but this one is a bit more thorough.  

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

xLew--

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLew--
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote:

Hey guys,

Hope that helps.

@LordRoss dunno if this is anything to pass on, but i can replicate this bug everytime doing this:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-General/Error-amp-System-Restart-CE-34878-0/m-p/20632147#...

Go to Messages, then Create Message, then Online and scroll down through your friends at any speed, i did one a second, ive even tried as fast as i could and just a second ago writing this post i left it on a single friend.. The console freezes up and then after a few seconds it forces a restart with the error code CE-34878-0

0 Kudos

/16

Gorax1981

63%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gorax1981
Accepted Solution

Hiya Lord Ross

This fix does not work i had tied loads of times, I have had the console from launch. I have spent over 2 hours on the phone to customer services over the last two weeks, hoping for firmware update by now. I got this error with games and now apps. I now have an replacement console to try out at the weekend. 

I personally think sony should know what this error code means by now, because customer services doest not.

0 Kudos

/16

GARDNERisGOD

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GARDNERisGOD
Accepted Solution

it didnt help at all. even created a new profile, error code pops up even faster. 3 games that are now completely unplayable (knack, n4s, b4)

0 Kudos

/16

x_Undead-Girl_x

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x_Undead-Girl_x
Accepted Solution

That did not help. Im very loyal to sony, but this is extremely annoying. I understand yous cant fix or prevent everything, but if i shut ps4 down, then unplug it to move its location, and it keeps telling me that i shut it off incorrectly every ****ing time, & its needs to check & restore stuff, how & why is that my fault? Why must i have to do all this work, lose things i dont have enough space to backup, just because the EXPENSIVE ps4 & games decide to tell me i didnt do something right? Please email me & provide an answer. -_-

0 Kudos

/16

WOOLY1-1976

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WOOLY1-1976
Accepted Solution

having a problem with the NP-34341-0 error code for fallout 4. all my other games work fine and this only happens with this game. ive uninstalled the game files atleast 5 times and have reinstalled them after. tried to update system . i dont have a problem wiping out all saved info but have bought several games on lin as well as DLC .i dont want to lose it . 

Any suggestions???

0 Kudos

ce-34878-0 Error

/16

GarciaLuis77

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GarciaLuis77
Accepted Solution

I pay 500€ for hear bip bip bip when i just wanna play! F**k! Let's do something c'mon!!!

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

/16

booboo640

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
booboo640
Accepted Solution
I've had it happen twice that I can remember, and I've had my console since launch. First time was with trials fusion it just dumped me back to the home screen before bringing up the error screen the second time was with stick it to the man, same deal as with trials. Both times I was able to reload the game with no drama's.
Sucks to hear people are losing game saves and it is bricking consoles.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel