02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
2,771 Replies 456,407 Views edited 13-04-2016
04 Dec 2013
By MikeBgsw

I've been getting this on NBA 2K14 since this evening. 

The game is completely unplayable. I know it's happened with other games for people and it happened to me on Battlefield yesterday but seems to be working okay today.

Still, if games are going to become unplayable, what is the point of owning a games console?

LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

KingGobbo

• Online Support
KingGobbo
Accepted Solution

The error ce-34878-0 means an application has crashed so you will see it from time to time. 

If you are are getting this error regularly, to the point where its making games unplayable then this indicates its not a normal crash and something is wrong. 

If this is the case please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

You can also try deleting and reinstalling the game or application that's affected. 

If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs.

If the troubleshooting does not prevent the frequent crashing then your console is likely in need of service. If this is the case please click here to run through some troubleshooting and arrange for a replacement console if required.

You can also tweet Ask PlayStation UK for direct help Monday to Sunday, 9:00am to 11:00pm if you need any more direct assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Error code CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Term1kas

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Term1kas
Accepted Solution

I have this error STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on Destiny. It's so annoying and very disapointing. It's VERY UNPROFEESIONAL from developers.

0 Kudos

Re: ce-34878-0 Error

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Robinwoof

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Robinwoof
Accepted Solution

I don't believe this is a problem with specific games. From my experience, as a computer scientist, this has to be an error within the hard drive of the console. There have been numerous reports of disks failing. This could be hardware related (the drive itself) or file-system related, or it could even be related to the contol unit of the processor. I cannot investigate this further, as I will have to breach the warranty to even change the drive which isn't a good idea considering all the problems I had with the console (this is the 3rd one). 

I can tell you however that I had it with FIFA 14 for example and AC4:Black Flag and from what I can tell it has happened with most of the games so it shouldn't be game related.

What I did was to wipe my console 2 times. I haven't had this error for quite a while now, but I suspect it will reappear sometime in the future.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

schisophrenic

77%
04 Rank
Progress
schisophrenic
Accepted Solution

I had it on my previous ps4, so I bought another one. This error is back after two months. I'm getting refund for ps4 and all games from psn store. Should be enough for xbox one.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
xXI_OLDSKOOL_IXx
Accepted Solution

Robinwoof wrote:

I don't believe this is a problem with specific games. From my experience, as a computer scientist, this has to be an error within the hard drive of the console. There have been numerous reports of disks failing. This could be hardware related (the drive itself) or file-system related, or it could even be related to the contol unit of the processor. I cannot investigate this further, as I will have to breach the warranty to even change the drive which isn't a good idea considering all the problems I had with the console (this is the 3rd one). 

I can tell you however that I had it with FIFA 14 for example and AC4:Black Flag and from what I can tell it has happened with most of the games so it shouldn't be game related.

What I did was to wipe my console 2 times. I haven't had this error for quite a while now, but I suspect it will reappear sometime in the future.

I see this thread is still going strong nearly one year on.

I haven't had this error luckily since 28/6/2014 when I had downloaded the World Cup update for FIFA 14, which effectively broke the game which was a joke in itself, complete disregard for QA as I had made the same crash happen a minute later by just going into the single player mode and then coming back out, and sent the video to Sony.

I have had the error over three titles, mainly BF4, Ghosts and FIFA 14.

I haven't been playing much over the summer but when I did it was only the Destiny beta and the PS+ games, no issues then and have been playing Destiny solid now since release, touch wood no problems apart from server crashes their end.

As for the HDD theory, I checked mine in May and the S.M.A.R.T data was clean as a whistle, and I'm quite surprised that these hard drives are failing as they are made by Hitachi now Western Digital and are the most reliable make out there.

A simple check disk feature on the menu would be useful in case it is a dodgy hard drive causing the problem.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ebycon

92%
02 Rank
Progress
ebycon
Accepted Solution

it's not ea, i had it (like a lot of other falks) with the last of us remastered... then a friend lend me diablo III, because I wanted to test the console and it crashed too with diablo III. Same error.

not to mention my console shutting down brutally.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dzastinas

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Dzastinas
Accepted Solution

Guys (the one's who have problems) I want to ask you what model your console is? CUH-????

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ebycon

92%
02 Rank
Progress
ebycon
Accepted Solution

mine is CUH-1004AB01X

it was a bundle with the last of us

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ebycon

92%
02 Rank
Progress
ebycon
Accepted Solution

so guys, how u doing with the error? I'm awaiting for my ps4 replacement...hope it will work...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DTafi

87%
03 Rank
Progress
DTafi
Accepted Solution

certainly certainly... :p whole thing is a big failure

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ebycon

92%
02 Rank
Progress
ebycon
Accepted Solution

so basically everyone in this thread is an unlucky *****, right? Because I talk to people and they don't have these problems... *****.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

strove

21%
02 Rank
Progress
strove
Accepted Solution

same on metro redux.  no help from sony.   the kings new cloths come to mind with the ps4, what a con.  very poor quality, degign, games, security, pretty much everything including the controller and hard drive.  getting the game cube out...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Robinwoof

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Robinwoof
Accepted Solution

I have had the error some times with games crashing as well since day one. The only way I found to "fix" this was to wipe the console every 2 months or so, which sucks. The hard disk is gonna die soon I believe, if the console doesn't die first that is.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

allywidd

63%
02 Rank
Progress
allywidd
Accepted Solution

Robinwoof wrote:

I have had the error some times with games crashing as well since day one. The only way I found to "fix" this was to wipe the console every 2 months or so, which sucks. The hard disk is gonna die soon I believe, if the console doesn't die first that is.

That just it though isnt it, we shouldnt have to wipe the drive to find a solution to the problem, the hardware is all the same, the OS software is all the same. The Physical or Digital versions are all the same yet there is a small minority of people that are plagued with this issue and nothing seems to be getting done about it. 

The troubleshooting guide for example for CE-34878-0 & CE-36329-3 says to remove the camera.

How is that even relavant to save file corruptions or whatever is the underlying issue with these errors.

And then Update to latest firmware - If i bought this new title off the store im gonna have the latest OS firmwire.

Now within 3 months I have had two dead games that are completly unplayable whilst other non first party games from the store work just fine.

rant over, customer support will be getting a call in the morning for all the good that will do me. Another refund into my wallet instead of my card which I could then use to get the game on disc and cheaper.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Robinwoof

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Robinwoof
Accepted Solution

Sorry to say that, but you are going to waste your breath in phone support. These guys don't care about anything and they will accuse you of damaging the console and will insist that it should work and that you're doing something wrong. Just saying so you know what to expect :) That is if you manage to contact them.

I do believe that this crashing issue is a fault of the drive with which the console is equipped. You can change it easily, but you will breach the warranty which I wouldn't suggest, considering the console is a piece of junk quality-wise and may die on you any moment.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

allywidd

63%
02 Rank
Progress
allywidd
Accepted Solution

I know all to well about phone support. I had to chase them for 7 weeks just so I could get a refund on TLOU. Then when I did get it they didnt tell me for another 2 weeks.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

san5324

64%
02 Rank
Progress
san5324
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

san5324

64%
02 Rank
Progress
san5324
Accepted Solution
I don't wanna add salt in people's wounds but I only had it when I played ea games and I'm deff ignoring any ea game. Watchdogs, second son, blackflag and the last of us had zero problem. Only problem I bad was with Fifa ( couldn't get further than the first match) and in a bit less with bf4.

I downloaded games from p
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

san5324

64%
02 Rank
Progress
san5324
Accepted Solution
Ps+ too, but only Indies, no probs there. My 2 buddies ( brothers, sharing apartment together) had the code at the same time during bf4. So I believe its ea and software problem, deff not hardware.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

san5324

64%
02 Rank
Progress
san5324
Accepted Solution
I check when I'm home, in about 20 min or so.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

san5324

64%
02 Rank
Progress
san5324
Accepted Solution
We also need to find out what was the serial code of the first batch of ps4. If it really is cuh then the stories are true. I read on a Chinese site before the ps4 was released that a high school forced their graduate students work in the factory where they made the ps4. If they didn't do this they could not graduate . I read stories where students said that they on purpose ducked up the ps4... USA was the first country that sold the ps4 so I guess we need to find out what was the first serial code.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

san5324

64%
02 Rank
Progress
san5324